WE ARE IN A WORLD THAT CAN CHANGE OVER NIGHT....WE HAVE SEEN THIS OVERSEAS, WHERE A FACEBOOK PAGE CAN CONQUER A GOVERNMENT AND BRING A CHANGE....WHY CAN'T WE DO THIS HERE IN THE U.S WITH THESE DAM CARRIERS??? THERE SHOULD BE NO CONTRACTS, WE SHOULD HAVE UNLIMITED INTERNET LIKE WE GET WITH WIFI, THERE SHOULD NEVER BE $1000 DEPOSIT (THAT'S A DAM MORTGAGE PAYMENT) AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST EVERY CARRIER SHOULD HAVE EVERY PHONE. BLACKBERRY TOOK A HIT WHEN ATT DID NOT HAVE THE NEW BOLD 9900. I HAVE SEEN PEOPLE SWITCH BECAUSE ATT DID NOT HAVE THE NEW BLACKBERRY. SPRINT PAID FOR EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS, YES BLACKBERRY MADE EXTRA MONEY BUT 5 YEARS FROM NOW BLACKBERRY WILL HAVE NO SUBSCRIBERS BECAUSE CUSTOMERS ARE TIRED OF THESE CARRIER GAMES...BASICALLY A PHONE COMPANY MIGHT MAKE A FEW $$$ BUT THEY END UP WITH UPSET CUSTOMERS BECAUSE THEY CAN'T GET THE PHONE THEY WANT....AND NOW THE LATEST IS THIS CARRIER IQ, WELL I'M FED UP, TIRED AND WOULD LOVE FOR ALLLLLLLL OF US TO WORK TOGETHER SINCE WE ARE THE CUSTOMERS AND WE CAN MAKE A CHANGE. THERE SHOULD BE NO WAY IF I'M IN A CONTRACT THAT YOU SHOULD HAVE ACCESS WITHOUT MY PERMISSION, CARRIER IQ IS NOT IN ANY CONTRACT. IF CARRIER IQ CLAIM THEY R DOING NOTHING WRONG, THEN WHY BE SO SECRET AND NOT GIVE US A HEADS UP....SHADY AND SNEEKY I CALL IT....I PAY FOR MY PHONE AND WHAT I DO ON MY PHONE....NO ONE AND I MEAN NO ONE SHOULD HAVE ACCESS TO IT WITH OUT MY PERMISSION....OUR PHONES R DIGITAL WALLETS....
    Last edited by Jonathank; 12-04-11 at 06:53 PM.
    12-04-11 06:36 PM
    Ok... sooo... what do you propose doing exactly?
    Barljo and kbz1960 like this.
    12-04-11 06:43 PM
    yeaaaaaaa what dDODOOO you plan on doing...??? ( evil laugh)))
    12-04-11 06:49 PM
    First, we need to know if it's there and, if so, where on each device. For example, I use a 9650 on Sprint. Sprint uses Carrier IQ, but it's not clear to what extent and on which platform(s) and device(s). If Sprint's implementation of Carrier IQ on a BlackBerry is like T-Mobile's BlackBerry version, spyware built into an app, it's already gone from my device, because I don't install and/or use any of that carrier pushed crapware. But yes, I think as far as smartphone users in the aggregate are concerned, no one sane wants that kind of stuff on his phone.
    12-04-11 06:52 PM
    yeaaaaaaa what dDODOOO you plan on doing...??? ( evil laugh)))
    12-04-11 06:55 PM
    i think we need a facebook page or something and have people like it and then go from there lol whos with me??
    12-04-11 07:14 PM
    WE ARE IN A WORLD THAT CAN CHANGE OVER NIGHT....WE HAVE SEEN THIS OVERSEAS, WHERE A FACEBOOK PAGE CAN CONQUER A GOVERNMENT AND BRING A CHANGE....WHY CAN'T WE DO THIS HERE IN THE U.S WITH THESE DAM CARRIERS??? THERE SHOULD BE NO CONTRACTS, WE SHOULD HAVE UNLIMITED INTERNET LIKE WE GET WITH WIFI, THERE SHOULD NEVER BE $1000 DEPOSIT (THAT'S A DAM MORTGAGE PAYMENT) AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST EVERY CARRIER SHOULD HAVE EVERY PHONE. BLACKBERRY TOOK A HIT WHEN ATT DID NOT HAVE THE NEW BOLD 9900. I HAVE SEEN PEOPLE SWITCH BECAUSE ATT DID NOT HAVE THE NEW BLACKBERRY. SPRINT PAID FOR EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS, YES BLACKBERRY MADE EXTRA MONEY BUT 5 YEARS FROM NOW BLACKBERRY WILL HAVE NO SUBSCRIBERS BECAUSE CUSTOMERS ARE TIRED OF THESE CARRIER GAMES...BASICALLY A PHONE COMPANY MIGHT MAKE A FEW $$$ BUT THEY END UP WITH UPSET CUSTOMERS BECAUSE THEY CAN'T GET THE PHONE THEY WANT....AND NOW THE LATEST IS THIS CARRIER IQ, WELL I'M FED UP, TIRED AND WOULD LOVE FOR ALLLLLLLL OF US TO WORK TOGETHER SINCE WE ARE THE CUSTOMERS AND WE CAN MAKE A CHANGE. THERE SHOULD BE NO WAY IF I'M IN A CONTRACT THAT YOU SHOULD HAVE ACCESS WITHOUT MY PERMISSION, CARRIER IQ IS NOT IN ANY CONTRACT. IF CARRIER IQ CLAIM THEY R DOING NOTHING WRONG, THEN WHY BE SO SECRET AND NOT GIVE US A HEADS UP....SHADY AND SNEEKY I CALL IT....I PAY FOR MY PHONE AND WHAT I DO ON MY PHONE....NO ONE AND I MEAN NO ONE SHOULD HAVE ACCESS TO IT WITH OUT MY PERMISSION....OUR PHONES R DIGITAL WALLETS....

ummmm....Landline?????
    12-04-11 07:18 PM
    I think the government would be better to work on, it all starts there. But will never never never get enough here in the USA to do anything. Just doesn't happen.
    12-04-11 07:28 PM
    Coming from Canada, I'd say there's a few avenues to gain support on this (though I don't know how much of an issue it is here).

Appealing to OpenMedia.ca seems like a good choice, they're a group that has been advocating for freer communication systems in general (their latest move has been to shift the CRTC's decision on UBB). They've shared concern on online spying, so I think this wouldn't be too far of a stretch especially considering their general success in representation.

However politics is politics. Worth a shot, but really it depends on rallying support against the CRTC here and to an extent privacy commisioners & MP's. Guess we'll see but anything's possible.
    12-04-11 07:58 PM
    Facebook.com/stopciq

Something like that
    12-04-11 08:05 PM
    Facebook.com/stopciq

Something like that
    Off topic but your sig makes me want to copy and keep copying your posts. OK, like a little kid here sometimes LOL. I'm done.
    12-04-11 08:08 PM
    Hahahaha
    12-04-11 08:10 PM
    EYE STRAIN
    Bold text in CAPS lock is not pleasant for the eyes. As I said earlier today, with all of this publicity, CarrierIQ will be completely gone within the next month.
    Last edited by tmelon; 12-04-11 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Fixing
    12-04-11 08:29 PM
    so the answer to privacy concerns is... Facebook. :facepalm:
    tmelon, Jake2826, grahamf and 3 others like this.
    12-04-11 08:43 PM
    ummmm....Landline?????
    You know, that is getting to be more and more of a thought. If the carriers think they can continually cripple or mess with my device, why not?

At one time, I had nothing but a land line, and I was happy. Why do I have to be in touch 24/7?
    12-04-11 11:53 PM
    Ok... sooo... what do you propose doing exactly?
    after seeing a post all in caps, in bad grammar and just another random rant/rave post, im surprised you didnt lock it right from the start.

btw OP, tl;dr
    12-05-11 03:21 AM
    so the answer to privacy concerns is... Facebook. :facepalm:
    No but enough people banded together make a difference. When the banks were going to charge five dollars a month. Thousands of people based together on fb and made a difference. And guess what? The banks backed down.

Wow it shows more and more everyday.

Sent from my MD276LL using Tapatalk
    12-05-11 05:35 AM
    I think what would really screw the carriers over is if we all went over to (bite my tongue) Metro PCS...don't know if they use this carrier IQ
    12-05-11 10:22 AM
    That sound you hear is me finishing a milkshake.
    12-05-11 01:00 PM
    Well strong government legislation and regulation is one obvious solution, but American governments typically believe in little or no regulations. There is a case to be made out for both sides of the arguments. Too much regulation centres too much power in government types which lead to a whole new set of problems.

But you guys have another great tool to bring the carriers to heel. Your litigious nature. Why isn't there any talk of a class action lawsuit over CIQ's invasion of privacy. The lawsuit and eventual punishment would scare of any future attempts to invade privacy.
    12-05-11 01:43 PM
    No but enough people banded together make a difference. When the banks were going to charge five dollars a month. Thousands of people based together on fb and made a difference. And guess what? The banks backed down.

Wow it shows more and more everyday.

Sent from my MD276LL using Tapatalk
    I understand the objective, I just thought it was an ironic solution.
    12-05-11 01:45 PM
    Why isn't there any talk of a class action lawsuit over CIQ's invasion of privacy. The lawsuit and eventual punishment would scare of any future attempts to invade privacy.
    Apple, Motorola, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile latest to be sued over Carrier IQ tracking
    12-05-11 01:48 PM
    I read the complaint on the law firm's web site. It's interesting (and promising) to note that RIM is not a defendant. No matter what these spying carriers have done with this Carrier IQ wiretap law violating spyware, I'm hopeful that their BlackBerry implementation of Carrier IQ is less insidious than has become apparent on the other platforms.
    12-05-11 01:58 PM
    #carrierIQ
    #CIQ
    #stopCarrierIQ

Etc...
    12-05-11 01:59 PM
    There you go. The American System works. As long as the country has a redressal method, how they implement policy doesn't matter.
    12-05-11 02:16 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD