While texting my Daughter on her Pixie and my wife on her Iphone, my daughter told me I was sending blank texts. But my wife was getting them fine. This is the first glitch I've had (unless it's the Pixie's fault) on my Bold. I also just installed quicklaunch yesterday. Any similar experiences out there?
    03-11-10 11:14 PM
    What happens when your wife sends them to her?
    03-11-10 11:21 PM
    Your Bold isn't advanced enough to talk to a Bold.

No, but seriously, chances are good the issue may be a network one since you both are on different carriers. Try sending her a text via another phone on a different carrier and then on a different phone on the same carrier you're on. See what the results are.
    03-12-10 09:48 AM
    My wife can text her from her Iphone and I can text my wife on her Iphone and visa versa. My wife can text two way with my daughters Pixie. My wife and I are on AT&T. My daughter's Pixie is on Sprint I think. Update. Last night before I went to bed I sent a test message from Bold to my work curve 8900 , both on AT&T. Got a "network error" message. When I got up the text had gone through. Update2; My daughter is still getting headers with blank texts from me. I am getting her texts and back and forth with the wife still works.
    03-12-10 08:58 PM
    I've never had this problem before and allot of my colleges use palm, we're pretty much 4 to 1 blackberry vs palm right now. your best bet is to do a desktop manager restore if you have a recent backup minus the quicklaunch app or just try deleting quicklaunch. if that doesn't work buy her a blackberry and just use bbm.
    03-12-10 09:27 PM
    Resend all your service books by going into Host Routing Table and hitting Menu/Register. If that doesn't solve your issues, report it to AT&T. Also, check the SMS provisioning screen on your Bold against your work Curve. They should match up for the most part if they are both on the same carrier.
    03-12-10 09:29 PM
    I Think I've got it. I downloaded Fancy Characters and it had me change my SMS Data Coding from 7 bit to UCS2. I will change it back and try later. The daughter is a college student and surely won't be up at the hour.
    03-13-10 08:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD