My blackberry from metro was stolen...they still can use the pyn number? and the apps? .... keeping in mind that is a metro what they can do with the phone
    03-28-10 03:01 PM
    If you didn't have a password on the phone, the thief can do anything you could do. You need to call metro immediately and report your loss. Until you do, you will be liable for calls and use.
    03-28-10 03:23 PM
    I suspended the line is reported as stolen but they still can use the pin? and all the apps?...I heard that you can get a blackberry from other company and activate it with metro but they don't have a pin or you cant get to facebook like I used to do ...... so is it posible the other way get a metro and flash it or clone it or whatever they called it to use it with other company or even metro?
    03-28-10 05:56 PM
    Man that rly sucks! Definately report it stolen. After a fone is flashed I'm pretty sure all the current data etc is wiped as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-10 06:10 PM
    I suspended the line is reported as stolen but they still can use the pin? and all the apps?...I heard that you can get a blackberry from other company and activate it with metro but they don't have a pin or you cant get to facebook like I used to do ...... so is it posible the other way get a metro and flash it or clone it or whatever they called it to use it with other company or even metro?
    Since Metro is CDMA the phone you had is activated through the ESN. So
    anyone who even tries to activate the phone for voice, let alone Blackberry
    services won't be able to because the ESN is now blacklisted.
    03-28-10 06:18 PM
    Seems like you could locate it through the phones gps.

03-28-10 11:12 PM
    If the phone is on and outdoors with a clear view of the sky, and the GPS is enabled, and you installed a program like Smrtguard before you lost the phone, you might be able to track it. Without preinstalled software that can send you the GPS coordinates of the phone, you have no way of getting the information.

03-29-10 05:14 AM
    I just had mine stolen over the weekend. I've read about reporting your PIN to RIM so they can lock out the phone. I just can't seem to find a place to do it.

I've googled around a little and all i seem to turn up are threads like this about peoples lost phones.

Is it worth any more effort to try and get the pin locked out?

Or do I just admit defeat and move along?
    05-17-11 03:05 PM
    Report your phone to your carrier. That will end your liability for its use and prevent anyone else from registering it. You don't need to contact RIM.
    todbanner likes this.
    05-17-11 04:51 PM
    Report your phone to your carrier. That will end your liability for its use and prevent anyone else from registering it. You don't need to contact RIM.
    Thanks Jeff. I'd done that already. Just wanted to make sure it was rendered as useless as possible so that the low life who took it couldn't use it.

05-17-11 06:07 PM
    You didn't happen to install Blackberry Protect(or one of the other programs like it) on it before hand did you?

05-17-11 08:29 PM
    Id worry about personal info and data on the phone as well if i lost my phone.
    05-17-11 10:30 PM
    by metro you mean metro pcs? they can't do much with the phone if its reported stolen. it will be incapable of getting on data services because the pin will be blocked. however if you didnt have a password lock on it they can access all your info.
    05-19-11 12:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD