z10 is ready carriers are taking there sweet time testing the z10. blackberry is putting pressure on carriers to hurry up
    02-01-13 10:20 PM
    you are spot on, I just came across this article that backs that up: http://newyork.newsday.com/business/...cess-1.4545796
    02-01-13 10:24 PM
    Blackberry doesn't have the power to push the American carriers to do anything. Only one company can do that and even then they don't have complete control.
    02-01-13 10:25 PM
    there putting z10 through wind tunnels to test aerodynamics and testing them in the space station so when your in space you get good reception lol just kidding but I wouldent be suprised if this was tru
    02-01-13 10:35 PM
    Finger pointing won't change anything at this point. I suspect 3 weeks or less after Super Bowl one of the carriers will have them out and be the hero,lol.
    02-01-13 10:46 PM
    I am worried that all of the phones that were handed out at the launch in New York City may cause even more delay as they get an American carrier's sim card inserted and then turned on. This will cause major disasters to the networks of each carrier since each has not be tested. In other words, if they are safe to be handed out to people in NYC then they should be safe enough to be sold to us.
    02-01-13 11:03 PM
    i assume blackberry knows from previous experiences that american carriers take longer testing and i also assume the device was already in final form months ago so why didnt they give to the carriers earlier for testing. so ill blame blackberry and their "global launch"
    02-01-13 11:26 PM
    Whooah! I just got an e-mail from Verizon saying I can pre-order!
    02-01-13 11:28 PM
    Even knowing that U.S. carriers take longer to approve phones, BlackBerry failed to get the new model to American carriers sooner than its overseas partners.

Want to blame the carriers again?
    randall2580 likes this.
    02-01-13 11:28 PM

Made you look ;-)
    02-01-13 11:29 PM
    I'm going to go with:

whatever *yawn*

When all carriers in the US announce a release date that is the same day, we can keep dreaming that it was testing ....
    02-01-13 11:32 PM
    you assume way to much invalid post
    02-01-13 11:48 PM
    i assume blackberry knows from previous experiences that american carriers take longer testing and i also assume the device was already in final form months ago so why didnt they give to the carriers earlier for testing. so ill blame blackberry and their "global launch"
    you assume way too much invalid post
    02-01-13 11:49 PM
    Even knowing that U.S. carriers take longer to approve phones, BlackBerry failed to get the new model to American carriers sooner than its overseas partners.

Want to blame the carriers again?
    apple had this exact same problem if canadian and uk carriers can finish testing in time I blame the american carriers for not being effecient enough
    02-01-13 11:53 PM
    This isn't at all Blackberry... just a few months ago Microsoft had a big announcement day the same as blackberry and american carriers took a month to launch WP8.... Canada and the UK launched all WP8 devices before the states.
    jakie55 likes this.
    02-02-13 02:05 AM
    In the end I don't think it will matter who's "fault" it is. I just hope the delay doesn't result in a lot of sales being lost to other platforms
    02-02-13 06:56 AM
    apple had this exact same problem if canadian and uk carriers can finish testing in time I blame the american carriers for not being effecient enough
    When the gold candidate is ready, it is made ready for all carriers to test, only, some of them have different test sequences, and procedures. Having said that, Blackberry needs the support of all carriers, as they are the ones helping with distributing theses new phones, publicizing and all. Consequently, the last thing BB will do is to blame the carriers, even though they probably could.

Some will say that they could have made the gold candidate available sooner, knowing that it would take more time in the states, as it probably always does. This is where strategic decision are made, and if you have to decide between allowing a gold candidate still with many bugs to be tested too early, risks are way to high for a successful launch. Let's just hope that given the hype surrounding the launch of BB10, there will be some sort of race in between the US carriers, pressuring them to finish testing sooner than usual.
    02-02-13 07:05 AM
    i doubt that blackberry can actually deliver the device to the american carrier much earlier than other carriers around the world.
    remember that the launch date was pushed back to jan30? once the phone is ready for evaluation and testing, blackberry sent all the phones to the carriers for testing. and US carriers took much longer to approve it as compared to other carriers.
    if, and i say if, blackberry sent an unready phone to US carriers one month early, would you think that the phone will pass the testing? and i can't really imagine the backlash after..
    jfguay2 likes this.
    02-02-13 09:36 AM
    z10 is ready carriers are taking there sweet time testing the z10. blackberry is putting pressure on carriers to hurry up
    The problem with this argument is that most consumers, especially those Blackberry is really going after (people moving from another operating system), aren't going to care why the delay is occurring. They see other companies that build smartphones and/or mobile OS make an announcement about a new product, and that product is on the carriers' shelves within 1-2 weeks. Many of those people are going to be wondering why Blackberry is having delays when other companies did/have not.
    02-02-13 09:45 AM
    This isn't at all Blackberry... just a few months ago Microsoft had a big announcement day the same as blackberry and american carriers took a month to launch WP8.... Canada and the UK launched all WP8 devices before the states.
    My recollection is that Microsoft said WP8 devices would be released in late October and the first devices were released in late October or early November (I really don't remember but I know there wasn't much lag time).
    02-02-13 09:48 AM
    Wrong. Verizon employees have this phone, complete with retail packaging. I think BlackBerry has been ramping up and will wait until their is sufficient stock.
    02-02-13 09:54 AM
    BlackBerry had a choice, to wait until all carrier testing was completed, or go with what they had. They chose to go with what they had because waiting doesn't get the phones with higher ASP into the market and they had tremendous pressure on them to do so. Samsung did the same with the GS III (staggered launch) and no one really said much because Sammy made 8 billion dollars last quarter. Interesting though when they wanted to (the GNII) Sammy knew how to get it all done on one day. Will be interesting to see if the new BB can do that with the next gen.
    02-02-13 11:34 AM
    BlackBerry had a choice, to wait until all carrier testing was completed, or go with what they had. They chose to go with what they had because waiting doesn't get the phones with higher ASP into the market and they had tremendous pressure on them to do so. Samsung did the same with the GS III (staggered launch) and no one really said much because Sammy made 8 billion dollars last quarter. Interesting though when they wanted to (the GNII) Sammy knew how to get it all done on one day. Will be interesting to see if the new BB can do that with the next gen.
    I wonder if that is because there may not have been any physical differences in the stack and OS between the SIII and GN2?? The approval would be more of a rubber stamp type review of the specs to see that they are similar. Just wondering out loud....
    02-02-13 11:59 AM
    In the end I don't think it will matter who's "fault" it is. I just hope the delay doesn't result in a lot of sales being lost to other platforms
    The problem with this argument is that most consumers, especially those Blackberry is really going after (people moving from another operating system), aren't going to care why the delay is occurring. They see other companies that build smartphones and/or mobile OS make an announcement about a new product, and that product is on the carriers' shelves within 1-2 weeks. Many of those people are going to be wondering why Blackberry is having delays when other companies did/have not.
    When they stated that everyone will be able to get these phones in Q1 2103, is this really a "delay"? April 1st 2013 is a delay...............
    02-02-13 12:10 PM
    I wonder if that is because there may not have been any physical differences in the stack and OS between the SIII and GN2?? The approval would be more of a rubber stamp type review of the specs to see that they are similar. Just wondering out loud....
    The GSIII has the Snapdragon in the USA while all GNote2 have the Exynos processors. I think the Snapdragon has an integrated modem while the Exynos is separate. I do not know what differences this makes, but I don't believe you can just "rubber stamp" them as they are different.
    02-02-13 12:21 PM
31 12