Here's my take on the choice, as I am facing it myself: in the first place it's really a choice between staying on a BBOS device and moving to something new. One of your options is the Bold 9900, which has already been mentioned. If you like the BBOS you are already familiar with, it's a great choice. Whatever happens with BBRY the company - and that is far from certain at this point - the NOC will likely not go dark any time soon.

The other choice is learning something completely different - including BB10. This is where I part company with much of the rest of CrackBerry. My take on this is that you have to look at the current market and figure out which of four ecosystems - iPhone, Android, Windows phone, and BB10 - is the best tool for what you need to get done. No rose colored fanyboy glasses, every option has its merits and its shortcomings. For me the main differentiator is the keyboard on the Q10, but absent a hard requirement for that physical keyboard, it is by no means certain that BB10 is the best option.

Even though I could replace my BBOS phone today, I am choosing to defer the decision a while longer, mainly due to the ongoing uncertainty surrounding BBRY the company. This is where a little patience will pay dividends. We should find out soon what direction the new leadership will take, and how (whether?) BB10 will be maintained and supported going forward. Even then however, it is far from certain to me that BB10 would be the BEST choice out there.
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    11-05-13 07:53 AM
    You can choose whatever phone you want mate. Android, iPhone and BlackBerry do all of what you mentioned and there isn't much difference between them, except apps. If I was you I would go and try out different phones and find out which os works best for you. Don't feel like you have to stay with BlackBerry, go out and explore the world of phones and find one that will make you happy!
    Do however enquire about battery life because there are a few phones out there with pretty poor battery life. Enjoy the journey!

Posted via CB10
    Spencerdl and Unbiased Tech like this.
    11-05-13 07:55 AM
    BlackBerry Maps has gotten me wherever I have needed to go countless times. It is a solid GPS alternative.
    11-05-13 08:03 AM
    I am going to the Samsung, possibly the Note 3 as I like what Samsung has added.
    11-05-13 08:08 AM
    You can choose whatever phone you want mate. Android, iPhone and BlackBerry do all of what you mentioned and there isn't much difference between them, except apps. If I was you I would go and try out different phones and find out which os works best for you. Don't feel like you have to stay with BlackBerry, go out and explore the world of phones and find one that will make you happy!
    Do however enquire about battery life because there are a few phones out there with pretty poor battery life. Enjoy the journey!

Posted via CB10
    Exactly this, RESEARCH is the best thing to do ....keep doing it .....SMILE
    11-05-13 08:08 AM
    Step away from the dysfunction. I left after Thor blew the US launch last March. I got tired of the lies. I went with a Samsung Note 2 phone and Note 10.1 tablet. WOW, what a difference, things WORK, battery life is insane, since I've had it not once has the phone locked, rebooted or crashed. All the things I've been wanting to do for YEARS I could now do. No more excuses, no more lies, just pure happiness. Now does my note 2 handle email as well as my old BB's, nope, and that took some getting used to. But the new BB's do not work like the old ones, all the good things about BB mail are toast. BB did not retain the things that made them great. BB is dead, period. I hung on wayyyyyy too long as it was. Make the change, believe me you wont regret it.
    11-05-13 08:21 AM
    Get a Samsung Galaxy phone like I did. Blackberry's future is entirely too uncertain to invest in now. That's my personal opinion. Everyone here will say Blackberry because they are blind die-hards. I am still a Blackberry fan but just can't invest in them right now, so I would go Samsung. and the fact that BBM is cross platform now means you will still keep your contacts. Camera is better, apps are available, there's ZERO uncertainty
    11-05-13 08:27 AM
    The Z30 is your best bet. The battery life and the Speaker quality of the Z10 won't cut it for you. It also has a bigger screen for a more spacious version of the Z10 keyboard.

All in all, any weak points of the Z10 are gone with the Z30. But you will likely have to pay up front for it.

And yes I so recommend it ahead of the Samsung based on how you said you use your phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 08:27 AM
    I am continually amazed that people ask this question on a BlackBerry fan site. What do you think people are going to say- don't buy it? This site would tell you to buy a BlackBerry if they were exploding in their ears. I personally am very disappointed in my q10. The browser is lagging with the chronic spinning circle. The map apps cannot be relied upon. Contrary to popular belief, this is not the greatest operating system ever made for the most awesome phone ever created. Wake up and smell the coffee! There are real reasons these phones didn't sell. I'm sure that someone will suggest my experience will be better with the latest LEAKED download of a newer OS, etc. I'm not interested in leaked/sideloaded anything. If the stupid phone won't work right at the price it was, it is worthless. For everyday work/professional requirements, I still have to rely on my iphone5. I suggest you go to the store and play with the different phones to see what meets your needs. No one can tell you what to buy. With other systems, you have more choices. At the end of the day, that is a lot. I think these phones are overpriced for what they can actually do, and I am in good company- look at the sales.

Posted via CB10
    You mention laggy Q10 web browsing -I'm really noticing it after the 10.2 official update!

Happy the browser bar hides though ;-)

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 11:04 AM
    I don't have to prove anything to you or the OP. I've already proven something to myself- I actually bought the phone and used it rather than asking people on a fan site what I should do like a child. So sorry you are so offended over my comments about a phone- grow up.

Posted via CB10
    You are right and absolutely entitled to your opinion - free speech and all that.

Just ignore the more irritable comments.

Posted via CB10
    bbq10l likes this.
    11-05-13 11:07 AM
    I believe it is the Iphone that explodes! There are more other phone users on this site that Blackberry users,. I came from Motorola and if their is something wrong with my phone I will be the first to say it and very loudly. The Z10 Blackberry browser tests 485 out of 500 with 11 bonus points. Not perfect but the best in the the business first place Blackberry 10
    That's a compatibility test - real world usage will vary.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 11:08 AM
    Personally I don't think I can manage with one device. I use a blackberry for emails and heavy texting which I do a lot on bbm and what's app. However I do use another phone along with it, which happens to be an android phone, for browsing, picture taking and editing and also gaming. Once I tried the HTC desire Z which had a slide out keyboard and a large screen but the typing was not as good as a BlackBerry keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 11:17 AM
    Personally I don't think I can manage with one device. I use a blackberry for emails and heavy texting which I do a lot on bbm and what's app. However I do use another phone along with it, which happens to be an android phone, for browsing, picture taking and editing and also gaming. Once I tried the HTC desire Z which had a slide out keyboard and a large screen but the typing was not as good as a BlackBerry keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    The Z30 if it had apps would probably be able to be your all in one. IF only BlackBerry had jumped on those apps. I don't care how much money they tried to extort, pay them!
    11-05-13 11:19 AM
    Sounds like you are in the market for a Z30. I use a Q10 but it sounds to me like you do enough browsing and the like with your phone that it would be worth it to you to go with the new flagship device. I think the galaxy is a fine phone, but it is android. The new OS for BlackBerry is terrific-you will notice the difference right away.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 11:30 AM
    My bad boys

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 11:31 AM
    The best smartphone is the BlackBerry Z30 period. You will love it.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30.
    11-05-13 11:39 AM
    BlackBerry fans are the most loyal of all, and the "opinions" you will get here at CrackBerry will be 97% skewed toward a BlackBerry device. The only one who can truly guide you on what the right device for YOU is YOU. Go try them out, do the research on the features and apps you need now (and can foresee needing or wanting in the near future), get the facts, and try to leave the personal opinions of people you don't know out of the process.
    Poirots Progeny and Speedygi like this.
    11-05-13 11:51 AM
42 12