Hey Everyone,

I've just finished reading some disturbing threads where it was all just bashing the OP because of a bad experience. I've been around this site for about 10 years even though my post count is low. The culture here has taken a huge turn for the worse imo. There seems to be less and less helpful posts and responses the last little while.

We are all here as fans of blackberry and to share issues, experiences and solutions together. We gotta quit feeding the trolls and help clean this place up as I feel it's getting out of control.

Sorry guys. Just a rant.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 11:16 PM
    Pics or it didn't happen op!!!

LOL jk sorry I had to I agree but I cannot say I haven't had my share. At least in my case I only go after the nonsense not someone who's doing it wrong. This is a community and we are also here for help.

Right Leo???

State of CrackBerry-leonardo-dicaprio-okay-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-655.jpg

Idk why this post did what it did but it did it. And idk how to fix it. Sry
    Attached Thumbnails State of CrackBerry-leonardo-dicaprio-okay-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-655.jpg  
    03-12-13 11:21 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=781014

That thread for one was full of nonsense

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-12-13 11:29 PM
    Yep. Well this is awkward... I'm definitely guilty on that one...
    03-12-13 11:35 PM
    Hey Everyone,

I've just finished reading some disturbing threads where it was all just bashing the OP because of a bad experience. I've been around this site for about 10 years even though my post count is low. The culture here has taken a huge turn for the worse imo. There seems to be less and less helpful posts and responses the last little while.

We are all here as fans of blackberry and to share issues, experiences and solutions together. We gotta quit feeding the trolls and help clean this place up as I feel it's getting out of control.

Sorry guys. Just a rant.

Posted via CB10
    I'm with you in sentiment, but I'm just sayin . . . . .

State of CrackBerry-justsayin.png
    Attached Thumbnails State of CrackBerry-justsayin.png  
    03-12-13 11:38 PM
    CrackBerry Nation.... get along y'all!!

PS. I love that sonicwheeler has been around here for almost 10 years, as the site only launched 6 years ago! Now that's hardcore... saw the future
    PH_BB, tjseaman, Elite1 and 9 others like this.
    03-12-13 11:39 PM
    LOL. Kevin I wanted to say that about cb because I'm pretty sure I had just graduated from high school when cb came out but I was like, nawwwwww. Maybe I'm wrong. Lol nice
    03-12-13 11:39 PM
    Ps. Way to hijack the thread kevin.
    And PSS. Is this thread effing up for anyone else? Like double posts???
    03-12-13 11:42 PM
    1. Account join date and how long a person has been following a site have nothing to do with each other. Many people just read the forums, with no intentions of posting.

2. Between the time of BlackBerry falling from grace and now, BlackBerry has taken a beating. A lot of fans are just tired of people hating, even it 100% justified anger. It's hard for someone not to snap back at someone who says something about something they enjoy. I've done it plenty of times. It's natural.

Just like you have to ignore the people who post garbage troll bait, ignore the fans who are blinded by BlackBerry.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    03-12-13 11:43 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=781014

That thread for one was full of nonsense

Posted via CB10
    Concur. couldn't get past first few lines of OP. But looked to be simply an overly complicated cry for help, and that's one of the great resources CrackBerry and CrackBerrians supply!
    03-12-13 11:43 PM

PS. I love that sonicwheeler has been around here for almost 10 years, as the site only launched 6 years ago! Now that's hardcore... saw the future
    what I meant - see CrackBerry history for start date of CB.
    03-12-13 11:45 PM
    1. Account join date and how long a person has been following a site have nothing to do with each other. Many people just read the forums, with no intentions of posting.

2. Between the time of BlackBerry falling from grace and now, BlackBerry has taken a beating. A lot of fans are just tired of people hating, even it 100% justified anger. It's hard for someone not to snap back at someone who says something about something they enjoy. I've done it plenty of times. It's natural.

Just like you have to ignore the people who post garbage troll bait, ignore the fans who are blinded by BlackBerry.
    Speaking of join date - I wonder if there is a way to track down my original sign up - maybe 2009 or 2008 . . . . lurked from pretty early on (not the beginning, though) joined, then was out of the loop for a year or two.
    03-12-13 11:49 PM
    Speaking of join date - I wonder if there is a way to track down my original sign up - maybe 2009 or 2008 . . . . lurked from pretty early on (not the beginning, though) joined, then was out of the loop for a year or two.
    According to your profile, you joined Jan 2010
    03-12-13 11:52 PM
    Did you have a different username first then?

If you really want to know, you can always email [email protected] .
    03-12-13 11:55 PM
    Actually, email [email protected] or [email protected]. [email protected] goes to the ecommerce team for ShopCrackBerry enquiries
    jesse_h likes this.
    03-13-13 12:20 AM
    Hey Everyone,

Sorry guys. Just a rant.

Posted via CB10
    Yep there HAS been some bashing going on lately ... best way to deal with it ? Ignore it. But if cant do that ? Report it. (little triangle in top right corner of the message).

Good luck ! And enjoy the site. . . . there is a lot of good going on too
    el_excelsior likes this.
    03-13-13 12:26 AM
    With our community you can truly see that there is a passionate drive, which is great! The only thing I feel we can improve on as a community is channelling that passion into positive discussion and positive constructive criticism for times we may falter. After all it is a forum for everybody
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-13-13 12:28 AM
    Did you have a different username first then?

If you really want to know, you can always email [email protected] .
    Yeah - I'm gonna try that and see if I can remember or maybe at least remember old email address I used.
    03-13-13 09:03 PM

Funny, I live close to "Florence Y'all." That is the town slogan.

There has been much good news today. Great day for BlackBerry.

Argued with an abrasive person on Huffington Post about how well BB has been lead.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-13-13 09:34 PM
    I'd love to track down my original join date/account too, all I know is I had a Hotmail account.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 09:39 PM
    I think what was funny in this case was how OP mentioned that he's been looking at the site for 10 years when even by Kevin's account it's only been up for 6. Great Scott!! OP knew of Kevin and his Crackberry intentions even before Kevin himself!

no...

Oh I know! Maybe OP is a dog! From 2009 till now is a long time in dog years. I mean 4 human years is almost 30 years, but I think OP wanted to make his post more credible to non-believers so he rounded down to 10. It all makes sense now!

So sorry for doubting you buddy! (OP)
    03-13-13 09:57 PM
    I like how most of you missed the whole idea of this thread and are focusing on one thing that doesn't mean anything. 10 years or 6 years. Who cares? Point is the culture is changing around here and I personally am tires of all complaining and bashing around here. But I digress.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 10:15 PM
    I get it and you do have a point in that there is a change in tone on the forums.
    Yes people are being more defensive, but they have every right to be when even now a lot of flak, bs, bait is being flung about by posters new and old. Our BS detectors are on high.

I don't think anyone has specifically expressed refusal to help anyone who requires assistance. But you see there's a difference between coming in earnest asking for assistance, and ranting and complaining while making accusations and/or titling a thread with the intention to mislead. I don't care if it's in the heat of the moment or "just my opinion". If going out on a limb to flame expect a pushback.

Toughlove: It ain't going to be any different no matter where you go, any argument against that is delusion I'm sorry to say. It's called the internet.

Admission: Things did get out of hand in that thread though. Let's hope this will not become a common occurrence.
    Attached Thumbnails State of CrackBerry-1346209414735.jpg  
    03-13-13 10:38 PM
    You objectively stated that bashing has become more prevalent, then the site owner focuses on something that's pretty much irrelevant in you post and discredits you. The site culture comes from the top...
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    sonicwheeler likes this.
    03-13-13 10:41 PM
  25. Professional_Tickle_Fighter's Avatar
    Unfortunately many BlackBerry users suffer from "Small man Syndrome". It can be tough to be around sometimes.

I agree with OP. The silent majority can see how you come to that point of view, but it's tough to do much about it

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 11:38 PM
28 12