I guess if it's all about that then... Just find it rude. Maybe that's the way CrackBerry is going anyway. :/
    01-30-12 06:18 AM
    Change takes time, people, and there's a lot already in the pipeline that Thor cannot alter due to financial and logistical impracticality. He's a CEO, not a frakking magician. Large ships do not readily change course; they take awhile and cover a fair distance in the process. 2012-2013 will make or break RIM as a company, at the very least in the consumer market. Thor's got his work cut out for him, and we're interested in learning about him and his plans for RIM, and it wouldn't do to get all up in his business before he's even had a chance to decorate his office.

Patience, young Sidewalker.
    jivegirl14 likes this.
    01-30-12 06:21 AM
    I'm just happy the new guy is enthusiastic and accessible. He seems aware and reaching out to Kevin was a good move on his part.
    rrrebo likes this.
    01-30-12 06:24 AM
    I guess if it's all about that then... Just find it rude. Maybe that's the way CrackBerry is going anyway. :/
    It's not "all about that", Chrisy, but you've been a mod. How many trolling threads have you ever seen with intelligent, eloquent, and innocuous thread titles? You can't start a fire with warm milk...
    01-30-12 06:25 AM
    Maybe, maybe not; what I find offensive is that sub-forum down below where pervs of all stripes and colors are beckoning one to join this or that pin-sharing club for deviants and twisted minds; but this is not my forum, so I just don't worry about it. The OP's thread title is downright sophomoric compared to the sub-forum mentioned, and has elicited some very good reponses so far.
    Last edited by alnamvet68; 01-30-12 at 07:40 AM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-30-12 06:27 AM
    Maybe, maybe not; what I find offensive is that sub-forum down below where pervs of all stripes and colors are beckoning one to join this or that pin-sharing club for deviants and twisted minds; but this is not my forum, so I just don't worry about it. The OP's thread title is downright sophomoric compared to the sub-forum mentioned, and has ilicited some very good reponses so far.
    Hopefully, you meant "elicited" instead. Nice Freudian slip.
    01-30-12 06:32 AM
    Maybe, maybe not; what I find offensive is that sub-forum down below where pervs of all stripes and colors are beckoning one to join this or that pin-sharing club for deviants and twisted minds; but this is not my forum, so I just don't worry about it. The OP's thread title is downright sophomoric compared to the sub-forum mentioned, and has ilicited some very good reponses so far.
    If you read CB using the full desktop version and clicking the "Today's BB Posts" button, the PIN sharing threads are excluded from the search algorithm. Enjoy!

But let's stay on topic, shall we? Back to Thor's nuts...
    01-30-12 06:33 AM
    Yeah, I agree with that too. But at least we can choose to not include the social forum in the new posts search. Anyway, whatever.
    01-30-12 06:33 AM
    At least you said it decently.
    Filters, dear. Filters.
    01-30-12 06:42 AM
    Agreed. I think it showed a willingness to hear from the community about what can/could be done better. I would actually liked to have seen him start his own thread, and reach out that way, rather than just thru Kevin. At least then people would be able to feel like they're speaking to him direct, rather than just "he's listening".

The nice thing with Crackberry and feedback, is people can hide behind their keyboard and truly voice their opinion. I don't know how many "company meetings" i've been to, where the head office is seeking honest feedback, but no one will criticize for fear of reprimand. I would say it's imperitive to listen to the "haters" so to speak, even moreso than fanboys..because there are lots of users of this site, that have moved on to other platforms for specific things BB's didn't offer. It's these users RIM needs to try to woo back.
    Good call. I can't see why they don't make him directly accountable to the trooling public here on CB.

Yes trooling.

yes, Sarcasim..
    Last edited by Dapper37; 01-30-12 at 07:14 AM.
    01-30-12 06:56 AM
    + Thanks KM, for that bit of wind in the old trool fighting sails.
    01-30-12 07:16 AM
    Hopefully, you meant "elicited" instead. Nice Freudian slip.
    I did...it's my spill czech that'z on der blink again.
    01-30-12 07:43 AM
    Oy! Of all the things to get teste about, this thread title should run near bottom of the list.

On the other hand.....

Heins does have a lot of work ahead of him. Any hugging would only slow him down. Some forms more than others.
    rrrebo likes this.
    01-30-12 07:50 AM
    BUT a small change to the title is no big deal either so I made it. So the thread is a BIT less nutty.

Also several posts were deleted.
    01-30-12 08:46 AM
    I would say the new CEO reaching out directly to CrackBerry is news that all members want to see. Personally I hope this is the first in a long line of interviews to show the community that they are engaged and doing what is necessary to move forward.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    01-30-12 08:50 AM
    Right - because the CEO of a multi-million dollar international company has time to peruse this site and sift through the piles of troll garbage to find insightful feedback.
    Some people simply have no sense of etiquette, and even less respect. The significance of the Chief Executive Officer of RIM actually reaching out seems to be completely lost on some people. Instead these people recommend immediately challenging him and asking him to "sift through the forums" to read all the rude and disrespectful troll rubbish written by those who for some reason think they could do a better job themselves.
    rrrebo and maddie1128 like this.
    01-30-12 08:52 AM
    Some people simply have no sense of etiquette, and even less respect. The significance of the Chief Executive Officer of RIM actually reaching out seems to be completely lost on some people. Instead these people recommend immediately challenging him and asking him to "sift through the forums" to read all the rude and disrespectful troll rubbish written by those who for some reason think they could do a better job themselves.
    Trolls aren't exactly known for their etiquette.
    maddie1128 likes this.
    01-30-12 08:54 AM
    BUT a small change to the title is no big deal either so I made it. So the thread is a BIT less nutty.

Also several posts were deleted.
    Hmm... bad modding on this thread title. Now that you cleaned it up so much (especially the thread title and OP's post), it seems like my reply is wayyy harsh. Kinda ruins the thread the way you cleaned it up. I'll let it slide... but giving you 20 modding infraction points!
    kbz1960 and BigBadWulf like this.
    01-30-12 09:16 AM
    Good call. I can't see why they don't make him directly accountable to the trooling public here on CB.

Yes trooling.

yes, Sarcasim..
    I would hope that the CEO would be able to handle some "trooling" over the interwebz. Although in your world perhaps we should just keep him out of touch with any negativity, and instead only sweeten his ears with praise. He ll..if Alex Saunders can handle face to face trolling in "interviews" I would hope this guy could as well..
    Rooster99 likes this.
    01-30-12 09:24 AM
    Hmm... bad modding on this thread title. Now that you cleaned it up so much (especially the thread title and OP's post), it seems like my reply is wayyy harsh. Kinda ruins the thread the way you cleaned it up. I'll let it slide... but giving you 20 modding infraction points!
    ::::sniffles::::: Ok boss, sowwy! I was responding to a report, and I only cleaned up the WORST posts.
    01-30-12 09:37 AM
    I would hope that the CEO would be able to handle some "trooling" over the interwebz. Although in your world perhaps we should just keep him out of touch with any negativity, and instead only sweeten his ears with praise. He ll..if Alex Saunders can handle face to face trolling in "interviews" I would hope this guy could as well..
    The first phone call, an interview and promis to keep in touch, by the CEO. All in the same first week. Thats enough for me for now. The guys got a job to do.
    Of course theres others that believe he sould be here 24/7 to wipe their nose.
    You always have strong points but business Savy, i'm not so sure I'll take your word for it.
    01-30-12 09:44 AM
    He absolutely should hear the negative as well as the positive, as long as it's presented in a constructive and respectful way. He is not just some guy you're having a beer with at a strip joint, he's the CEO of a rather large and significant corporation, a job he didn't just fall into by spending his days lurking web forums. There's only one body he needs to answer to, and that's the board of directors. The rest of us need to show the man the respect he deserves.
    01-30-12 10:14 AM
    Seriously every other other article on crackberry is something about this guy, get off him, honestly the guy hasn't done anything as of yet for the blackberry brand
    OWNED! You WILL have to excuse me but I gotta laugh at all this.... hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha OMG! This thread made my morning(noon?)!

(I seriously LOL-ed! hahahahah) Oh God...
    01-30-12 10:22 AM
    Ok since Kevin seemed to prefer the original title, I have changed it again. Hopefully it's less offensive to those complaining, BUT still agreeable to those you liked the original title.
    01-30-12 10:30 AM
    I like the original title...."JUNK" is offensive; When Gen Patton received notice from the Nazis to surrender, he didn't say "JUNK", he said NUTs.
    01-30-12 10:43 AM
240 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD