Hi Stoner,

Just wanted to say thanks again for all the great tips. And I think many will agree.

Just wondering.

When OS 4.5 releases for the 8130 CDMA, after the install, will I have to go back into the program files of my pc to clean out the junk.

Thanks again.

06-25-08 08:21 PM
    Yes, you will have to do the same procedure to ALL new updated OS, whether it be an incremental change, as in .30 to .40, or 4.3 to 4.5.

The process will be the same though!
    06-25-08 08:34 PM
    Thank you, quite the thrill seeing my handle in a topic.

CJ beat me to it, but there you go!

I love Summer, it makes the whole ordeal of Winter worthwhile.

Birds singing, plants growing, kids and dog playing on the beach and in the lake.

Couple a brews, an unlimited Wifi and the World at my thumb tips.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-08 08:56 PM
    Thanks guys,

Where you hiding in Canada, Stoner, if you don't mind me asking?

You didn't mention mosquitoes so it can't be the Peg.

They had a trap count of 1200 today.
    06-25-08 09:01 PM

Southern BC, that big valley where the mountains are right in your face.

We pay an additional tax to have larvacide applied at the critical stage of 'skeeter development. It prevents them from turning into the adult form, makes for happy fish and sad bats.

I have retired to a Summer Resort. This is my busy season, the Summer people have returned.

In times past, I have been a busy guy. Prior to retirement, I headed up a team at one of the big three letter corps. Now I do it for pleasure.
    Last edited by Stoner; 06-26-08 at 12:05 AM.
    06-25-08 09:22 PM
    Dang, I need some of that relaxation! I was in Banff almost 8 years ago for my honeymoon and it was beautiful.......think I need to have a second honeymoon! Hmmm....the new addition coming might crimp that for a little bit though.....oh well, there is always next year!

06-25-08 09:27 PM

Banff is a short road trip, couple hours back in the 'day ... Before $100 oil.

Now a couple tanks are a thing to be reckoned with.

Good thing my neighbors in Alberta seem to have plenty.

Last edited by Stoner; 06-25-08 at 11:43 PM.
    06-25-08 10:00 PM
    That is wicked sweet Stoner!!
    06-25-08 10:06 PM
    My neighbor, far end of the lake saw a 'skeeter, but he killed it.

The Sun has set, birds are still calling, but not flying. Evening in the mountains, the air cools out and evening settles in.

Wonder who is hosting tonights beach party? I guess I will find my way, I always do.

06-25-08 11:08 PM

Southern BC, that big valley where the mountains are right in your face.

We pay an additional tax to have larvacide applied at the critical stage of 'skeeter development. It prevents them from turning into the adult form, makes for happy fish and sad bats.

I have retired to a Summer Resort. This is my busy season, the Summer people have returned.

In times past, I have been a busy guy. Prior to retirement, I headed up a team at one of the big three letter corps. Now I do it for pleasure.
    Oh my jeebus that's beautiful. I'm taking a road trip out to the western US starting next week, hopefully I can get some neat-o pictures like that one.
    06-25-08 11:12 PM
    Oh my jeebus that's beautiful. I'm taking a road trip out to the western US starting next week, hopefully I can get some neat-o pictures like that one.
    If you're doing the northern part of the states, make sure you do the Beartooth and Road to Sun Highways. Fantastic.

Last edited by frfghtr; 06-25-08 at 11:21 PM.
    06-25-08 11:18 PM
    If you're doing the northern part of the states, make sure you do the Beartooth and Road to Sun Highways. Fantastic.
    Well we're going to Yellowstone, so we'll see Beartooth most likely. Road-to-the-Sun is a bit too far north for our trek this time though. I want to live in the Northwest after I graduate though, so there will be plenty of time for that then.
    06-25-08 11:24 PM

The Going-to-the-Sun Road is a spectacular 52 mile highway through Glacier National Park and crosses the Continental Divide at Logan Pass. Then traverses the towering Garden Wall. The maximum vehicle dimensions are 21 feet long (including bumpers) and 8 feet wide (including mirrors). Over-length vehicles may be parked at entrance points.
    They call it Going to the Sun because the road goes up, a lot. When you reach the summit, nothing by wildflowers and primordial limestone rock. Beauty.
    Last edited by Stoner; 06-25-08 at 11:51 PM.
    06-25-08 11:47 PM
    Two years ago there was a bit of a landslide, but you never mind the wait with scenery like this.

06-26-08 12:02 AM

Vertical does have a down side.

Turn of the century, the one before last, bunch of rocks broke off Turtle Mountain.

Failure occurred at 4:30 am when 30 million cubic meters of rock broke free from the east side of Turtle Mountain. The event buried part of the town of Frank and greater then 2 km of the Canadian Pacific Railway. Lasting approximately 100 seconds, the Frank Slide is recorded as Canada's worst landslide disaster killing at least 70 people. More fatalities are suspected due to the potential presence of unregistered migrant workers in Frank at the time of the slide.
    Last edited by Stoner; 06-26-08 at 12:11 AM.
    06-26-08 12:08 AM
    The other end of the road didn't look too bad either.

06-26-08 12:10 AM
    ^^^ Sweet!

Good things come from Gimli, must be the water.

Gimli is the source of Crown Royal whisky.

The Gold Standard.
    Last edited by Stoner; 06-26-08 at 12:32 AM.
    06-26-08 12:14 AM
    Me and the gf / now wifey went thru the Frank area around 1976. Couldn't believe something like that could happen. Unfortunately, never could they.
    06-26-08 12:18 AM
    An awe inspiring 10 mile drive through waste land....

Frank Slide, Alberta - When a mountain fell on a town
    06-26-08 12:27 AM

Gimli is the source of Crown Royal whisky.

The Gold Standard.
    Yup and the smoked goldeye ain't bad either.

Time to turn in. Worked last nite, #3 son's convocation from grade 12 at 8:30 am and then dinner at 6:00pm

cya
    06-26-08 12:47 AM
    Wow Stoner you really Live in a Beautiful Place ,, ...
    That is some Great Sceenery It sure Beats the 100 degree days we have had.
    06-26-08 08:06 AM
    Well we're going to Yellowstone, so we'll see Beartooth most likely. Road-to-the-Sun is a bit too far north for our trek this time though. I want to live in the Northwest after I graduate though, so there will be plenty of time for that then.
    We don't need anymore people. Besides, you will never get use to June being more like early Spring than early Summer!!!!

X-country skied up Banff way this past Feb. Nice place in Winter and Summer.
    06-26-08 09:10 AM
    Those are beautiful pictures! I can't wait to head to the Rockies and to southern BC again. I used to live in BC for 17 years, now I'm in the land of oil.
    06-26-08 09:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD