I had a blackberry stolen. Nothing important lost. My question is if I pin email the device it shows D with the check mark (Delivered). So if the phone on for it to show the "D"? I was thinking if the device was off it would just show the check mark and no D.

Thanks!
    Last edited by d0lphin2; 04-08-10 at 03:45 AM. Reason: spelling
    04-08-10 12:11 AM
    It definetly is active with a data plan right now. Otherwise a "D" wouldn't show. The PIN is registered.
    04-08-10 02:28 AM
    Thanks for that info. The nice folks at AT&T first said it would be blacklisted and the pin would be forwarded to blackberry (BIS). I called last night after seeing a post here that AT&T will activate any phone (BES) only. I called business care and sure enough they did not have this phone as stolen. The prior call was a flat out lie. I am not going to whine but I have had service with the orginal analog AT&T till now. ... AT&T has no loyality to its customers. Just new customers and revenue. I don't steal but their hollow excuses about not being able to keep track off stolen phones just might make me change my morals.
    04-08-10 02:56 AM
    AT&T doesn't block IMEI's on phones, let alone forward PINs to RIM to have them blacklisted. Yes, you were completely lied to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-10 11:29 AM
    So in essence an at&t BB can be stolen and the thief not have to worry about not being able to activate it?
    04-08-10 12:54 PM
    So in essence an at&t BB can be stolen and the thief not have to worry about not being able to activate it?
    Shameful as it may be, that is correct.It's true for almost all US GSM carriers.
    04-08-10 01:13 PM
    I have sent pin messages to the device and it is still checked marked "D". I am guessing that the person may have just deleted the pin messages. The title was just "Blackberry Bold". Nothing suspicious. So I know it has an active data plan. Just money lost which sucks. Bought it off this forum.
    04-09-10 01:13 AM
    On your next unit ALWAYS use a password and maybe invest in an app such as
    RoBlock or Services for your Blackberry Phones, Blackberry Services.
    04-09-10 01:52 AM
    If you have the PIN I would think there would be a way to track it down. Did you report it stolen?
    04-09-10 05:01 AM
    I have the pin. I have sent pin messages and it shows the checkmark with a D so a data plan is active. It actually was stolen from the seller's house. Had a USPS investigation. I appreciate your comment as well as everyones but it was my mistake not to have signature on delivery. The post office said I didn't need it only tracking number. If it is active I will get it!
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 04-09-10 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Profanity
    04-09-10 05:15 AM
    So you never actually received the phone? Are you sure it was even shipped it?

(Just trying to understand the situation)
    04-09-10 08:09 AM
    Thanks for that info. The nice folks at AT&T first said it would be blacklisted and the pin would be forwarded to blackberry (BIS). I called last night after seeing a post here that AT&T will activate any phone (BES) only. I called business care and sure enough they did not have this phone as stolen. The prior call was a flat out lie. I am not going to whine but I have had service with the orginal analog AT&T till now. ... AT&T has no loyality to its customers. Just new customers and revenue. I don't steal but their hollow excuses about not being able to keep track off stolen phones just might make me change my morals.

You have to take what reps say with a grain of salt, half of them are clueless where they will say anything to please the customer, even when they themselves don't understand what's coming out of their mouth. Bottom line is At&t and most other US GSM carriers don't block, or blacklist the IMEI's, yes I know it sucks. You weren't lied to, just misinformed unfortunately from a rep who didn't know any better.
    04-09-10 03:33 PM
    Ok Thanks! Case Closed
    04-09-10 04:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD