Wow, do you really think Kevin intends to beat the OP with an old BlackBerry? Seriously, you actually think that?
    I lived in the USA long enough to be able to read between the lines!
    01-30-12 10:52 PM
    I mean c'mon did you read the title of the thread? It is pure flame fuel. You must be new. I'm done, I tried. Enjoy beating your dead horse.
    01-30-12 10:53 PM
    And by your reactions, not long enough. You have a lot to learn. Have a good night or day. Whateva
    01-30-12 10:56 PM
    Ok I get that you agree with the OP general subject, fine, but you got to see the "spit in your face" part just look at the title of the thread. Telling Kevin to stop hugging someones nuts and to get off his nuts is a blatant insult. If your tring to stress a point their is much better ways of doing it.
    01-30-12 11:22 PM
    Damn ran out of popcorn
    *Pops 25lb bag of Kettle Korn.
    01-30-12 11:23 PM
    i want to see what happens in the next 6 months ... nothing is going to happen in the next 100 days
    01-30-12 11:24 PM
    Ok I get that you agree with the OP general subject, fine, but you got to see the "spit in your face" part just look at the title of the thread. Telling Kevin to stop hugging someones nuts and to get off his nuts is a blatant insult. If your tring to stress a point their is much better ways of doing it.

Ok, I agree in the world of political correctness it was a bit raw!

That is why I tried to rephrase it without compromise and I got a bunch of stick and no reply from the man who stated that he was going to reply to all.

Also for the record I have just been sent an infraction what a joke!
    01-30-12 11:30 PM
    Love the passion... BlackBerry has some great Fans! Keep it up #TeamBlackBerry.
    01-31-12 04:34 AM
    Well, what started out as a potentially contentious thread quickly turned into a hilarious thread that spawned two more threads of similar wit, only to be derailed and turned into $hit at one fell swoop. WTF happened?
    01-31-12 04:38 AM
    In the United Kingdom, contributions made to the Internet are covered by the Communications Act 2003. Sending messages which are "grossly offensive or of an indecent, obscene or menacing character" is a offense whether they are received by the intended recipient or not. As of September 2011, two persons have been imprisoned in the UK for trolling.
    Also
    Libel refers to any other form of communication such as written words or images. Most jurisdictions allow legal actions, civil and/or criminal, to deter various kinds of defamation and retaliate against groundless criticism.
    So I if this moderator wishes to to try to push me around I will issue a libel suit very quickly indeed.
    Because under the laws of my country that written statement from Crackberry called an infraction is calling me a criminal which I am not so therefore I consider it libilous and I have a right to defend myself which I will!

All because I spoke my point of veiw on a phone forum lol
    1/ What you have signed by becoming a member :
    Forum Rules

Registration to the Crackberry.com forum is free. Crackberry.com expects that forum posters abide by the rules and policies detailed herein.

Although the administrators and moderators of Crackberry.com’s forums attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and the owners of Crackberry.com will not be held responsible for the content of any message.

CrackBerry.com reserves the right to ban, suspend or delete the accounts of any members if deemed necessary due to member conduct without warning.

2/ have a beer, a tea, a glass of water or whatever can make you grow a bit feel better.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-31-12 at 05:24 AM.
    01-31-12 05:15 AM

Fine,if this is Kevin's Site, he can say what he wants to his flock but I am not one of them.
    Then delete your account and move along.

Its a good thing I am currently 40 infraction points in the hole right now or else you'd get an earful right now.
    01-31-12 06:35 AM
    In the United Kingdom, contributions made to the Internet are covered by the Communications Act 2003.
    Which has nothing to do with the US or Canada.

So I if this moderator wishes to to try to push me around I will issue a libel suit very quickly indeed.
    OH NOES!! Sum Guy on teh interwebz insult3d me!

Because under the laws of my country that written statement from Crackberry called an infraction is calling me a criminal which I am not so therefore I consider it libilous and I have a right to defend myself which I will!

All because I spoke my point of veiw on a phone forum lol
    Seriously - most ridiculous thing I have read this year. Move along troll.
    01-31-12 06:38 AM
    Obviously the thread has a strong nut attraction.

:::: tries to steer things back on topic ::::
    01-31-12 06:41 AM
    I lived in the USA long enough to be able to read between the lines!
    You know Kevin is Canadian, right? Lives in Canada? Not the US? You're reading between the wrong lines...

Did Matrix Leader send you? No, really. Did he?

There's a difference between offering a constructive dissenting opinion and trolling. If you have a constructive dissenting opinion, you are welcome here. Present it in a constructive manner and be prepared to defend it with facts or reasons. You can't strut in here and start tossing personal insults at the founder without expecting some kind of backlash. This is a BlackBerry enthusiast site. The vast majority of the people who post here (including, and especially,Kevin) support RIM and want them to improve their current market position. We are excited that a major change has happened; one that even we loyal BlackBerry fans have begrudgingly admitted was necessary. We are hopeful. We are currently in a very positive place, looking forward to change that will hopefully improve our favored mobile device.

What kind of reception would you give me if I, a total stranger, walked into your house unbidden and began insulting your excitement about your new furniture, landscaping, renovations, etc? "You should be more aggressive with the contractor, you wuss! Stop sucking up to him! He should have had this house completely refurbished before you even hired him! Why are you so excited about a work in progress? You just hired him, you should have started by kicking him in the junk and rubbing some rotted drywall in his face!" How much do you think your contractor would care about your opinion if you greeted him thusly? Do you think that's a good way to do business? Good luck with that.

If you have something constructive to say, say it. Frame it intelligently, back it up with supporting facts or reasons. Prepare to defend it. Grow some thicker skin. There are a lot of people here who disagree with Kevin, or each other, or RIM, or whatever, and they manage to hold adult discussions and debates without pelting each other with rocks and garbage. You should try it some time.
    01-31-12 06:47 AM
    Hi white9900. All I have to say is that best response from Kevin to you is to ignore your junky remarks. As I will be doing.
    01-31-12 06:57 AM
    Obviously the thread has a strong nut attraction.

:::: tries to steer things back on topic ::::
    So me flaming someone early on the thread would result in roasted nuts?
    01-31-12 07:04 AM
    As I thought we were all doing.
    That poster's steaming pile of dung should be left alone...thought we were doing that throughout the night...
    01-31-12 07:05 AM
    Here ya go White, just for you!

Crack Your Nuts - Rotten Nuts
    01-31-12 07:08 AM
    As I thought we were all doing.
    That poster's steaming pile of dung should be left alone...thought we were doing that throughout the night...
    Some of us were resting and refueling our flamethrowers. Mine was getting dusty; it feels good to spread some warmth again.
    01-31-12 07:12 AM
    Yup I restocked my Troll Treats and got a good rest. Dude is probably preparing documents for the king of his village to sign. Soon Kevins ahh, head will be on his lodge pole and he will be vindicated!
    01-31-12 07:26 AM
    This thread has really come fool circle.
    rrrebo and Superfly_FR like this.
    01-31-12 07:53 AM
    And I think a lot of people on here have lost sight of what it means to be a customer - the one who gives RIM the money it needs to operate.

He owes it to us to reach out, given we're his last gasp of buyers.

And to spell it out - Hire someone to do it, give them the authority to get answers from or escalate issues to senior people, and have them give him a weekly status report (which might take 10 min maximum). Ask Kevin to give them a dedicated sub-forum to post those status reports so members can comment. And yes, scan those comments once a week or so personally.

The NFL Commissioner sits in the cheap seats once in a while and chats with the fans in those seats. Why can't the CEO of RIM?

- R.
    He did already reach out. I assume he meant it. He's been there less than a week. I doubt anyone here has lost sight of what it means to be a customer but most do not think it entitles them to be rude and disrespectful. If people are unhappy about being a customer of RIM, they can always write to them directly and make their feelings known (seems to make more sense than asking them to read the troll rants and passive-aggressive posts behind anonymity in an online forum). Or they can vote with their feet and just don't buy any more of their products.
    Point is you get a better response by being respectful and perhaps with a bit more patience and a bit less of the "entitlement."
    lotuslanderz and maddie1128 like this.
    01-31-12 07:59 AM
    Change takes time, people, and there's a lot already in the pipeline that Thor cannot alter due to financial and logistical impracticality. He's a CEO, not a frakking magician. Large ships do not readily change course; they take awhile and cover a fair distance in the process. 2012-2013 will make or break RIM as a company, at the very least in the consumer market. Thor's got his work cut out for him, and we're interested in learning about him and his plans for RIM, and it wouldn't do to get all up in his business before he's even had a chance to decorate his office.

Patience, young Sidewalker.
    Some seem to think he can just swipe and presto! He's righted everything.
    maddie1128 likes this.
    01-31-12 08:12 AM
    I get the feeling that this thread would have been shut down long ago if not for Kevin posting in it.

Thanks for allowing a thread to stay open where trolls can be roasted. It's good for morale.

As for Kevin's interview, I think he handled it very professionally. There is a time and place for asking the CEO the hard questions. His first week on the job is not that place or time.
    01-31-12 08:52 AM
    Ultimately, the only body he needs to answer to are his customers.

In terms of his earning my respect - and yes, I said earning - let's see some action.

- R.
    Dead frakking wrong. As CEO, his responsibility is to the board and his shareholders. He has (or is supposed to have) marketing execs to keep a thumb on the pulse of consumers. The fact that Mr. Heins has taken it upon himself to reach out to this community goes above and beyond and shows a personal interest that's pretty unique to that position for a company as large as RIM. Do you think Jobs ever took that kind of personal interest in his customers? Gates? Ballmer? Elop? Hurd? Apotheker? Palmisano? Ryan? Zuckerberg?!!? Please, you're thinking just a bit much of yourself here. Who are you that any CEO needs to do anything to gain your respect? You buy their products or you don't, and that's the extent of that relationship.
    jivegirl14 likes this.
    01-31-12 08:56 AM
240 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD