I deleted one of my email accounts from Service Book over a month ago, yet I'm still receiving email that is being to that address. Any suggestions/thoughts/etc. on how to remedy this situation? The only thing I ever get to the address is spam, and a whole lot of it, so it's a tad bit irritating.
    Thanks in advance!
    08-29-07 12:58 PM
    Is that email address being forwarded to another account? Log into BIS, and make sure it's gone. And, while you're there, resend the service books...
    08-29-07 02:48 PM
    Nope. When I initially set up my phone back in December, I added 3 email addresses. Last month I received a new phone thru warranty (the pearl will survive a drop/throw of 20 feet to a tile floor, but will get kinda jacked up). Since I've gotten the new phone, I deleted one of the emails, and I've been encountering a lot of little annoyances, like this, receiving the mail from the accountn I deleted; pictures messing up; can't seem to keep a call log anymore.... seems like there are more things but can't remember them right now.
    I just recently reloaded the OS and that may have fixed the picture issue, but that's all I can tell so far.
    ANYWAY, have never logged into BIS, not really sure how to go about that. I'm sure there's a how-to around here somewhere, eh?
    (And thanks, Nav! ;-)
    08-29-07 04:05 PM
    Just remembered -- before I updated the OS, I had the option when deleting messages, to delete / delete on handheld / cancel -- now when I go to delete a message, I have two options - delete / cancel. What happened to my choices? Have I inadvertently set something up this way?
    08-29-07 06:32 PM
    Regardless, there are only TWO ways to get email accounts on a BlackBerry, via BIS/BES (BIS = carriers website), or from the device, "setup internet email". So, at some stage you did, if you didn't you would NOT get emails on your device...

So, sorry to say, log into BIS (either via the website, or from the device) and check the accounts there, and then resend the service books (you'll see an option for this online)...
    08-29-07 08:03 PM
    Yes, yes, yes, you are right! I just logged into BIS for the first time (I initially set up through phone) and that pesky deleted email was still there. Got rid of it. (And I also figured out how to have my phone log show up, isn't that the way things go...)
    Thank you SOOO much for your fine assistance!
    08-30-07 01:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD