I think in this industry (or whatever industry), bashing one is another is just...the way of life. Well, I wouldn't say how to stop it but hey, guess this is just life huh

Either way, BB is better at least for me!
    01-03-11 10:19 PM
    Well most od the times, it's the iphone User " who Feels that he/she is the Center of the Universe" who starts the Conversation. And it always begin with why the iphone is the PERFECT phone for him/her and perfect for the the other Guy.
    And BB users politely point out why it's not the Case.
    Android users on the other hand...well, that's a different story.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I can agree with just about all of it besides for the BB users being polite. Some BB users here seem to get pretty insulted when people enjoy their iPhones or Android phones.
    01-03-11 10:20 PM
    ...Some BB users here seem to get pretty insulted when people enjoy their iPhones or Android phones.
    Not "insulted" so much as frustrated.
    It's no fun to go on a BlackBerry forum to read a bunch of Android/iphone users bashing the BB platform.

Just to be clear, I'm talking about the BlackBerry forums. The Crackberry website has a number of forums catering to BlackBerry, iphone, and Android OS.
    It's nice that Crackberry provides forums for fans of all platforms. It would be even nicer if users didn't feel the need to **** on the carpet when they visit other forums.
    01-03-11 10:37 PM
    Not "insulted" so much as frustrated.
    It's no fun to go on a BlackBerry forum to read a bunch of Android/iphone users bashing the BB platform.

Just to be clear, I'm talking about the BlackBerry forums. The Crackberry website has a number of forums catering to BlackBerry, iphone, and Android OS.
    It's nice that Crackberry provides forums for fans of all platforms. It would be even nicer if users didn't feel the need to **** on the carpet when they visit other forums.
    I can agree with you here. CrackBerry is a BlackBerry forum mainly, but still cators to other smartphones. But I can say that when people make threads saying how their BlackBerry is the best device in existence and how the iPhone and Android are worthless toys in comparison, they are asking for it. Such as threads like this that are made to be a complete Apple bash.

01-03-11 11:07 PM
    A friend of mine was also complaining via twitter about the iphone alarm problem...I didn't know it was so wide spread....

I personally don't bash iphones aside from in a joking manner with my friends..some have iphones, some androids, some BBs so we all jokingly have smartphone battles
    01-03-11 11:13 PM
    Wow... A little alarm clock bug is supposed to be an Apple bash? Apple bashing is just getting pathetic. After buying an iPod touch (which runs iOS, if you don't know already) I can honestly say why BB users bash the iPhone. Jealousy.
    At what point I let you understand that I didn't know iPod and iPhone share the same OS? (By the way, this does not help your case) And if you didn't had the patience to read the entire thread, let me repeat for you: I don't bash the iPhone, I was just asking the BB users if they would still have faith in a OS that fails not once, but in 2 instances (until now) to perform a basic task of ringing an alarm at a set time. More than that, Apple's reps recognizing it's a known issue If I was looking to bash your precious device, I would have been posted it on iPhone forum not here. One more thing: I didn't say (and I believe none of the other posters did) that this is a victory for RIM, like you wrote. But if you feel it that way, what can I do?
    01-03-11 11:23 PM
    I can agree with you here. CrackBerry is a BlackBerry forum mainly, but still cators to other smartphones. But I can say that when people make threads saying how their BlackBerry is the best device in existence and how the iPhone and Android are worthless toys in comparison, they are asking for it. Such as threads like this that are made to be a complete Apple bash.

You should complain on Yahoo site, which is the author of the original article, that they are bashing Apple, if that's what you think about this thread.
    01-03-11 11:30 PM

While you will find bashing of any platform on either forum, but I was wondering. What am I "asking for" as you stated? It sounds to me you are now ranting because some did not like your "toy". Just wondering.....
    01-03-11 11:55 PM
    At what point I let you understand that I didn't know iPod and iPhone share the same OS? (By the way, this does not help your case) And if you didn't had the patience to read the entire thread, let me repeat for you: I don't bash the iPhone, I was just asking the BB users if they would still have faith in a OS that fails not once, but in 2 instances (until now) to perform a basic task of ringing an alarm at a set time. More than that, Apple's reps recognizing it's a known issue If I was looking to bash your precious device, I would have been posted it on iPhone forum not here. One more thing: I didn't say (and I believe none of the other posters did) that this is a victory for RIM, like you wrote. But if you feel it that way, what can I do?
    I'm sorry if I gave you the wrong impression. What I'm saying isn't just about this thread. It's everywhere, and about something as dumb as an alarm being an hour late. If this is the last time that it happens then I'm sure we can all forgive them. You can't judge an OS by a simple alarm clock bug. Now a real problem is the Android bug that sends text messages to the wrong contacts. That could have some long term effects.

01-04-11 12:02 AM
    01-04-11 01:41 AM
    Ohhhhh and here come the troops to fight in the name of android...you've done it now kiddo...lol
    01-04-11 09:55 AM
    I have cellphone commitment issues, so i have had just about every brand out there.

recently i upgraded to an Iphone 4. It prompted me to do the update to iso4.2... i've been without a phone for over a day now and posting this from my laptop.

Thanks Steve Jobs, ya ******. Way to introduce an 'upgrade' and not getting it to run on a Windows machine. Ironically this is an issue reported by the thousands and to no avail there is no fix yet. since 4.2 has been out.

/rant
    01-04-11 10:09 AM
    Now a real problem is the Android bug that sends text messages to the wrong contacts. That could have some long term effects.
    Yeah, you beat me to it, I was about to post this. So, you can see this wasn't supposed to be a Apple bashing thread, it was intended to wake up people from the hipnosis. What good to have 100,000 apps if the basics are messed up. And there always will be different opinions about different phones, it's not like comparing apples to apples.
    01-04-11 10:27 AM
    While you will find bashing of any platform on either forum, but I was wondering. What am I "asking for" as you stated? It sounds to me you are now ranting because some did not like your "toy". Just wondering.....
    You're asking for iPhone users to come in and start an argument. I'm a BlackBerry user like most here, but I still see the advantages of other platforms.
    01-04-11 11:06 AM
    I have cellphone commitment issues, so i have had just about every brand out there.

recently i upgraded to an Iphone 4. It prompted me to do the update to iso4.2... i've been without a phone for over a day now and posting this from my laptop.

Thanks Steve Jobs, ya ******. Way to introduce an 'upgrade' and not getting it to run on a Windows machine. Ironically this is an issue reported by the thousands and to no avail there is no fix yet. since 4.2 has been out.

/rant
    A friend of mine had a similar problem. What he did was downgrade back to 4.1 and then reinstall 4.2. If it doesn't work the second time... Well... You're probably still on warranty.
    01-04-11 11:09 AM
    I dont think it's just bb users who exclusively bash the iphone. As soon as something goes wrong with it, news spread like wildfire...most likely you'll see something about whatever on the 6 oclock news.
    01-04-11 11:12 AM

this is all you need to see!

it's always like that and will be. Mind you each group of users can care less since many are assigned a specific device from work, but those people aren't picky enough since they generally stick to dumbphone personally.
    Daniel Ratcliffe likes this.
    01-04-11 11:47 AM
    If someone needs to bash another phone or prove that their phone is superior, they really should get a new hobby.
    01-04-11 12:15 PM
    If someone needs to bash another phone or prove that their phone is superior, they really should get a new hobby.

why does it matter? Forums are a place where people are entitled to their respective ideologies and opinions...if you don't like it heed your own advice and go find another "hobby" other than trolling the forums in search for a place to insert your snide remarks...
    01-04-11 12:21 PM
    Funny how RIM wasn't in this picture. Guess they were holding the camera.
    01-04-11 01:04 PM
    BIS going down has nothing to do with the phone itself. I don't like to bash also and I posted this quoting trusted sources, you don't see any bad words coming from me. That beeing said, the reason I posted this is because I can't help wondering: If Apple screwed up a basic function like the alarm clock, how can someone who uses iphone be sure other function are reliable? Are you certain you are reminded for your next appointment? For you who sleep at home every night the alarm clock is not critical. How about businessmen or athletes? Do they have to carry an alarm clock with them?

this amount of times BIS goes down out weighs the 2-3 times iphone alarm glitch. not say you can pick up a paid or replacement alarm app with more features in the app store. when BIS goes down and you can't get a business email then what? SMS glitch, 2-5mins reboot time and BIS going down ... all issues RIM still can get right
    01-04-11 04:02 PM
    this amount of times BIS goes down out weighs the 2-3 times iphone alarm glitch. not say you can pick up a paid or replacement alarm app with more features in the app store. when BIS goes down and you can't get a business email then what? SMS glitch, 2-5mins reboot time and BIS going down ... all issues RIM still can get right
    Just pointing out the facts:
    1. BIS account is for personal mail, if you have a business get a BES account
    2. SMS glitch is a Android issue, not RIM
    3. My BB9700 boots up in 1min20sec (and I bet it's not the only one)
    01-04-11 05:27 PM
    Funny how RIM wasn't in this picture. Guess they were holding the camera.
    that picture is all Desktop OS's
    01-04-11 06:24 PM
    that picture is all Desktop OS's
    I know.
    01-04-11 06:33 PM
    <picture truncated>

this is all you need to see!

it's always like that and will be. Mind you each group of users can care less since many are assigned a specific device from work, but those people aren't picky enough since they generally stick to dumbphone personally.
    Love how without realising it, I was falling straight into that stereotype. I do see myself as being high class because of my BlackBerry. However, as is true, every Android/WP/iPhone absolutely demolishes my BlackBerry, doesn't it. In the eyes of how I'm seen by an Android user, it's an ancient phone.

Btw, about the pizza one, how BB users see Android users... I don't understand what that's referring to?
    Last edited by Paladinleeds; 01-04-11 at 07:06 PM.
    01-04-11 07:03 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD