hi, i know am abit late but actually i have been appreciating the Blackberry Z30 lately and its sharp look etc... and found myself watching more and more reviews of the phone. i do have a q10 and if i will get a z30 that will be to substitute my 2 tablets + ipod (which all combined are used 10% the times i use my q10) so seeing it this way i guess it makes sense... plus i do not see myself ditch my Q10 (to be honest i love it) for a Passport anytime soon either (maybe for the classic "maybe" in winter 2015). so is Blackberry Z30 still relevant after almost a year of its release? any suggestion?
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    07-24-14 08:44 AM
    Sure it's still relevant, it's only 9 months old. It's a great device, my favorite BlackBerry to date. If you don't mind going from qwerty to touch screen then by all means go for it. The performance is better, the battery is better and the audio is fantastic.

The GIF Exchange C001B7B16?
    07-24-14 08:46 AM
    It is old, but it's the best we have and it's replacement is not on the horizon yet. So if your Z10 is fine for you and you just need a larger screen it should be relevant too you.
    07-24-14 08:50 AM
    It is old, but it's the best we have and it's replacement is not on the horizon yet. So if your Z10 is fine for you and you just need a larger screen it should be relevant too you.
    He doesn't have a z10

07-24-14 09:00 AM
    Definitely still relevant.

It could be a good buy soon as well, with the Passport coming out in September. I'd love to keep mine, but more than likely will sell it to help fund my Passport purchase. So there are probably others like myself who will be selling their Z30 around September time frame. Whether used market, or new - there should be some very affordable Z30's out there this summer!

Posted via CB10
    David in Durham likes this.
    07-24-14 09:14 AM
    It's still relevant if you want one. It is a BB10 device. If you care about pure specs then it wasn't really able to go toe to toe with the devices from last year and surely not the ones released in 2014.

I think Blackberry went back to the drawing board after the pretty public notion that the first BB10 devices failed at getting Blackberry any traction. They are going back to the keyboard (Classic and Passport) to attempt to bring back the Blackberry fans of the mid to late 2000's.

No successors to the Z10 and Z30 in the pipeline that I know of.
    logger4942 likes this.
    07-24-14 09:14 AM
    It is the best touch screen BlackBerry has and it is amazing. It is so much more than a z10. For those who only say screen size, then they don't really know.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 09:17 AM
    Is the screen bigger more because the bezels are smaller, or is the overall phone much bigger than the Z10? I just got a Z10 and it seems pretty big to me compared to my Q10.
    Then I see my friends walking around with their Notes, and the Z10 looks small .

Posted on my Q10 or Z10
    07-24-14 09:27 AM
    Is the screen bigger more because the bezels are smaller, or is the overall phone much bigger than the Z10? I just got a Z10 and it seems pretty big to me compared to my Q10.
    Then I see my friends walking around with their Notes, and the Z10 looks small .

Posted on my Q10 or Z10
    The z10 has a 4.2" screen and the z30 has a 5" screen. It's not the bezels.
    07-24-14 09:38 AM
    Any phone is relevant if it suites your needs, no matter how old or new.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 09:42 AM
    If you don't need apps it is still a damn good option. Out of the box BlackBerry smartphones are definitely great options and the Z30 is the best of the lot.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    07-24-14 10:00 AM
    If you don't need apps it is still a damn good option. Out of the box BlackBerry smartphones are definitely great options and the Z30 is the best of the lot.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    What do you mean if you don't need apps? You can have almost any app you want on it.

07-24-14 10:54 AM
    I just got one last week. Battery is great. Coming from a Z10, it's bigger in hand. I wish it were a tad bit smaller. I'll get over it. I seem to always get hung up on the volume keys. Maybe I have small hands. Z10, to me was the perfect size. I am enjoying Z30.
    07-24-14 10:58 AM
    What do you mean if you don't need apps? You can have almost any app you want on it.

You can have most popular iandroid apps on it. Many apps aimed at clients of a business or enterprise not available without snap.

If you are not a heavy user and want a smaller cheaper phone with a better screen go with a Z10.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 11:02 AM
    It's not even that old now. By the end of this year, yeah it will be a bit outdated. But in today's terms it's the perfect full-touch BB10 experience which will complement the Passport and Classic quite nicely. It won't win any spec wars but it will run the OS and most of the apps without any hiccups. 10.3 should vastly improve Android app performance so hopefully the phone will feel more complete then. I plan to keep mine til at least 2016. There will be no flagship full touch BB10 in 2014, guaranteed, and there is no word when it will come if ever in 2015. It's a bit different than buying an iPhone 5S when the iPhone 6 is around the corner.

The Z10 screen isn't any better, only different, the slight increase in pixel density isn't noticeable to the eye. I much prefer Super AMOLED over LCD.
    07-24-14 11:30 AM
    hi, i know am abit late but actually i have been appreciating the Blackberry Z30 lately and its sharp look etc... and found myself watching more and more reviews of the phone. i do have a q10 and if i will get a z30 that will be to substitute my 2 tablets + ipod (which all combined are used 10% the times i use my q10) so seeing it this way i guess it makes sense... plus i do not see myself ditch my Q10 (to be honest i love it) for a Passport anytime soon either (maybe for the classic "maybe" in winter 2015). so is Blackberry Z30 still relevant after almost a year of its release? any suggestion?
    still relevant / ipod yes, replace a tablet....not sure. it is a fantastic device and as of yesterday morning $399 on shop blackberry.com (white only). The next all touch (rumered) may be a tablet / computer replacement.
    07-24-14 12:10 PM
    It's not even that old now. By the end of this year, yeah it will be a bit outdated. But in today's terms it's the perfect full-touch BB10 experience which will complement the Passport and Classic quite nicely. It won't win any spec wars but it will run the OS and most of the apps without any hiccups. 10.3 should vastly improve Android app performance so hopefully the phone will feel more complete then. I plan to keep mine til at least 2016. There will be no flagship full touch BB10 in 2014, guaranteed, and there is no word when it will come if ever in 2015. It's a bit different than buying an iPhone 5S when the iPhone 6 is around the corner.

The Z10 screen isn't any better, only different, the slight increase in pixel density isn't noticeable to the eye. I much prefer Super AMOLED over LCD.
    I respectfully disagree about the z30 screen. I can see the difference . Z30 is for those who want a larger screen and a much better battery. I would wait for the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 12:19 PM
    Definitely still relevant. It's in my opinion the best BB10 device on the market.

As far as replacing a tablet though.. that really depends on your use case. It's certainly got the battery to do the double duty. But a 5" screen does not really a tablet make. So think long and hard if that's gonna be big enough to do what you need.
    07-24-14 12:21 PM
    No apps??? I have Blackberry World, Snap and AmazonAppStore. I have more apps than I could possible use. The Z30 is a fantastic phone, my favorite over all other phones I've ever had. I'm toying with the idea of the Passport, but it will take a log to pry the Z30 out of my hands.
    07-24-14 12:27 PM
    Absolutely still relevant. I have had mine less then a month. Love it

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 12:35 PM
    It's relevant depending on how much you pay for it.

I like my playbook but I wouldn't pay over 50bucks for one

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 12:37 PM
    Will you regret if BlackBerry decide to issue Z50 in January or in March 2015?
    07-24-14 12:49 PM
    Indeed the Z30 is still relevant! As a matter of fact,I'm look to buy one the first week of September, anyone that's ready to part with their Z30 then, I'm willing to buy it, I'm on Tmoble US, so obviously it has to be the STA 100- 5 Model, Black of course, please contact me here on CB, I would really appreciate it, Thanks in advance

Posted by my QNX powered Z10
    07-24-14 01:01 PM
    Just get it. Had my z10 for a year, and the z30 is much nicer. Faster, bigger screen, better battery. Great device

Z30STA100-2/10.3.0.296
    07-24-14 01:05 PM
    I'm not sure what I want to do with my Z30 should I get the Passport. Will have to think about it.
    07-24-14 01:19 PM
36 12