Apparently, Fark.com predicted this thread many years ago by using this as their placeholder image:

Thanks, Drew!
    01-30-12 05:14 PM
    This begruntled post has turned 180 degrees into good clean fun! Keep em comin! Nice shot pk is he a friend of yours? Its Secret Squirrel!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-30-12 05:15 PM
    Crackberry Award for completely off the rails thread...

The nuts are running the asylum.
    01-30-12 05:16 PM
    Perry the Platypus is my hero.
    01-30-12 05:17 PM
    I like the original title...."JUNK" is offensive; When Gen Patton received notice from the Nazis to surrender, he didn't say "JUNK", he said NUTs.
    I can confirm this just checked multiple WW2 history books.
    spike12 and alnamvet68 like this.
    01-30-12 05:27 PM
    This begruntled post has turned 180 degrees into good clean fun!...
    I agree, this thread is awsome. It seems that good things happen when Kevin spanks a troll and sends him upstairs crying to his mommy.
    01-30-12 06:01 PM
    OP, it's ok if they hug his nuts, they are excited and this new CEO (change) can bring many positive things to RIM (which I sincerely hope, I can't wait to see BB10 on actual hardware).

It's another thing if they hang on his nuts. That's where things get out of control.
    01-30-12 06:36 PM
    Right - because the CEO of a multi-million dollar international company has time to peruse this site and sift through the piles of troll garbage to find insightful feedback.
    Agreed. But he could hire someone to do this.

Sorry, I hadn't realized I'd have to spell it out.

- R.
    01-30-12 06:36 PM
    Why hire someone when he can just ask Kevin.
    01-30-12 06:44 PM
    I just hope he has big nuts. He might need them if you know what I mean.
    01-30-12 06:47 PM
    ** GROUP HUG**

01-30-12 06:55 PM
    Some people simply have no sense of etiquette, and even less respect. The significance of the Chief Executive Officer of RIM actually reaching out seems to be completely lost on some people. Instead these people recommend immediately challenging him and asking him to "sift through the forums" to read all the rude and disrespectful troll rubbish written by those who for some reason think they could do a better job themselves.
    And I think a lot of people on here have lost sight of what it means to be a customer - the one who gives RIM the money it needs to operate.

He owes it to us to reach out, given we're his last gasp of buyers.

And to spell it out - Hire someone to do it, give them the authority to get answers from or escalate issues to senior people, and have them give him a weekly status report (which might take 10 min maximum). Ask Kevin to give them a dedicated sub-forum to post those status reports so members can comment. And yes, scan those comments once a week or so personally.

The NFL Commissioner sits in the cheap seats once in a while and chats with the fans in those seats. Why can't the CEO of RIM?

- R.
    01-30-12 06:58 PM
    ** GROUP HUG**

Ouch!

No pinching SM
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-30-12 07:00 PM
    I may like where RIM is going with the new CEO and all, but huggin' nuts, his nuts, or any man's nuts, has never been on my agenda. This homey don't play that game.....just sayin'.
    01-30-12 07:02 PM
    ... There's only one body he needs to answer to, and that's the board of directors. The rest of us need to show the man the respect he deserves.
    Ultimately, the only body he needs to answer to are his customers.

In terms of his earning my respect - and yes, I said earning - let's see some action.

- R.
    01-30-12 07:02 PM
    Alright lets talk serious for 1 second. The people they need to entice are not us hardcore berry addicted diehards. It would be safe to say we are all not going anywhere else too soon. They need to do everything they can to educate and provide as much exposure to their products to the ignorant brain washed public. I still think selling the PB at a loss was genius. Look how many people would never have a Blackberry moment if not for this. And as we fast forward now alot of them are here learning about their new purchase and finding alot of the rumors of Blackberry being dead was BS. Soon they will be eligible for an upgrade and I think the BB Bridge feature alone will ensure their new device will be a Blackberry. Just my opinion, no ifs ands or Nuts!

Posted from my CrackBook on Crackberry.com using Blackberry Bridge!
    Last edited by albee 1; 01-30-12 at 07:47 PM.
    01-30-12 07:43 PM
    ... The people they need to entice are not us hardcore berry addicted diehards. ... They need to do everything they can to educate and provide as much exposure to their products to the ignorant brain washed public. ... I think the BB Bridge feature alone will ensure their new device will be a Blackberry. ...
    Posted from my CrackBook on Crackberry.com using Blackberry Bridge!
    I agree they need to focus on the public, but one of the fastest and easiest ways to do that is to arm their evangelists - the folks on these forums. I am so sick of fighting with one hand tied behind my back!

Depending on the Bridge is a shining example of that. I think it's very cool to have web access anywhere - then my brother says "Oh, we do that all the time by tethering our iMac to our iPhones for web access on the highway". Sure, Bridge does more, but it's going to have to do a LOT more for the public to get excited about it. Why don't more third party apps use it, for instance? Pay the developers to implement it and leverage your differentiator!

- R.
    01-30-12 08:41 PM
    Wouldn't say the Troll got me mad.

I think my new mission for the forums here will be to respond to every troll comment. A week of doing that and the trolls will realize they might as well not even bother trolling to begin with. Good idea?

Kevin,

I think it is you who should grow up!

Fearless Leader?

Your response to his comment is only further evidence that you are batting out of your league.

I do not know you, all I have seen is your reaction and replies to recent events and I am not impressed.

What the OP stated has some merit perhaps it needs rephrasing so I will try.

"Kevin please stop trying to force your ideas on us about a man who has done nothing for us yet, and is RIM's last resort" If he fails RIM will be no more or sold at best!

It is you that is excited not us! It is you that spoke to him not us! It is you that asked some really naf questions on behalf of us!

This seems to have gone to your head, so, if you are gong to respond to every comment you can start with me.

Respond to this:

Before you Start trying to rename RIM, tell us what to think and call your members trolls perhaps you should take a look at who you really are and what Crackberry actually does for us that is so unique and valuable.

This is a forum that is very colourful on the outside and has very little actual content and substance on the inside unlike the companies you represent.

It is you that needs to look at your recent actions and the reactions of your members not us!

So you grow up!
    01-30-12 08:43 PM
    where is my Reply?
    01-30-12 08:56 PM
    Kevin,

Fearless Leader?

Your response to his comment is only further evidence that you are batting out of your league.

I do not know you, all I have seen is your reaction and replies to recent events and I am not impressed.

"Kevin please stop trying to force your ideas on us about a man who has done nothing for us yet, and is RIM's last resort" If he fails RIM will be no more or sold at best!

It is you that is excited not us! It is you that spoke to him not us! It is you that asked some really naf questions on behalf of us!

This seems to have gone to your head, so, if you are gong to respond to every comment you can start with me.

Respond to this:

Before you Start trying to rename RIM, tell us what to think and call your members trolls perhaps you should take a look at who you really are and what Crackberry actually does for us that is so unique and valuable.

This is a forum that is very colourful on the outside and has very little actual content and substance on the inside unlike the companies you represent.

It is you that needs to look at your recent actions and the reactions of your members not us!

So you grow up!
    Dude calm down, your handle should be white iphone by your reaction. Kevin is just doing what good over seers do, protect the flock. You obviously haven't been here long. There has been relentless bashing by people from other platforms. It is stricly because of Kevins reaction that all of us do not have to filter through hundreds of insults daily while we try to help each other. And it is working. There is less BS allowed to be posted here which enables the ones who are here to learn a much better experience. In short Kev was trying to protect you! We all owe him a Thank You! I for 1 appreciate his effort.
    01-30-12 08:57 PM

The man is expressing HIS opinions on HIS website. How is he "forcing" you to do anything? Did he grab you by the neck, pin your eyelids open and MAKE you read HIS opinion on HIS website?

Why should Kevin listen to your directives? You've come here and only posted a few dozen times. Maybe he needs to wait until you've "proven" yourself before he listens to you...

It's OK to have a differing opinion, but you really ought to back it down a notch or 3...
    01-30-12 08:58 PM
    Ouch!

No pinching SM
    It wasn't SM
    TheScionicMan likes this.
    01-30-12 09:03 PM
    Kevin,

Fearless Leader?

So you grow up!
    Wow! Forcing his ideas? Hmmm....you seem angry.

Anyway, when is the last time you had some fiber? Works wonders for those that are negative.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 01-30-12 at 09:14 PM.
    rrrebo and maddie1128 like this.
    01-30-12 09:04 PM
    Hooooweee....those are some mighty huge junk sacks you got there pardner.
    Last edited by alnamvet68; 01-30-12 at 09:16 PM.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-30-12 09:10 PM
    where is my Reply?
    Arrogant wee pissant, eh?
    Blacklatino likes this.
    01-30-12 09:15 PM
240 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD