Seriously every other other article on crackberry is something about this guy, get off his nuts, honestly the guy hasn't done anything as of yet for the blackberry brand
    Last edited by pkcable; 01-30-12 at 10:26 AM. Reason: changed back
    straycat5.56, Azeron and Fatboy40 like this.
    01-29-12 07:39 AM
    Seriously. Grow up.

You obviously don't get it. Week one.... EXCITEMENT and ENERGY. After years of needing a shake up, this is exciting for the BlackBerry community. Heck, it's even exciting for employees at RIM who we need to be excited if we want to see BlackBerry kick some a$$. And we had an interview this week with the new CEO so are posting articles from it. I've been waiting for an interview with a RIM CEO for FIVE years. You want me to do an interview and not do any posts? I don't wake up in the morning thinking... hmm.. better not write anything for the site today. We cover everything as it happens. Week 1 of a new CEO after 27 years with the same management. Of course that's news and of course were going to cover the heck out of it. That's what we do on CrackBerry. We only cover one topic. BlackBerry. What other "tech" sites do in one or two posts on BlackBerry, we go granular and in depth and do wayyy more. We're CRACKBERRY. We're not "kinda talk about BlackBerry". And do you think we're going to only blog about Thorsten from now on and not cover any other posts on the site? Of course not. The posts always keep coming from every angle. A bump up in one topic is always temporary.

Week 2 and beyond.. I suspect the new CEO news and excitement will quickly subside so then it won't be all over the homepage as it sort of is at the moment. I'm excited for the following weeks and months ahead... have a ton of editorials and articles planned with GOOD ideas for this NEW RIM. I think you'll like those articles. You're saying he hasn't done anything for the brand yet. True. But this is a guy who does have a mandate for change and will take advice from others. We as CrackBerry Nation are going to throw our ideas out there straight up. There's change happening here for real. Not an easy road ahead for RIM and they'll have lots of challenges, but I'm definitely feeling the excitement again and want the community to feel it too. Coverage of this change on the site is good.

But seriously. Scroll down if you don't like an article. Making a post like this makes me want to beat you with my old BlackBerry 7290. Or maybe my old 8700. I did get hit in the head with that thing once and it hurt like HE LL. Don't be a BBHater. Be a BBPlayer.
    01-29-12 07:55 AM
    Let's look at this at another angle shall we ? RIM has a new CEO for the first time = new RIM = HUGE new to the Crack Berry nation.
    Thing will die down in the second, third week and if you don't like it, be my guest and look at another post. Don't post stuff like this, it eating into Kevin's wallet*cough*
    01-29-12 08:01 AM
    Ok I will stop hugging them nuts yo for realz thanks for the tip
    Lead_Express likes this.
    01-29-12 08:12 AM
    Wow, this troll got even Kevin mad....
    01-29-12 08:39 AM
    I do love the analogy, though.LMAO
    01-29-12 08:43 AM
    Seriously every other other article on crackberry is something about this guy, get off his nuts honestly the guy hasn't done anything as of yet for the blackberry brand
    Some people are happiest being unhappy. Hasn't done anything yet? You don't correct every negative action that has occurred over the past 18-36 months is less than 200 hours.

The guy has done A LOT in the past week. He was a headline on Bloomberg yesterday (a Saturday mind you) and has been quite the PR man for the company. I've seen more written, more interviews about this gentleman in the past week than I have of the past CEO's in over 6 months. Also, given his position and nationality, it is very refreshing to see him out in the spotlight, leading. He is not about self promotion at all from where I'm sitting. He is promoting his company and telling people he is going to make a difference. Will he? Time will tell. Is there a lot to correct? Absolutely. Is he addressing them in public? Yes. Does he have a plan? From what I see and hear, yes.

He has reached out to the media, has been available to them and as important, reached out to Kevin so he can touch the core base for feedback, for ideas and to give a message.

Will RIM succeed? There is no guarantee; that would be irresponsible for him to promise; kind of on par with this post you started. However, I do remember a rather old story where the naysayers, out of ignorance, crucified a guy who had a good message.
    Last edited by buckeyeinhooville; 01-29-12 at 11:44 AM.
    nuangel2 likes this.
    01-29-12 08:45 AM
    Wow, this troll got even Kevin mad....
    Wouldn't say the Troll got me mad, more like Continental airlines. Got up at 5:30am to drive Miss CrackBerry to the airport (she's off to Vegas for a week for a tradeshow for her job). They oversold the flight and she didn't get on. Sooo mad. So we both came home ticked, off, I saw this thread... and yeah... I guess I saw the thread title, read the post, and yeah... responded.

Though really, I had a ton of fun on the Engadget Mobile podcast on Friday playing the role of "BlackBerry Defender". The more I think on it and hear others arguments against RIM, the more I'm getting excited (again) that RIM can pull off a pretty stellar comeback (talking US market - I get they are still strong in a lot of other markets) if they get everything aligned right and execute.

I think my new mission for the forums here will be to respond to every troll comment. A week of doing that and the trolls will realize they might as well not even bother trolling to begin with. Good idea?
    01-29-12 08:46 AM
    Some people are happiest being unhappy. Hasn't done anything yet? You don't correct every negative action that has occurred over the past 18-36 months is less than 200 hours.

The guy has done A LOT in the past week. He was a headline on Bloomberg yesterday (a Saturday mind you) and has been quite the PR man for the company. I've seen more written, more interviews about this gentleman in the past week than I have of the past CEO's in over 6 months. Also, given his position and nationality, it is very refreshing to see him out in the spotlight, leading. He is not about self promotion at all from where I'm sitting. He is promoting his company and telling people he is going to make a difference. Will he? Time will tell. Is there a lot to correct? Absolutely. Is he addressing them in public? Yes. Does he have a plan? From what I see and hear, yes.

He has reached out to the media, has been available to them and as important, reached to Kevin so he can touch the core base for feedback, for ideas and to give a message.

Will RIM succeed? There is no guarantee; that would be irresponsible to do; kind of on par with this post you started. However, I do remember a story, that is rather old, where the naysayers crucified a guy out of ignorance.
    I LOVE YOUR AVATAR! It makes my Irish eyes smile.
    buckeyeind likes this.
    01-29-12 08:47 AM
    The OP troll on the wrong day. Go get 'em Kevin
    01-29-12 08:49 AM

I think my new mission for the forums here will be to respond to every troll comment. A week of doing that and the trolls will realize they might as well not even bother trolling to begin with. Good idea?
    PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! The last time you got involved you got the trolls on the run...
    FMB8900 and maddie1128 like this.
    01-29-12 08:51 AM
    hey that sounds like a great app
    forget Plants vs Zombies the hottest app is now Kevin vs trolls
    think about it you have little Angry Androids,Apples and Windows
    coming at you in the game.
    01-29-12 08:53 AM
    Wouldn't say the Troll got me mad, more like Continental airlines. Got up at 5:30am to drive Miss CrackBerry to the airport (she's off to Vegas for a week for a tradeshow for her job). They oversold the flight and she didn't get on. Sooo mad. So we both came home ticked, off, I saw this thread... and yeah... I guess I saw the thread title, read the post, and yeah... responded.

Though really, I had a ton of fun on the Engadget Mobile podcast on Friday playing the role of "BlackBerry Defender". The more I think on it and hear others arguments against RIM, the more I'm getting excited (again) that RIM can pull off a pretty stellar comeback (talking US market - I get they are still strong in a lot of other markets) if they get everything aligned right and execute.

I'd be grumpy too if I was anticipating 7 days of freedom and realised that its been cut down by a day or two due to the airlines being themselves. .

Seriously though, being a BB fan in India is easier. Just yesterday I was out with friends and respective lesser halves , and there were eight people on the table with eight Blackberys amongst us. BB has a strong market presence here although the media bashing articles from US creep up here. But BB will be strong for a few more months while BB10 comes out and if it is what it promises to be, I don't see Indians moving away from BB any time soon.

By the way great interview with Thorstein Heins. Seems like a positive guy.
    01-29-12 09:06 AM

Bad mood or not, this kind of thing needs to be addressed. Energy feeds off energy; unfortunately that applies equally to negative energy as it does to the positive. Thorsten has reached out to us, the largest organized user base of his company's products. That in itself is a huge step, considering most of us had felt we were barely a blip on their radar screen. He is obviously energized; and if he can somehow relate our enthusiasm and support to the rest of the company, only good things can happen. Pissing on it, on the other hand ... not so much.

So thanks brother, and it's good to see you make an appearance 'round these parts every once in awhile.
    purijagmohan and Dapper37 like this.
    01-29-12 09:14 AM
    LOL, stay down MadMax. Kevin M. has applied the sledgehammer, "Bavarian-style", to your nuts. Another post like that and things might get downright medieval on this thread.
    01-29-12 09:43 AM
    I think it was a super-cool move to reach-out to BB fans ASAP
    modine likes this.
    01-29-12 09:47 AM
    Since when has there been bigger news for the CrackBerry nation than when the CEO of Research In freakin' Motion actually took the time out of his busy day to reach out to us? It's honoring to say the least and I, for one, am completely grateful for CBs coverage. Thanks CrackBerry!
    kbz1960, axllebeer and steve911 like this.
    01-29-12 10:21 AM
    I think it was a super-cool move to reach-out to BB fans ASAP
    Agreed. I think it showed a willingness to hear from the community about what can/could be done better. I would actually liked to have seen him start his own thread, and reach out that way, rather than just thru Kevin. At least then people would be able to feel like they're speaking to him direct, rather than just "he's listening".

The nice thing with Crackberry and feedback, is people can hide behind their keyboard and truly voice their opinion. I don't know how many "company meetings" i've been to, where the head office is seeking honest feedback, but no one will criticize for fear of reprimand. I would say it's imperitive to listen to the "haters" so to speak, even moreso than fanboys..because there are lots of users of this site, that have moved on to other platforms for specific things BB's didn't offer. It's these users RIM needs to try to woo back.
    01-29-12 10:36 AM
    Kevin, if you are declaring open season on trolls, I'm in. Lock and load, people!
    Siiid likes this.
    01-29-12 10:49 AM
    BTW OP, if you're going to bash the new CEO, at least spell his name right.

on a positive note: at least noone is agreeing with him...
    01-29-12 10:51 AM
    *queues up music from "the Magnificent 7", "The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly", and, what the heck, "Inglorious Basterds."*
    01-29-12 10:55 AM
    Wow, we have some positive energy and people have the temerity to attack us for it?

Enough of the fortress mentality, folks. we've had a defensive position for far too long. The trolls have said Sooo many times that leadership needs to change.

Guess what?

It happened.

And now it is time to take the battle to a new level.

Wars are won on the battlefield, not in the forts.
    john_v likes this.
    01-29-12 10:59 AM
    You no sh*ts going down when cb kevin has to address a poster lol
    01-29-12 11:00 AM
    BTW OP, if you're going to bash the new CEO, at least spell his name right.

on a positive note: at least noone is agreeing with him...
    LOL!!!!! They haven't got the ba....er....equipment. They know Kevin and the mods are watching.
    01-29-12 11:20 AM
    LOL!!!!! They haven't got the ba....er....equipment. They know Kevin and the mods are watching.
    I see that you got that Skyrocket. Let me know how it works for you. I'm still leaning towards the Vivid.
    01-29-12 11:28 AM
240 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD