Anyone know what to do? I already have the IMEI reported stolen with the carrier but I know the PIN is in use because I just talked to the guy. I tried to get his number without giving away that it was my BB but it didn't work. Is there anyway for me to find any info about this person or get the PIN blocked from using BIS? I can't let this pos steal my phone and use it...
    01-17-11 05:33 PM
    There's nothing more you can do. If the carrier doesn't block, then it will remain in use. Sorry.
    01-17-11 06:06 PM
    Anyone know what to do? I already have the IMEI reported stolen with the carrier but I know the PIN is in use because I just talked to the guy. I tried to get his number without giving away that it was my BB but it didn't work. Is there anyway for me to find any info about this person or get the PIN blocked from using BIS? I can't let this pos steal my phone and use it...
    Hey was it a cdma phone or a gsm world phone just wondering

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-11 06:18 PM
    As MotorcycleMama stated, if your carrier doesnt block the pin, theres nothing you can really do. But if the guy/girl is using it, I would try calling your carrier back and see if someone can make sure it gets blocked so this guy/girl gets cut off.
    I'm sorry to hear this happened to you. Hopefully you can get it back or at least get this resolved.
    01-17-11 06:25 PM
    I would call that guy and tell him its your phone, that your gna shut it off and you have his info. Tell him to turn it or else! If he doesent,shut it off and move on.

01-17-11 09:23 PM
    Wow there are still good people in the world. It ended up the guy who has it bought it from a street vendor in Toronto. The guy was all class, we talked on the phone and he said he would ship it to me ASAP. He said he sort of new it was fishy (he only paid $100 for a basically brand new 9300). Anyway I'm sending him a reward once I get the phone back. I'm just left wondering how the Curve I lost in a bar in Ottawa ended up in Toronto...
    01-17-11 09:24 PM
    Well that's awesome Glad it worked out, and enjoy your 9300 - my wife loves her 9330.
    01-17-11 09:39 PM
    01-17-11 09:49 PM
    But only if you plan to go after the phone yourself, an app like that isn't enough probable cause for most police officers.
    Danimaloxo7 likes this.
    01-17-11 10:02 PM
    But only if you plan to go after the phone yourself, an app like that isn't enough probable cause for most police officers.
    It's more then nothing, which is originally where the op was. I find it some what beneficial to have at least some control over your device once it's no longer in your possession. Had someone tried to add their own sim card or tried to take it to say... Toronto, you'll know about it. It also does give you some remote access back up, restore, locking, wiping...
    01-17-11 10:35 PM
    Wow there are still good people in the world. It ended up the guy who has it bought it from a street vendor in Toronto. The guy was all class, we talked on the phone and he said he would ship it to me ASAP. He said he sort of new it was fishy (he only paid $100 for a basically brand new 9300). Anyway I'm sending him a reward once I get the phone back. I'm just left wondering how the Curve I lost in a bar in Ottawa ended up in Toronto...
    Wow consider yourself one of the luckiest smartphone owners. From Ottawa to Toronto and somehow got a hold of someone who bought it and was nice enough to ship it back without even thinking you might not reward him after you receive the phone. The smartphone Gods were really on your side for this one :P

01-18-11 12:38 AM
    In the Dumb Question catagory???? Is there no way to track it`s where about`s remotely ? I would pay for that.
    Just in case it`s obvious, I don`t know a whole lot about this stuff But I do learn a little more every time I come here.
    01-18-11 01:25 AM
    Smrtguard is way cool I feel smarter than I was already
    01-18-11 01:29 AM
    See, torontonians aren't that bad

01-18-11 01:37 AM
    Love to hear a happy ending!
    01-18-11 10:00 AM
    chris, this is GREAT news! I'm glad to see that there are still honest people in the world today also! Just a suggestion-for the reward you plan on giving him, maybe you can recover some/all of his $100 bucks he lost for buying what he though was a used bb-i don't know how financially fit you are that's why I'm only suggesting I'm sure whatever you do decided to do for him, he will greatly appreciate Keep us posted - let's us know when your baby is back in your hands!

01-18-11 10:09 AM
    You don't need PC to go look for a cellphone that's reported stolen.

01-18-11 11:37 AM
    There are lots of apps that will track (and lock) your phone if it gets lost or stolen (like SmrtGuard). Some will report the GPS location. Others have the ability to wipe the phone as well.

Of course, you have to have the app installed before it gets lost/stolen.

It's one of the first type of apps I have installed on any smart phone I get.
    01-18-11 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD