This frustrates the crap out of me and im sure the rest of you. With RIM trying to push third party applications to be developed they better include in DM a way to back them up and the data associated within them.
    its so annoying to have to use multiple applications to try an accomplish what should be easy, so i dont bother. Even on an OS upgrade the apps are reinstalled but the data with them is gone (ex. facebook login and notifications, gmail app accounts, youmail custom settings, weatherbug, AppWorld! etc..) i have to go back to each application and customize it back to how it was. We are now on OS6/DM6 and still nothing has changed
    Last edited by chinoxs203; 10-07-10 at 09:28 AM.
    10-07-10 09:18 AM
    This is a good practice by RIM in my honest opinion. Just be glad that memopad data doesn't get lost! lol

It's always a good practice to remember login details than to be lax about them and when the time comes to entering them, you won't be forgetting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-10 09:38 AM
    I've used WM Treo's which have an on-device backup program. It was nice to be able to restore my phone with my settings when something went wrong, especially if you couldn't access your computer.
    10-07-10 09:18 PM
    Til you lose your phone. And someone finds it....and does a backup...think paypal login. Appwold with your Credit Card number...home address...phone numbers....etc.

Its funny how many people purchase a phone that focuses on SECURITY...then complain about it because its a personal inconvenience for them to login everytime.

10-07-10 09:40 PM
    You should see how many people blame their carriers for the loss of their data when they guessed the wrong password ten times. Pfft.

I think that cell phone security just exists to protect the phones from their owners.
    10-07-10 11:29 PM
    I think the user has a legit concern. I can't stand
    having all my info erased and needing to re-enter
    it after upgrading/downgrading or re-installing the
    OS.

I guess the iPhone and iTunes has spoiled me.
    10-07-10 11:35 PM
    Til you lose your phone. And someone finds it....and does a backup...think paypal login. Appwold with your Credit Card number...home address...phone numbers....etc.

Its funny how many people purchase a phone that focuses on SECURITY...then complain about it because its a personal inconvenience for them to login everytime.

do they even need to do the backup if they have
    your device? if the user didn't password protect
    their device in the first place with all that info,
    then they had it coming.

i don't password protect, but i am able to wipe my
    devices remotely and don't keep critical info like
    that either.
    10-07-10 11:37 PM
    Do you use hybrids and leaks? Cause the majority of BlackBerry users DON'T...so there really isn't a concern of having to do this except for us fiends on Crackberry. If you don't like having to do it then stop installing hybrids every other week lol.

10-07-10 11:41 PM
    I totally agree with the OP. It is the 21st Century and more and more apps are being developed for the BB and many hope more 3rd party apps will come along. If nothing else, backing up 3rd party apps should be easier and then their data. Of course, 3rd party developers should also have a way to backup their configurations as some now do (shortcutme, quicklaunch, berryweather). But having to re-input many long serial numbers or auth codes after an OS install is a pain in the but*. (what if I want to discuss two goats butting heads!!!)
    10-08-10 09:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD