People should use what they want. Obviously.

However, the BB fans in these types of threads are ignorant because they obviously have never used another platform ala Android and start making negative statements that show they've never used them.

Not to mention they're ignorant of their own platform when they spout the benefits of a BB - like how the Torch actually has less battery life than some high-end and high-powered Android devices, and yet battery life is BB's king domain to these folks (lesson: if your non-touch phone does less and is less featured, less powered, etc, no $#iT it's going to have more battery life).

That's pretty much the definition of ignorance - which is pretty much on full display these days because BB fans tend to be the most jaded about their phones. Hence why these threads exist.
    I have tried Android, iOS, and Windows Mobile pre 7, and I guess I am a BB fan like you mentioned. Don't assume that because some of choose BB, we have never used the other platforms out there. I tried them all, and settled back on BB. For ME, it works. I don't care about anyone else, but for me, it is what I need to get the job done.

You mention less features. I am confused as to what that means. So I don't have animated weather or sliding screens? So I have less features?
    01-07-11 12:27 PM
    I have tried Android, iOS, and Windows Mobile pre 7, and I guess I am a BB fan like you mentioned. Don't assume that because some of choose BB, we have never used the other platforms out there. I tried them all, and settled back on BB. For ME, it works. I don't care about anyone else, but for me, it is what I need to get the job done.

You mention less features. I am confused as to what that means. So I don't have animated weather or sliding screens? So I have less features?
    You (and I) definitely have fewer fart apps...
    01-07-11 03:13 PM
    I'd like to stick with RIM..but there's nothing to upgrade to on VZW. I've had my Tour for 2 years now. It's time to upgrade. I guess it's just timing but I'm going to have to go Android.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-11 03:16 PM
    I'd like to stick with RIM..but there's nothing to upgrade to on VZW. I've had my Tour for 2 years now. It's time to upgrade. I guess it's just timing but I'm going to have to go Android.

+1 the rumored Storm3 isn't getting my money. Droid is the way to go if you want a real touchscreen experience.
    01-07-11 03:19 PM
    I *would get the Storm 3 *if there was such a thing! But I'm concerned that even if there is by March, the browser won't be much of an improvement over what I have on my Tour. I'm sick of clicking on links and not being able to see the webpages!

01-07-11 03:25 PM
    People should use what they want. Obviously.

However, the BB fans in these types of threads are ignorant because they obviously have never used another platform ala Android and start making negative statements that show they've never used them.

Not to mention they're ignorant of their own platform when they spout the benefits of a BB - like how the Torch actually has less battery life than some high-end and high-powered Android devices, and yet battery life is BB's king domain to these folks (lesson: if your non-touch phone does less and is less featured, less powered, etc, no $#iT it's going to have more battery life).

That's pretty much the definition of ignorance - which is pretty much on full display these days because BB fans tend to be the most jaded about their phones. Hence why these threads exist.
    I used to have a mytouch slide. Also had a G1. The swipe thing is annoying though tight at first. This is only my 3rd BB. To each is own. I wasn't looking to create a post for bashing just wanted to see some fellow RIM supporters instead I got you android lovers who troll forums bashing blackberrys. Also for the record I like the evo just think its friggin huge

01-07-11 03:29 PM
    Um, I'm not an Android lover. I want to support RIM. There's just nothing out there right now, or in the near future to support. After two years with a device, and upgrade time is here what do you expect? Wait another year for RIM to release something? Personally I am going to upgrade shortly after my two year contract is up. If there's a new touch screen BlackBerry, great. That doesn't seem to be happening though. So it's almost as if there's no choice but to switch away from RIM sadly.

01-07-11 03:36 PM
    Um, I'm not an Android lover. I want to support RIM. There's just nothing out there right now, or in the near future to support. After two years with a device, and upgrade time is here what do you expect? Wait another year for RIM to release something? Personally I am going to upgrade shortly after my two year contract is up. If there's a new touch screen BlackBerry, great. That doesn't seem to be happening though. So it's almost as if there's no choice but to switch away from RIM sadly.

Your post could have been written by me, Chrisy.
    01-07-11 03:38 PM
    Co-signed then. I'm very torn is all. Lol. Look at us now. Weren't we fighting yesterday?

01-07-11 03:40 PM
    Co-signed then. I'm very torn is all. Lol. Look at us now. Weren't we fighting yesterday?

were we? if so, that's water under the proverbial bridge.

EDIT: oh, yeah, I was out of line and apologized. (it's all coming back to me now)
    01-07-11 03:43 PM
    I hear another new Pearl is coming out followed by a new Curve. They both have blackberry messenger and a 2.0 mp camera. That is some cool technology on the horizon. Good job, RIM.
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    01-07-11 03:47 PM
    I hear another new Pearl is coming out followed by a new Curve. They both have blackberry messenger and a 2.0 mp camera. That is some cool technology on the horizon. Good job, RIM.
    LOL. That was a great example of sarcasm. well done!
    01-07-11 03:49 PM
    Aren't they recycling Storm again? Rumors of 9570 are ramping up again. I'm sure it will rival it's underwhelming predecessors.

oh, yeah, I was out of line
    Shocking
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 01-07-11 at 04:06 PM.
    01-07-11 03:59 PM
    Sorry, but if you're sticking with RIM you haven't been paying attention to what's going on at CES. So far all we have seen on the front pages of CB are one announcement after the next about this stupid PlayBook (and I still don't get the point of these tablets).

Go to Android Central and see what's going on over there. It's one amazing phone announcement after the next. Dual and Single core 1ghz processors galore. LTE phones... and the less said about that beautiful new Samsung 4G phone the better. All that AND a bunch of new android tablets if you're in to the tablet thing

All I can say is you can keep this outdated and boring RIM crap. As soon as my AT&T contract is up in June VZW and whoever has the best Android phone will be getting my money. Bye bye BlackBerry. Hello future.
    I didn't see a Single Candybar QWERTY device with thumbpad navigation at CES, so Staying with Blackberry is the only option, I need function before marketing, and spec pumping is purely marketing, as many Android users on this board admit to running their Androids underclocked.
    01-07-11 05:08 PM
    I'm very satisfied with my 9650. I did not like the Droid 1 that I tried. It was ok, but it was not for me. And I'm REAL excited for the coming Playbook! I'm sticking with RIM also.
    TGoblin likes this.
    01-07-11 05:09 PM
    I used to have a mytouch slide. Also had a G1. The swipe thing is annoying though tight at first. This is only my 3rd BB. To each is own. I wasn't looking to create a post for bashing just wanted to see some fellow RIM supporters instead I got you android lovers who troll forums bashing blackberrys. Also for the record I like the evo just think its friggin huge

The Android lovers on CB were here before as BB lovers. Then we saw the light.

Knowing two platforms inside and out = not ignorant (CB's Android lovers)
    Knowing only one platform but bashing another = ignorant (the BB fans I'm referring to - and I'm not talking about EVERY BB fan, sheesh)
    01-07-11 05:17 PM
    The Android lovers on CB were here before as BB lovers. Then we saw the light.

Knowing two platforms inside and out = not ignorant (CB's Android lovers)
    Knowing only one platform but bashing another = ignorant (the BB fans I'm referring to - and I'm not talking about EVERY BB fan, sheesh)
    Just because you have owned both a BB and an Android doesn't make you one scintilla smarter than someone who doesn't even OWN a cell phone. Enough with the brash, self-serving, cocky, condescending BS. that's as misguided as thinking someone with 5000 posts is "smarter" or more knowledgeable about a forum's subject matter, than someone with a post count of ONE. If ML came to CB one day, would you diss him because he hasn't owned an Android, AND he has a low post count?
    01-07-11 05:45 PM
    Just because you have owned both a BB and an Android doesn't make you one scintilla smarter than someone who doesn't even OWN a cell phone. Enough with the brash, self-serving, cocky, condescending BS. that's as misguided as thinking someone with 5000 posts is "smarter" or more knowledgeable about a forum's subject matter, than someone with a post count of ONE. If ML came to CB one day, would you diss him because he hasn't owned an Android, AND he has a low post count?
    +1

Anyways, the fact is, I don't need immensely overpowered phones. These underpowered phones do the job just right. Wireless presentations without a laptop using BlackBerry Presenter (accessory) specifically, come show me how Android trumps that using the SAME accessory. It's a �130 accessory, I am NOT dumping �350+ on a device that won't support it. That's not ignorance, that's making use of what extras you have.

I will fully support RIM, as my productivity and synchronity between devices is unmatched by any other device, in my experience. ****, the HTC Desire couldn't even connect to my BlackBerry Stereo Gateway.
    01-07-11 05:50 PM
    Please stop this RIM vs ANDROiD threads it serves no purpose.

01-07-11 06:04 PM

Welcome to CB! Save your breath and just "call out" the worst offenders. You'll never stop the "a Chevy is better than a Ford is better than a [insert third make here] talk. Or "my dad can beat up your dad".
    01-07-11 06:10 PM

I wish I could, but I'm sick of FanDroids saying they have experience when in actual fact, so do BB users. True, I have very limited experience with Android, but I've seen snapshots of it in action. I for one certainly won't be buying a device that doesn't support my accessories. Especially when they're expensive accessories. I mean if I did that, the �170 on accessories that wouldn't be supported has gone down the drain.
    01-07-11 06:12 PM
    i meant to tell u cliff lee looked better in a texas ranger uniform. lol
    01-07-11 06:29 PM
    For God's sake, it's a bloody PHONE. With all the problems we have in this world at the moment, does it matter what phone you have?

As long as your phone suits you, please get a life and stop all this bashing.
    01-07-11 06:51 PM
    It doesn't make me any smarter, you're right. But it makes my arguments much more informed and less ignorant than the average BB fan who tries to compare two platforms when they've never had EXTENSIVE experience in both.

I thought my point about ignorance was pretty clear.
    01-07-11 07:10 PM
    I'm sticking with RIM as well...hopefully by the end of the year I'll have a QNX BlackBerry and a PlayBook...
    01-07-11 08:02 PM
87 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD