my daughter had her black berry stolen,she used bbm on it..can the people who stole it use her bbm pin to pretend to be her or use it for them selves...i blocked the sim and phone asap...and shes told her friends that if anybody gets in touch with her on bbm it isnt her.can we block the bbm pin too?
    09-29-11 11:15 AM
    The BBM PIN is tied in with the handset IMEI, they won't be able to do anything with her PIN without an active BIS account, and if you already blocked the device IMEI you shouldn't have any issues.

Did she have BB Protect loaded on the device? Remote wipe?
    09-29-11 11:18 AM
    BB protect or BuddyGuard should get the job done if you want a remote wipe. That is, of course, if your daughter had any of those installed
    09-29-11 11:40 AM
    thanks ...someone set bbm up for her and put in password ...
    09-29-11 12:14 PM
    If she had Blackberry Protect on her phone, she'd be able to go to the website for Blackberry Protect and find the where-abouts of her phone through her built in GPS. See if you can go blackberry app world on the computer and download Blackberry Protect from there. It's totally free, but I'm not sure if she'll need her phone to finalize the download for BB Protect. Make sure you log into BB App World on the computer with her Blackberry ID before you do anything. Good luck!
    09-29-11 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD