I'm sticking with RIM as well...hopefully by the end of the year I'll have a QNX BlackBerry and a PlayBook...
    Hope Springs Eternal.
    01-07-11 08:05 PM
    It doesn't make me any smarter, you're right. But it makes my arguments much more informed and less ignorant than the average BB fan who tries to compare two platforms when they've never had EXTENSIVE experience in both.

I thought my point about ignorance was pretty clear.
    No, the negative aspects of your comments overwhelmed any valid points that YOU thought you might have made. To wit: I dont need to own a particular device in order to know I don't want it, PROVIDED that I've USED it, read about it, and pondered it. I don't have to BUY it in order to know that it isn't for me. I think I made that pretty clear...
    01-07-11 08:11 PM
    I didn't see a Single Candybar QWERTY device with thumbpad navigation at CES, so Staying with Blackberry is the only option, I need function before marketing, and spec pumping is purely marketing, as many Android users on this board admit to running their Androids underclocked.
    lol10char.
    01-07-11 09:19 PM
    I'm gonna go get some pancakes

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-11 09:39 PM
    You owe me 3 seconds! I've read about half a dozen of your posts today, and I want my time back.

Stop trying to hypnotize me...with...that...freakin....
    01-07-11 10:16 PM
    I'm gonna go get some pancakes

had mine this morning lol
    01-07-11 10:17 PM
    I wish I could, but I'm sick of FanDroids saying they have experience when in actual fact, so do BB users. True, I have very limited experience with Android, but I've seen snapshots of it in action. I for one certainly won't be buying a device that doesn't support my accessories. Especially when they're expensive accessories. I mean if I did that, the �170 on accessories that wouldn't be supported has gone down the drain.
    Evidently CB is the one stop place to find out about all devices and all platforms. Doesn't anyone rock a tin can with string anymore?? Ever since BBM my treehouse has gotten pretty friggin' lonely!
    01-07-11 10:27 PM
    Stop trying to hypnotize me...with...that...freakin....
    Muahahahahahahah! That's been my avatar for a lonnnnnng time!

01-07-11 11:12 PM
    After having had an iphone for two years, I got a bold 9700 three months ago. I've never had a blackberry before so nothing is 'old' to me. I won't be leaving blackberry any time soon but that's because I'm in a two year contract

No complaints so far but when my contract finishes I'll get whatever phone I think is best at the time, not because it's an 'Android' or it's a 'Blackberry' or whatever.

I also find it hilarious how seriously people take all this... But discussion is good

01-08-11 07:11 AM
    Wise words from a newbie... welcome to CB!
    01-08-11 10:27 AM
    +1

Anyways, the fact is, I don't need immensely overpowered phones. These underpowered phones do the job just right. Wireless presentations without a laptop using BlackBerry Presenter (accessory) specifically, come show me how Android trumps that using the SAME accessory. It's a �130 accessory, I am NOT dumping �350+ on a device that won't support it. That's not ignorance, that's making use of what extras you have.

I will fully support RIM, as my productivity and synchronity between devices is unmatched by any other device, in my experience. ****, the HTC Desire couldn't even connect to my BlackBerry Stereo Gateway.
    I guess you spending money on those devices that only work with rim products would keep you with bb but them not working with the htc desire is not the htc problem it's because rim didn't support it or am I wrong?

Anyway I like bb but may move on or may not, depends on what is out there when my current bb dies.
    01-08-11 10:54 AM
    I went from a bold 9650 to a droid indredible and back to my bold. The droid was a toy first, phone/messaging device 2nd. The bold is the opposite. Its a phone/messaging device first.

If u prefer a phone primary use to be for fun and games, get yourself a droid or iphone. If you're a business user who needs a dependable device for emails, talk, and messaging, then get a blackberry.

I prefer the blackberry due to its user friendliness and simplicity. I enjoy the one step calling. With the droid, i didnt like the extra steps it takes to make just 1 phone call. I have a holster for my bold. I unholster it and the phone is automatically unlocked. With the droid, I had to unlock it, then had to do 1 or 2 more steps just to make a phone call. If i need to call anyone on my most frequent calls list, I just hold down 1 button and its done. Texting, emailing and bbm is easy as 123 with my BB. The droid was fun for killing time while commuting to work on the train, and as an entertainment device while sitting on the toilet, but a bit too complicated for everyday use that fitted my needs. Not to mention, battery life was horrrible.
    Last edited by dvel916; 01-08-11 at 12:42 PM.
    01-08-11 12:39 PM
    I used to have a mytouch slide. Also had a G1. The swipe thing is annoying though tight at first. This is only my 3rd BB. To each is own. I wasn't looking to create a post for bashing just wanted to see some fellow RIM supporters instead I got you android lovers who troll forums bashing blackberrys. Also for the record I like the evo just think its friggin huge

I found Sywpe aggravating and annoying to use. (For the trolls, I used it for a month, on my own WinMo device.) It's neat, at first...and for me, it didn't become better the more I used it. So, back to BB.

Segueing to the Evo, the Swype virtual keyboard is actually pretty nice. I only had a limited play with it, so I don't know about long term use. Personal preference again, I like the physical keyboard.

"Is that a CD case in your pocket, or did you get an Evo?"
    The Android lovers on CB were here before as BB lovers. Then we saw the light.

Knowing two platforms inside and out = not ignorant (CB's Android lovers)
    Knowing only one platform but bashing another = ignorant (the BB fans I'm referring to - and I'm not talking about EVERY BB fan, sheesh)
    Why backtrack your statement...in the same post as saying Android is "the light"?

And by that logic, "knowing two platforms inside and out" but bashing one makes you...what? Awesome? Sage-like? Knowledge negates bashing? Negativity is cool because you've transcended BB?

I went from a bold 9650 to a droid indredible and back to my bold. The droid was a toy first, phone/messaging device 2nd. The bold is the opposite. Its a phone/messaging device first.

If u prefer a phone primary use to be for fun and games, get yourself a droid or iphone. If you're a business user who needs a dependable device for emails, talk, and messaging, then get a blackberry.

I prefer the blackberry due to its user friendliness and simplicity. I enjoy the one step calling. With the droid, i didnt like the extra steps it takes to make just 1 phone call. I have a holster for my bold. I unholster it and the phone is automatically unlocked. With the droid, I had to unlock it, then had to do 1 or 2 more steps just to make a phone call. If i need to call anyone on my most frequent calls list, I just hold down 1 button and its done. Texting, emailing and bbm is easy as 123 with my BB. The droid was fun for killing time while commuting to work on the train, and as an entertainment device while sitting on the toilet, but a bit too complicated for everyday use that fitted my needs. Not to mention, battery life was horrrible.
    Put your flame suit on

For almost the exact same reasons, I went BB -> WinMo -> and came running back to BB.
    01-08-11 01:54 PM
    I can't leave my BlackBerry because of my free BIS. I can surf,chat,email etc for free. If I switch to an iphone or a windows mobile phone...goodbye free surfing.
    01-08-11 07:22 PM
    Android users keep getting hype over these new phone that once they get they just complain complain complain (even the evo). Sorry sound button apps just aren't for me

i have a friend that just got a andriod and is having trouble getting his emails. lol i will be staying with Blackberry for now and see what they come up with. if i can get OS6 for my 9650 i will be happy. i know there are some already out but i am waiting for my carrier to roll out OS6.
    Last edited by jerry12; 01-08-11 at 07:41 PM.
    01-08-11 07:37 PM
    People should use what they want. Obviously.

However, the BB fans in these types of threads are ignorant because they obviously have never used another platform ala Android and start making negative statements that show they've never used them.

Not to mention they're ignorant of their own platform when they spout the benefits of a BB - like how the Torch actually has less battery life than some high-end and high-powered Android devices, and yet battery life is BB's king domain to these folks (lesson: if your non-touch phone does less and is less featured, less powered, etc, no it's going to have more battery life).

That's pretty much the definition of ignorance - which is pretty much on full display these days because BB fans tend to be the most jaded about their phones. Hence why these threads exist.
    don't call us name's ( ignorance ) i payed for my phone not you and you buy what you want and i will do the same.
    01-08-11 07:50 PM
    I love hanging out with people with Android phones. Halfway through the day, they are at 10% battery life. Yeap, great screen and animated weather icons, but your battery life is abismal at best. Keep downloading apps to do what my BB will do out of the box.

I am staying with BlackBerry. It gets the job done, and done with a beautiful phone, with a really bright LED (BerryBuzz), multiple push email accounts, profiles, AutoText, and a solid OS. Oh, and the battery. Thank you for the battery life. I appreciate it.
    A friend went from a 8330 to a droid X and says the battery life is about the same. I get great batt life with my bold as long as I don't use the web. It takes sooooooo long to render pages that it kills battery! But good news!! As soon as I leave bb qnx will come and BB will be back in the game cause that's usually how things go for me lol
    01-08-11 07:56 PM
    I'm sticking with my berry because it does what I need and I don't care about specs.

01-08-11 08:53 PM
    I'm sticking with my berry because it does what I need and I don't care about specs.

^^^^ ditto for me as well. Also, I use what device WORKS FOR ME.

01-08-11 09:08 PM
    If half of the couples in the world applied this type of commitment, the divorce rate would go down drastically.
    01-08-11 09:10 PM
    I use my Droid as a phone first, but when I like to have fun, I'm able to have fun. This couldn't be said of my two BlackBerrys.
    01-08-11 09:11 PM
    I use my Droid as a phone first, but when I like to have fun, I'm able to have fun. This couldn't be said of my two BlackBerrys.
    I have to switch to my Touch for fun too. I even tried to play a scrabble-like game on the Storm, but it's so awful, as to be essentially unusable, due to the interface and size of the screen elements.
    01-08-11 09:37 PM
    I agree with Jake Storm my 9780 is a great phone and i will be just fine with that phone until new generation bb's come out with qnx os. as someone who has had a android phone they are SO overrated.
    01-08-11 10:27 PM
    BB for life.. tried other platforms only to come back again, I thought BB 9000 was the best berry but then came 9700.. man this phone is tanker on a single charge it used to get me 2-3 days on a heavy to moderate usage, my brother game me a Torch and that enhanced BB experience even more and it is second to none in my opinion and is one of the best smartphone in the market..looking forward for the playbook, bring it on RIM..

Security is my main concern, my phone has every thing emails, passwords, contacts etc and I think BB is the only device which has encrypts the on board data and even if I loose it I will not be too bothered.
    01-08-11 10:44 PM
    I *would get the Storm 3 *if there was such a thing! But I'm concerned that even if there is by March, the browser won't be much of an improvement over what I have on my Tour. I'm sick of clicking on links and not being able to see the webpages!

?? 9630's browser is not a webkit version but the all the current gen devices are going to ship with an updated webkit browser(torch mobile) which is a modern day browser and is the same as you find in iOS or android
    01-08-11 11:06 PM
87 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD