I've seen here that a lot of people get their BB's from Craigslist. I understand that a lot of GOOD people use craigslist, but...
    I had my first Curve for a total of 2 Days when someone somehow swiped it out of my purse... I KNOW IT WAS UlTIMATELY MY FAULT THE PHONE GOT STOLEN & I understand that Craigslist is a great place to unload stuff but IT DRIVES ME CRAZY that it is easy for people to sell stolen BB's there. I'm sure someone probably bought mine and called their provider and gave them the I'll drop my service speech and got my phones PIN released.
    Oh YEAH and now I willingly pay for the insurance every month.
    10-23-08 08:34 PM
    If you call CS and report your phone stolen it will go on a stolen ESN list for a short time, it can't be activated.
    10-23-08 08:36 PM
    Good to know... I did report it stolen immediately, It was stolen in the last store I was in then I went straight to the car and realized it was gone....
    Good to know it was rendered useless for awhile. Makes me feel better.
    10-23-08 08:39 PM
    Plus the carrier can report it as stolen to RIM and they will block the PIN so it cannot send/receive data which pretty much makes it useless...your lil way of stickin' it to the thief.

e.n.
    10-23-08 09:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD