As if this horse hasn't been beaten enough, high off the BIS 3.0 announcement, I rushed to register my Gmail account through BIS (was using the Gmail app before), hoping that the sync issue would finally be resolved (which it is as of last weekend, according to multiple blogs).

Well, it's not resolved. Neither read status nor message deletions are synced from the web client to the device, even after as long an hour.

Is it possible that Sprint hasn't rolled out 3.0 yet?
    04-01-10 04:25 PM
    Its rolled (over and died). Lol. I suspect rim will get it working sometime over the summer in bis 3.1/3.2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-10 04:45 PM
    The RIM release regarding the GMail features associated with BIS 3.0 indicated that those features would be rolled out region by region. It's the first thing mentioned in the release.

New features of BlackBerry Internet Service 3.0

BlackBerry Internet Service 3.0 is the latest version of the BlackBerry Internet Service offered by Research In Motion.

* Coming soon: Enhancements to Google Mail integrations
    o Google Mail Account to BlackBerry smartphone synchronization of read, unread and sent email message status for new Google Mail integrations
    + Note: this feature will be added throughout the Spring 2010 by region
    04-01-10 06:06 PM
    New features of BlackBerry Internet Service 3.0

BlackBerry Internet Service 3.0 is the latest version of the BlackBerry Internet Service offered by Research In Motion.

* Coming soon: Enhancements to Google Mail integrations
    o Google Mail Account to BlackBerry smartphone synchronization of read, unread and sent email message status for new Google Mail integrations
    + Note: this feature will be added throughout the Spring 2010 by region

- As in; please stop expecting us to actually implement anything in a timely fashion, or have the common sense to do something imap has provided years ago.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-10 06:10 PM
    Hi, thought I'd check in since it's now September of 2011, and I have bought yet another "top-of-the-line" Blackberry device (9930) since the last post.

Ahem, still no HTML in Gmail app and no read status syncing for Gmail in BIS, i.e. Gmail users are still unwelcome on Blackberry. It just boggles my mind, RIM.

I'll write again next year, bye.
    09-08-11 02:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD