Hello everyone,

I am a newbee so i apologize in advance if this post is in the incorrect forum.

In a nutshell im extremely pissed off that some punk has stolen my phone and has the audacity to bbm me from the deivice laughing. As most of us are blackberry customers we know how precious they devices are to us.

so here is the scoop, police won't do ****, network provider won't do **** (they wont even block the phone), i have contacted RIM they require a lawyer to retrieve a printout of all the BBM's being passed through there BIS server (i thought perhaps we could catch him in convo) - however, RIM requires a lawyer to request this, which undoubtably will cost more than the phone. So the thief stands protected by the very laws that are in place to protect innocent people.

Now I will place a bounty over this person and allow any of the people on this forum to befriend this person and get as much information as possible in order for me to prosecute him. I will provide a reward via paypal for those who manage to get this info from him. I am looking for a phone number, location etc.

The information I have is as follows,

Thank you everyone and I really appreciate it

Mike
    Last edited by JeffH; 03-08-11 at 08:12 AM. Reason: posting pin and IMEI info
    03-08-11 06:54 AM
    Uhm why won't the carrier black list your phone? Phones get stolen everyday. And I've never heard of a carrier refusing to kill a lost / stolen phone. Seems fishy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ferretling likes this.
    03-08-11 06:57 AM
    I would assume carriers won't blacklist,
    This way they get the guy whole stole the phone's money by adding a BIS plan, and other features he might not normally have

03-08-11 07:25 AM
    When I recently lost my phone and called ATT about it, before they said anything about warranty claims or anything they asked me if I wanted them to blacklist the phone so it couldn't be used. I don't know who your carrier is but they should blacklist the pin so it can't be used.
    03-08-11 07:31 AM
    The Carrier is obligated to block the phone when reported stolen as you will be enclined to pay any call/messages/data used on the account... they can do an imei bar on the handset...i would advise calling your carrier again and speak to a manager
    03-08-11 07:32 AM
    Yeah, I agree. Every carrier I have heard of tells you to call them when your phone is stolen. That way they can shut it off. If they don't, then they can end up being the ones on the hook if the person who stole the phone racks up thousands of dollars of calls on it. It's in their best interests to do so.

Call your carrier again. If you're in the USA, at least, tell them you will be filing an official complaint with the FCC if they do not take care of the phone.

Something is definitely not right here.

How is it that they know which other BB to BBM you on?
    03-08-11 07:40 AM
    When I recently lost my phone and called ATT about it, before they said anything about warranty claims or anything they asked me if I wanted them to blacklist the phone so it couldn't be used. I don't know who your carrier is but they should blacklist the pin so it can't be used.
    Exactly, when my daughter lost her Storm, the first thing VZW did was place the phone on a lost/stolen list so it couldn't be used. Your carrier should do the same.
    03-08-11 07:58 AM
    Too bad you didn't have BB Protect loaded......
    03-08-11 08:13 AM
    Sorry, but something is odd, as Ferretling notes; how do they know to bbm you on a second? BlackBerry you seem to have that is active.

Also every carrier will blacklist a device when reported stolen. Call again.

03-08-11 08:43 AM
    First post, too. It does make it sound fishy.

A quick call to the carrier will get it blacklisted. If they won't at least get a police report (even if they won't do anything else) and take it to your carrier. That should be enough proof to have them blacklist it.

Definitely add BlackBerry Protect, SmrtGuard, or something similar to help find a lost/stolen BlackBerry, as well as the ability to lock and wipe it remotely.
    03-08-11 10:01 AM
    CBers are to sharp to fall for this!
    03-08-11 10:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD