If you can call a piece that ends with this "nice":

"With both RIM and Nokia in such dire straits, it wouldn�t be wise to bet on either of them pulling off a major comeback anytime soon. But if someone placed a gun to my head and asked me which company was most likely to survive over the next couple of years, I would have to pick RIM."
    10-19-12 02:11 PM
    He makes some good points and it is nice(ish), but the overall tone is pure BGR. Guess that is why he's still a Boy...
    anon(3896606) and 00stryder like this.
    10-19-12 02:30 PM
    He's still traumatised about IP5 and it's failure to bring anything new to the table. There was a deafening silence of late from BGR....maybe he's waiting for BB10 too. The mind cringes to imagine him as a BB fan.....
    Last edited by sam_b77; 10-20-12 at 04:03 PM.
    10-19-12 03:50 PM
    pretty much what he is saying is that they feel rim made better decision with going with its own os instead of adopting windows 8 or android. i totally agree with this assessment. nokia will be screwed because windows 8 mobile is not exclusive to nokia and in fact microsoft might soon release its own phone. rim strategy will pay off imo. rim is selling more phones with "old" os than nokia and all other win 8 mobile manufacturers combined.
    10-19-12 04:02 PM
    I just keep hoping he doesn't start posting here...
    It would make my eyes bleed
    10-19-12 04:02 PM
    I always wonder when sites report something about BlackBerry they almost always use an older model. Sometimes even models that are >5 years old! Why?? Do they want to make people think that those are the only models?
    10-19-12 04:13 PM
    Keep your name BGR if you change it now it would just be SGR (some guy reports).
    10-19-12 06:34 PM
    I always wonder when sites report something about BlackBerry they almost always use an older model. Sometimes even models that are >5 years old! Why?? Do they want to make people think that those are the only models?
    Yeah this bugs the crap out of me as well. Newspapers do it all the time. Other than CrackBerry, I find Engadget always uses up to date photos.
    10-19-12 09:18 PM
    I wouldn't want this to be interpreted as anything other than sarcastic irony; but I could see a fair number of crackberry nation resonating with the 'gun to (his) head' part =)
    10-19-12 09:29 PM
    Yeah this bugs the crap out of me as well. Newspapers do it all the time. Other than CrackBerry, I find Engadget always uses up to date photos.
    If it makes you feel better, I'd guess 99.9% of non BB users, and probably...50+% of BB users can't distinguish between models anyways If you combine those numbers with the fact that only 5% of people actually paid any attention to the picture....along with the fact, that even the "nicest" BB wouldn't convince any non BB user to use it, and, it really doesn't make any difference.

As to Nokia....I just assumed they gave up when they signed with MS. I figured they were definitely "dead" (or at least....let's say downsizing by 90% or so from their peak ;-) when they threw in with MS. I assumed MS must have made it worth their while to basically burn their own ship to the ground. I suppose the fact that I have no faith whatsoever in MS ability to deliver a quality product played into that assumption, but I couldn't imagine them thriving...
    10-19-12 10:08 PM
    Financially RIM is loads better off than Nokian never mind product/market strategies.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-20-12 12:49 AM
    Financially RIM is loads better off than Nokian never mind product/market strategies.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    In what way? It doesn't seem that clear to me.
    10-20-12 03:08 AM
    Nah, I don't think wp8 gonna be a huge flop like most people think. They had so many device in the pipe line at the moment. Look at android, they just make lots of device and now they're on top of the food chain. Heck, imo RIM only jobs for the next year is to launch BB10, deny WP8 third place and grow back some of its lost user base in the US.
    I'd call 2013 the year of the returning kings. Nokia and Rim is back to reclaim their throne in the market. I my self and a classmate already had a device exchange plan in place to be able to experience two new OS for the price of one
    10-20-12 10:11 AM