Keep your face chat keep your sloppy keyboards keep your terrible battery life. Your bad email apps. I'm going to stay with blackberry through out there's just somethings you can't beat about RIM. I'm very happy with the newest OS and when QNX hardware is there I'll be even more amazed

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-11 11:25 PM
    Okay....good to know!

01-06-11 11:26 PM
    I'm going to android because of that snapdragon processor! Not!

01-06-11 11:28 PM
    I'm going to iphone for more fart apps.

Kidding. My 9780 will be fine until the QNX phones show up.
    twelvezero8 likes this.
    01-06-11 11:37 PM
    Sorry, but if you're sticking with RIM you haven't been paying attention to what's going on at CES. So far all we have seen on the front pages of CB are one announcement after the next about this stupid PlayBook (and I still don't get the point of these tablets).

Go to Android Central and see what's going on over there. It's one amazing phone announcement after the next. Dual and Single core 1ghz processors galore. LTE phones... and the less said about that beautiful new Samsung 4G phone the better. All that AND a bunch of new android tablets if you're in to the tablet thing

All I can say is you can keep this outdated and boring RIM crap. As soon as my AT&T contract is up in June VZW and whoever has the best Android phone will be getting my money. Bye bye BlackBerry. Hello future.
    01-06-11 11:52 PM
    Android users keep getting hype over these new phone that once they get they just complain complain complain (even the evo). Sorry sound button apps just aren't for me

01-07-11 12:09 AM
    Android users keep getting hype over these new phone that once they get they just complain complain complain (even the evo). Sorry sound button apps just aren't for me

But even what's currently on the market is so far superior to what RIM is currently offering. Whenever a friend of mine comes to visit I refuse to give his Droid 2 back to him. I hate the sight of my 9700 after playing with that phone.
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    01-07-11 12:13 AM
    I love hanging out with people with Android phones. Halfway through the day, they are at 10% battery life. Yeap, great screen and animated weather icons, but your battery life is abismal at best. Keep downloading apps to do what my BB will do out of the box.

I am staying with BlackBerry. It gets the job done, and done with a beautiful phone, with a really bright LED (BerryBuzz), multiple push email accounts, profiles, AutoText, and a solid OS. Oh, and the battery. Thank you for the battery life. I appreciate it.
    01-07-11 12:56 AM
    Sorry, but if you're sticking with RIM you haven't been paying attention to what's going on at CES. So far all we have seen on the front pages of CB are one announcement after the next about this stupid PlayBook (and I still don't get the point of these tablets).

Go to Android Central and see what's going on over there. It's one amazing phone announcement after the next. Dual and Single core 1ghz processors galore. LTE phones... and the less said about that beautiful new Samsung 4G phone the better. All that AND a bunch of new android tablets if you're in to the tablet thing

All I can say is you can keep this outdated and boring RIM crap. As soon as my AT&T contract is up in June VZW and whoever has the best Android phone will be getting my money. Bye bye BlackBerry. Hello future.
    That's because many different companies make Android os phones. Best of luck on your new phone choice and I hope it suits you. I will stick with my BB, but respect all others.

01-07-11 12:59 AM
    I love hanging out with people with Android phones. Halfway through the day, they are at 10% battery life. Yeap, great screen and animated weather icons, but your battery life is abismal at best. Keep downloading apps to do what my BB will do out of the box.

I am staying with BlackBerry. It gets the job done, and done with a beautiful phone, with a really bright LED (BerryBuzz), multiple push email accounts, profiles, AutoText, and a solid OS. Oh, and the battery. Thank you for the battery life. I appreciate it.
    Heavy... You're the man. I'm tired of this RIM bashing. We don't go to their forums and say "you have crappy battery life, email, etc." But they do here. I guess being second to iphone would give one a little man complex.

01-07-11 01:01 AM
    And yes a jailbroken iPhone4 destroys any droid phone out there trolls. Even stock its better.

If BB didn't exist I'd only have an iphone... No droid or winmo, but respect peoples choices and everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

01-07-11 01:03 AM
    Heavy... You're the man. I'm tired of this RIM bashing. We don't go to their forums and say "you have crappy battery life, email, etc." But they do here. I guess being second to iphone would give one a little man complex.

He's the "man"? His main point concerns Android battery life. I don't download apps (lol do we have any to download?) And my 9700 only lasts half the work day with OS6.

01-07-11 01:17 AM

BB fans just have lower standards I guess. More power to them.

Android actually does email better than BB's, and the Torch has worse battery life than the Droid X despite it being less powerful.

Oh and the fastest mobile typing contest was won with an Android keyboard called Swype. So Android actually has a more efficient and better keyboard than BB.

Sorry to burst your bubble of "battery life, email, and keyboard."

Ignorance is truly bliss for BB fans.
    01-07-11 01:21 AM
    BB fans just have lower standards I guess. More power to them.

Android actually does email better than BB's, and the Torch has worse battery life than the Droid X despite it being less powerful.

Oh and the fastest mobile typing contest was won with an Android keyboard called Swype. So Android actually has a more efficient and better keyboard than BB.

Sorry to burst your bubble of "battery life, email, and keyboard."

Ignorance is truly bliss for BB fans.
    I'll admit swype is pretty tight. My mom has a droid, I just prefer BB's. Liked my 3GS I had, but came back to my 9700.

But calling us ignorant for what we choose to use? Come on now, we are adults so let's all (including me) stop bashing each other. They are just phones after all.

01-07-11 03:03 AM
    He's the "man"? His main point concerns Android battery life. I don't download apps (lol do we have any to download?) And my 9700 only lasts half the work day with OS6.

I didn't say he was just because of this post in this thread. I've read many a post of his so I usually agree with what he has to say.

01-07-11 03:04 AM

Bye Bye now
    01-07-11 03:16 AM

Yes, because NO ONE complains about Blackberry!
    01-07-11 03:20 AM
    Nothing beats RIM No pun intended :P
    01-07-11 03:27 AM
    For now, I would say RIM is doing fine. Yes they have less apps but their products are good. Well, I am definitely sticking to RIM as my main phone but for secondary phone, Android will be quite good

01-07-11 06:41 AM
    I like tea but hate coffee. All you coffee lovers are ignorant and need to get a life and start drinking tea.

Ain't it nice there is something for everyone to like. Just because I like tea doesn't make me want to convert everyone else to tea and think there is something wrong with other people that drink coffee.

I think there is room for everyone and for you other device users if you're not bashing etc. I enjoy reading what other platforms bring to the table. And the bb users that switched and are still helpful please stick around, I and others might need your wisedom.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 01-07-11 at 07:16 AM. Reason: fix typo
    01-07-11 07:15 AM
    And yes a jailbroken iPhone4 destroys any droid phone out there trolls. Even stock its better.

If BB didn't exist I'd only have an iphone... No droid or winmo, but respect peoples choices and everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

I have to disagree--if phone-call reliability is high on one's list, the Jesus phone on AT&T is not a great choice. It also has a CRAPPY speaker--not loud enough for using in even slightly noisy environments. For non-phone uses, it's great; but as a PHONE? No way.
    01-07-11 08:52 AM
    I'll admit swype is pretty tight. My mom has a droid, I just prefer BB's. Liked my 3GS I had, but came back to my 9700.

But calling us ignorant for what we choose to use? Come on now, we are adults so let's all (including me) stop bashing each other. They are just phones after all.

People should use what they want. Obviously.

However, the BB fans in these types of threads are ignorant because they obviously have never used another platform ala Android and start making negative statements that show they've never used them.

Not to mention they're ignorant of their own platform when they spout the benefits of a BB - like how the Torch actually has less battery life than some high-end and high-powered Android devices, and yet battery life is BB's king domain to these folks (lesson: if your non-touch phone does less and is less featured, less powered, etc, no it's going to have more battery life).

That's pretty much the definition of ignorance - which is pretty much on full display these days because BB fans tend to be the most jaded about their phones. Hence why these threads exist.
    Last edited by alby4ever; 01-07-11 at 10:02 AM.
    howarmat likes this.
    01-07-11 09:59 AM
    People should use what they want. Obviously.

However, the BB fans in these types of threads are ignorant because they obviously have never used another platform ala Android and start making negative statements that show they've never used them.

Not to mention they're ignorant of their own platform when they spout the benefits of a BB - like how the Torch actually has less battery life than some high-end and high-powered Android devices, and yet battery life is BB's king domain to these folks (lesson: if your phone does less and is less featured, less powered, etc, no it's going to have more battery life).

That's pretty much the definition of ignorance - which is pretty much on full display these days because BB fans tend to be the most jaded about their phones. Hence why these threads exist.
    Define "BB fan". I own a BB, yet I don't consider myself a "fan". I've used other devices. I'm not married to RIM. I'll LIKELY have an Android this spring. Throwing around terms like "ignorant" doesn't further the discussing, unless you feel furthering it means having a pissing match.
    01-07-11 10:05 AM
    Yes, because NO ONE complains about Blackberry!
    You owe me 3 seconds! I've read about half a dozen of your posts today, and I want my time back.

pkcable and Ferretling like this.
    01-07-11 10:20 AM
    You owe me 3 seconds! I've read about half a dozen of your posts today, and I want my time back.

LOL! too funny!!
    01-07-11 10:31 AM
87 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD