One more update and BlackBerry Tasks and Notes applications still don't support synchronization with Google's Keep or Tasks.
    My company uses Google enterprise services and I'd like to have that feature to avoid having several applications with similar features.
    Moreover BB's calendar tends to duplicate accounts if you have them on both Google accounts and BlackBerry Hub accounts (I need to configure Google accounts in the "system" side to be able to use Drive).
    I know that Exchange is the de-facto standard for enterprise, but BlackBerry is using Android now and should be more Google friendly.
    06-25-18 02:09 AM
    Well, you could switch to Google Tasks and Keep.
    06-25-18 07:52 AM
    That's what I did. But if your target is the professional market I thinks you have to take into account other options apart from Ms when creating your apps.
    06-25-18 08:30 AM
    I see what you are saying. You should be able to turn off/not show other calendars and accounts in the calendar and hub.
    06-25-18 08:45 PM
    Exchange is a mature, well documented, and consistent standard. Does Google even offer the ability for their business level service features to work with third-party apps? Google also has a severe tendency to make radical changes to their products that break integration with their services, or to drop app X in favour of app Y that offers the same feature set by different means.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-18 06:22 AM
    Good point. Google doesn't seem to know the meaning of mature product or API..
    06-28-18 07:11 AM
    Maybe... or maybe they just want you to use their products so they can better control the experience?
    06-28-18 09:11 AM
    Maybe, but there are some good apps out there using Google APIs to synchronize tasks and notes with Outlook for example.
    Moreover BlackBerry calendar does not have any problem synchronizing with Google calendar.
    06-28-18 09:15 AM
    You can uncheck the box in the Google calendar app for what to show.
    06-28-18 09:16 AM
    Maybe... or maybe they just want you to use their products so they can better control the experience?
    The biggest problem I have with Google is they constantly develop a product to a certain point, then throw it away completely or replace it with something else. Their APIs often do the same. That is not unique to Google, but it means using those APIs in an app carries more risk.
    TGR1 likes this.
    06-28-18 09:25 AM
    No-one at Google seems to be interested in the maintenance of an existing application or service. That partially speaks to a corporate culture that only rewards 'the new' at the expense of their existing services. That's one of the reasons I've never relied on any of their products: you never know when it's going to be killed or merged into something else.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-18 05:56 AM
    Well, you could switch to Google Tasks and Keep.
    Yes but Google tasks will not show up in productivity tab tasks unless I use widget which I do not like much. Google takes should be supported.
    07-04-18 04:52 AM
    Chiming in late here but I appreciate the discussion. I'm in agreement with all that was said but especially the last comment - I would truly like to use Productivity Tab but not being able to link in Google Tasks (with the exception of a widget) is a disappointment for me. Though in saying that, my preference would be to be all blackberry - so, being able to back up and sync Blackberry tasks and notes (for that matter) would be my ideal solution..
    10-30-18 06:22 AM
    It is no win win situation however you what to go. Microsoft does not support google tasks so I switched to exchange. This way I can see my take both on PC and my phone. Very convenient.
    11-09-18 06:05 PM