Well, 4 weeks have passed since the official end of Summer and BlackBerry's failed BBM cross platform launch. Since then there's been 3 updates on BBM's Twitter account, the most recent one posted last month. With such high anticipation for the app, one would think BlackBerry would have more open and honest communication about its forthcoming release (Frank Boulben's "within days" comment not withstanding, as it comes from the most incompetent CMO in history).

One would also think a multi billion dollar corporation which remarkably assembled a mobile operating system from scratch in just two years could repair any technical issues that plague a single app within a month.

Taking BlackBerry's recent corporate restructuring & "for sale" status into account, there's a possibility we won't see BBM cross platform anytime soon. There was a report a while back that BlackBerry Messenger may get spun off into its own company. BlackBerry Ltd may be looking to do so before BBMx is properly made available. They could be trying to increase BBM's value to potential suitors by publicly touting the public appetite.

Perhaps there's so much strain, strife and/or lack of communication within BlackBerry that's it's preventing the app from reaching gold status.

Worst case scenario, BBM cross platform has been permanently cancelled and BlackBerry is not telling us... a repeat of the PlayBook.

I'd like to see some investigative journalism get to the bottom of this as BlackBerry feels it's perfectly acceptable to keep their dedicated user base in the dark for so long. In the meantime, the erosion of trust isn't helping BlackBerry's case. In the same week that BlackBerry releases a letter pleading "Don't turn your back on us", they have done the exact same to us.
    Last edited by birdman_38; 10-20-13 at 12:09 PM.
    FrankIAm likes this.
    10-20-13 11:45 AM
    This needed another thread.

Posted from my Z10
    VR6 and Arny cua like this.
    10-20-13 11:46 AM
    What do you expect.... they're still working on the alarm clock app, and it's been what? 9 months since release?
    10-20-13 11:47 AM
    This needed another thread.
    Do you have a contribution?
    10-20-13 11:53 AM
    How can it be deafening, when it's a constant subject being raise here?

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 12:01 PM
    I've pretty much given up on this company as they just can't seem to do anything right.
    One side of me is kind of hoping this company just goes out of business and put us out of our misery as all these promises they keep making has been giving us some hope but somehow never materializes. For me, after 10 years of sticking with BB as a main driver it's time to "Move On" rather than "Keep Moving" I will use my Z10 until the bitter end and when it doesn't work anymore move on to another platform - my only problem then will be which platform? sigh
    10-20-13 12:03 PM
    The only way they could appease the CrackBerry pitchforks at this point is if they surprise everyone and release a 'full' version of BBMx, well,.. at least one including voice, video and channels (I don't know if screen sharing will ever be possible).

But I doubt that will happen.
    10-20-13 12:06 PM
    The only way they could appease the CrackBerry pitchforks at this point is if they surprise everyone and release a 'full' version of BBMx, well,.. at least one including voice, video and channels (I don't know if screen sharing will ever be possible).

But I doubt that will happen.
    That would be nice.
    10-20-13 12:08 PM
    Past a joke now. Any info from BlackBerry would have been helpful but no silence as usual. Again more broken promises. I now know the meaning of a blackberry promise

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 12:08 PM
    OK, who is in charge of the Department of Redundancy Department? Already have one of these on the cusp of closing, the subject, well written or not, is covered.
    tmanthib and bombastic like this.
    10-20-13 12:19 PM