I cannot believe the silliness surrounding BIS outage/event.

They had a system failure and are working diligently to fix it. Stuff happens....people must learn to deal with it.

• When a light bulb burns out in your house do you change the entire light fixture?
    • Do you move homes when your power company has an outage and you are with electricity for a few hours?
    • When your car won't start do you go out and buy a new, different model or wait for the repair?
    • When your home internet goes down do you run out and buy another computer?

All this talk of people now wanting to switch devices because of the service outage need a head check. You want unsecured, delayed push? Go right ahead. You want an app to tell you that your other app isn't working so you must get a new app to replace it? Go ahead. You want a toy or do you want a functional device in all aspects of what the word "functional" means?

If anything...the media attention surrounding this outage should re-affirm to everyone just how large RIM's footprint really is. Rest assured...RIM doesn't want this and will take steps to fix it and make it better. It takes events like this to ensure additional failsafes.

Stuff happens....life happens..... chill and enjoy life without that constant buzzing of which 95% of incoming stuff is just pointless garbage anyways.

If you really RELY on your blackberry for everything then SHAME ON YOU for not having a contingency plan. It's like the guy who complains about losing all his pictures and music when his hard drive crashes but at the same never bothered to back it up externally....YOUR FAULT for not having a contingency plan. NOT RIM'S

It surprises me to no end that those that complained loud and hard about bbm didn't know that sms messaging was working fine. 95% of my bbm contacts didn't know that you can still send an sms when BBM is down. I guess the info they were trying to communicate wasn't that important was it?

Society is weird isn't it? People go into withdrawal when BIS goes down but still won't pick up the phone to say hello to that person they were going to BBM for the same reason.
    10-13-11 08:45 AM
    Too late. The madness has surrounded and engulfed us. RIM's servers failed. Civilization as we know it is doomed.

Oh wait ... it's back now. Yet the madness prevails ...

Global warming should be back soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-11 08:54 AM
    Well written. Perfect sense. May I post this in a blog post?

10-13-11 08:59 AM
    Well written. Perfect sense. May I post this in a blog post?

Sure you can.

Cheers
    10-13-11 09:12 AM
  5. T
    Listening to the press conference now. Still there are some idiotic journalists asking about "reparations" for carriers because of "angry" customers. Ridiculous. Mike just replied that the carriers have actually been helpful. They all understand it could happen to any of them.
    10-13-11 09:23 AM
    doo doo occurs.

then it gets fixed.

life goes on.
    10-13-11 09:26 AM
    if you don't like service outages, switch. personally i can live with service outages..android isn't for me and iphone..well no thanks. i'm a blackberry girl and there ain't no changin it!
    10-13-11 09:29 AM
    Listening to the press conference now. Still there are some idiotic journalists asking about "reparations" for carriers because of "angry" customers. Ridiculous. Mike just replied that the carriers have actually been helpful. They all understand it could happen to any of them.
    Whoever asked that question is no journalist. He/she is an insult to the journalism profession. I would not be surprised if the person blogs for BGR or some other anti RIM website.
    10-13-11 09:37 AM
    WELL SAID (written)..........your my HERO
    Last edited by spencerdl; 10-13-11 at 09:43 AM.
    10-13-11 09:40 AM
    The main difference is that if the BB infrastructure goes down all BB users are affected. This is less true with iPhone and even less so with Android, because they depend on the carrier's infrastructure, so a BB outage by definition affects more people, as as such is "bigger news". Of course the upside is that since RIM owns the infrastructure they can do things like compressing and encrypting the entire path, changing BBM contacts "in the background" when you change devices, and other such useful things.
    10-13-11 09:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD