All US carriers do extensive testing of new OS updates before rolling them out, because in the US, the carriers, rather than the manufacturer, are responsible for front-line phone support - except for Apple, who has their own network of Apple stores and provides a large percentage of front-line support (this is the main reason they are able to get streamlined carrier acceptance testing - they take on the responsibility of problems themselves).

But carrier acceptance testing is prioritized, with popular flagship phones getting the priority, and other phones getting lower priorities.

Finally, with T-Mobile specifically, they not only have to do carrier acceptance testing, but also integrate the WiFi Calling into the build, which has to be done separately with each build, followed by rounds of testing. All of that takes even more time, so it should be no surprise that T-Mo is often the last to release an update.

Of course, given the fact that BB (not T-Mo) severed the relationship with T-Mo, who knows if T-Mo will bother rolling out the 10.3 update? I actually suspect they will, though - it may just take more time than usual. And as others have pointed out, it's not like any US carrier has rolled it out yet either.
    04-09-15 01:05 PM
    Yes...unlocked devices lol. These people are talking about devices bought from T-Mobile. No carrier bought devices, on any carrier in the US have gotten the 10.3.1 update I don't believe so I don't understand this thread

Posted via CB10
    This is my thread Rello and at the time I started it I had no idea other U.S. Carriers had not released 10.3.1, reason I refer only to T-Mobile. As you might suspect that is the carrier I'm on. I didn't even realize that 10.3.1 haven't released in many of Canada's carriers. But, from the posts,.i am beginning to see I'm not alone and it isn't just T-Mobile. Or the U.S.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 01:34 PM
    All US carriers do extensive testing of new OS updates before rolling them out, because in the US, the carriers, rather than the manufacturer, are responsible for front-line phone support - except for Apple, who has their own network of Apple stores and provides a large percentage of front-line support (this is the main reason they are able to get streamlined carrier acceptance testing - they take on the responsibility of problems themselves).

But carrier acceptance testing is prioritized, with popular flagship phones getting the priority, and other phones getting lower priorities.

Finally, with T-Mobile specifically, they not only have to do carrier acceptance testing, but also integrate the WiFi Calling into the build, which has to be done separately with each build, followed by rounds of testing. All of that takes even more time, so it should be no surprise that T-Mo is often the last to release an update.

Of course, given the fact that BB (not T-Mo) severed the relationship with T-Mo, who knows if T-Mo will bother rolling out the 10.3 update? I actually suspect they will, though - it may just take more time than usual. And as others have pointed out, it's not like any US carrier has rolled it out yet either.
    Actually T-Mobile was the first U.S. Carrier to release 10.2 last time around, if I am not mistaken. And if I'm wrong I can certainly say they were not the last.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 01:36 PM
    Actually T-Mobile was the first U.S. Carrier to release 10.2 last time around, if I am not mistaken. And if I'm wrong I can certainly say they were not the last.
    That's correct. Some Verizon loyalists will say Verizon was the first, even though it was accidentally released and then stopped. T-Mobile USA did the first official en masse release in the USA.
    04-09-15 08:25 PM
    That's correct. Some Verizon loyalists will say Verizon was the first, even though it was accidentally released and then stopped. T-Mobile USA did the first official en masse release in the USA.
    Thank you CBVINH, I thought I was right about that!

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 06:57 AM
    TMO said an update for the LG G3 would roll out on April 7th, but it hasn't. Totally a joke of a carrier.
    04-10-15 12:13 PM
81 ... 234