Is "nut hugging" a common US phrase or specific to this OP? Just curious...
    01-31-12 09:09 AM
    . Who are you that any CEO needs to do anything to gain your respect? You buy their products or you don't, and that's the extent of that relationship.
    So let me get this straight. You remarked earlier how because he's a "big" CEO, that he deserves our (forum members) respect and should be shown respect. But because I'm not a "big" CEO, he doesn't have to show me any respect, or gain it in anyway? Riiiggght. I don't care WHO you are, in my world, respect is earned, not given.

I have a saying, there are those who demand respect, and those who command respect. Balsillie (thru a lot of his remarks) came across as a person who demanded respect. Time will tell if Thor is the former or the latter.
    Rooster99 likes this.
    01-31-12 09:22 AM
    Is "nut hugging" a common US phrase or specific to this OP? Just curious...
    Well I've never heard of hugging nuts so maybe just where the OP is from?

Now brown nosing is used a lot. Nose is brown because it is always up someones rear end.
    01-31-12 09:25 AM
    Well I've never heard of hugging nuts so maybe just where the OP is from?

Now brown nosing is used a lot. Nose is brown because it is always up someones rear end.
    Which also puts you in definite proximity of the afore mentioned "nuts"
    01-31-12 09:29 AM
    "Nut hugging" is simply another term for fanboy.
    01-31-12 09:30 AM
    Evidently the op simply road off into the sunset. (Soundtrack for the good the bad and the ugly playing in the background).
    01-31-12 09:32 AM
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a1frQePF5g[/YT]

Pilchard and AugustArborists like this.
    01-31-12 09:37 AM
    Thanks Wulf, love your avatar by the way!
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-31-12 09:53 AM
    Is that why Hagrid says "You're a wizard, Harry"?
    rrrebo likes this.
    01-31-12 09:56 AM
    That was great if not a bit frightening, Wulf. "Squirrels in my Pants" was pretty darn funny as well. I love this site, it's always entertaining.
    01-31-12 10:42 AM
    Ok I get that you agree with the OP general subject, fine, but you got to see the "spit in your face" part just look at the title of the thread. Telling Kevin to stop hugging someones nuts and to get off his nuts is a blatant insult. If your tring to stress a point their is much better ways of doing it.
    Maybe he's so upset because he knows of a better way to hug ones' nuts. That's the only reason why I would imagine making comments about growing up, spitting on someone...or maybe he meant "spitting out". Hmmm...
    01-31-12 10:43 AM
    Also for the record I have just been sent an infraction what a joke!
    Don't let them force that down your throat. Be bold, tell them what you think of their infractions...
    01-31-12 11:06 AM
    Dead frakking wrong. As CEO, his responsibility is to the board and his shareholders. He has (or is supposed to have) marketing execs to keep a thumb on the pulse of consumers. ... Please, you're thinking just a bit much of yourself here. Who are you that any CEO needs to do anything to gain your respect? You buy their products or you don't, and that's the extent of that relationship.
    1) Marketing reports to the CEO - and the buck stops there. A CEO who doesn't feel responsibility to their customers is the CEO of a way old-style company that won't last in the modern customer-driven business world.

2) Who am I? A customer. And if the CEO wants to keep me that way, they do need to earn my respect. I think that's true of most people.

CEO's are not exalted beings who exist on some other plane. They, and their companies, exist for one purpose - to earn a profit, and they do that by satisfying their customers. If there are no customers, they are CEO of nothing.

Enough said from me - I've spelled out my position very clearly, and at this point people will either agree or disagree, but no one is going to be persuaded to change their point of view. Now let's see what happens.

- R.
    01-31-12 11:16 AM
    So let me get this straight. You remarked earlier how because he's a "big" CEO, that he deserves our (forum members) respect and should be shown respect. But because I'm not a "big" CEO, he doesn't have to show me any respect, or gain it in anyway? Riiiggght. I don't care WHO you are, in my world, respect is earned, not given.

I have a saying, there are those who demand respect, and those who command respect. Balsillie (thru a lot of his remarks) came across as a person who demanded respect. Time will tell if Thor is the former or the latter.
    Unless you're either on that board of directors or are another CEO, the fact that he was put in that position by a bunch of people with a lot more business knowledge, experience and influence than 99.99% of anyone here is enough to have earned our respect, at least for now since he's only just been put in that position. You don't agree, that's your perogative. But don't start crying about the negative reactions you'll get when you go about disrespecting the guy.
    01-31-12 11:49 AM
    If "respect is earned, not given", does that mean you treat everyone disrespectfully until they've earned the right not to be?

I prefer to treat everyone respectfully to begin with but some can lose my respect through their actions.
    01-31-12 12:03 PM
    If "respect is earned, not given", does that mean you treat everyone disrespectfully until they've earned the right not to be?

I prefer to treat everyone respectfully to begin with but some can lose my respect through their actions.
    When I meet someone, I treat them with common courtesy and decency. I don't instantly give someone whom I hardly know, my instant respect. To me, there is a difference.
    01-31-12 12:15 PM
    Sorry, couldn't resist ... where do I send my 20 points ?
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBksHaTQCbU[/YT]
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-31-12 at 12:18 PM.
    01-31-12 12:16 PM
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAg1r6zw7Bg[/YT]
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-31-12 02:50 PM
    I'd hardly call the new CEO appointment a "shack-up," but the jury is still out on that.

I do feel there is a bit of irrational exuberance surrounding him. We'll see.

In teh mean time, they're still dead in the water until at least the end of 2012, which was the bigger issue they needed to tackle as a company. Bigger than who was CEO or Board Chairman, IMO.
    01-31-12 04:00 PM
    I'd hardly call the new CEO appointment a "shack-up," but the jury is still out on that.

I do feel there is a bit of irrational exuberance surrounding him. We'll see.

In teh mean time, they're still dead in the water until at least the end of 2012, which was the bigger issue they needed to tackle as a company. Bigger than who was CEO or Board Chairman, IMO.
    You can call it irrational if you want, but yeah, we're exuberant. I don't know what kind of relationship Kevin had with the previous RIM executive leadership, but we never heard a peep out of 'em here and can only assume they considered this community irrelevant. When one of the first orders of business of the new CEO is to reach out to us, we find it something to be excited about. Most of us, anyway. If somebody needs it to be explained to them, it's not worth explaining ... they'll never get it.

And I'd argue that RIM is not dead in the water until late 2012. They've got new developments coming out starting next month that have the potential to turn some heads and change some opinions. Whether they will or not remains to be seen, but dead in the water just doesn't quite fit.
    01-31-12 05:37 PM
    Ya guys! Stop showing your enthusiasm for a product and company on a website devoted to said product and company!
    Jeeze, what were you all thinking?!?
    maddie1128 likes this.
    01-31-12 05:39 PM
    The love this dude is getting on this site is on the verge of being creepy, since he has yet to prove he will improve anything. Releasing 2.0 without hesitation would have been a start but he has not even done that much.
    Rooster99 likes this.
    01-31-12 05:51 PM
    The love this dude is getting on this site is on the verge of being creepy, since he has yet to prove he will improve anything. Releasing 2.0 without hesitation would have been a start but he has not even done that much.
    They say love is blind. I hope that doesn't apply to the love of Blackberry found here.

- R.
    01-31-12 06:38 PM
    I hear he's got a nice set. This thread has too much potential for comedy to waste it on serious argument

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk
    Last edited by omniusovermind; 01-31-12 at 06:43 PM.
    01-31-12 06:40 PM
    Check out this as a solid question for Thorstein - it's about carrier influence on updates. And kudos to Darleten for his obervation :

"That's the type of question that should have been asked of the new CEO. Very valid question and commentary on the BB OS." (post #3)

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...=1#post7082012

- R.
    01-31-12 06:49 PM
240 ... 678910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD