I have a pink Pearl 8130. Love, love, love this Blackberry. I had a PDA and cellphone that I tried carrying around for a few weeks and that did not work for me.

I have four kids, two with multiple medical issues and I keep our lives organized on my Pearl.

Why am I upset? This is so stupid! I seriously am obsessed with wanting a Curve instead of the Pearl. Mainly because I want the QWERTY keyboard. I've adjusted to SureType over the past five months, but I still long for a slightly larger keyboard with one letter per key. I also would like the bigger screen that the Curve has. That's it. Two reasons that nag at my brain at least once per day.

The reason I chose the Pearl is because of the smaller size. I think that having the QWERTY keyboard would make up for the larger size of the Curve.

I can't get an upgrade discount until September of 2009 and I've been checking out Curves on Ebay and they are at least $400. I'm wondering if $400 is worth getting rid of the aggravation I feel because I don't have the QWERTY keyboard and a larger screen.

I wish I could just get over this because it seems so trivial!
    06-02-08 11:42 PM
    Sometimes money can buy happiness! $400 does not seem like a huge amount to minimize stress to me!
    06-02-08 11:49 PM
    u only get to live once!
    06-02-08 11:50 PM
    I too started with the Pearl. I had your same frustrations and exchanged within my first 30 days for the 8820 for bigger screen and full qwerty. I now run my Curve 8310 and also love it.

I may be worth to pay $400 to end your aggrevations and just be happy with the Curve.
    06-02-08 11:51 PM
    You're dealing with 4 kids with medical issues, if you want a curve, get yourself a curve. if you're on a shared minute plan, activate another line, if you don't want to do that, check the buy and sell part of this place or craigs list. You can find one cheaper than 4 hundy. Nice thing about craigs is you can see it in person and make sure it's not broke or stolen before you pay. GL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-08 11:57 PM
    THen sell ur pearl to recoup some of the money spent on the curve
    06-02-08 11:59 PM
    I guess in a room full of addicts, you can figure out real quick what kind of advice you're gonna get.

06-03-08 12:06 AM
    My big idea today was to activate a new line and stick the Pearl in a drawer, pay the $9.99 on it because it's an additional line and forget it about it, but the Verizon representative said that I would have to maintain a data plan on it even if I don't plan to use it.
    06-03-08 12:07 AM
    However, if you have a dumb phone, you can switch it to one of the berry lines and drop the plan.

06-03-08 12:14 AM
    However, if you have a dumb phone, you can switch it to one of the berry lines and drop the plan.

Wow. You are brilliant. I have an unused Nokia phone from Verizon... will this really work?
    06-03-08 12:23 AM
    -----

I know what it feels like to want a Querty keyboard. My final choice came down to a Palm or BB Curve, and they both had Querty keyboards. I chose the BB because it's smaller and more reliable. But it HAD to have that keyboard.

Having the keyboard right there w/o having to flip it up or slide it out and turn the phone around to use it is just too cool. And its so fun to type on the very front of it. Are you drooling yet?

Where there's a Will, there's a Way, so just go do it!

(Ask your carrier if there are ANY exceptions whatsoever to having to wait another year to switch out your phone. Tell him you'll probably die if you don't get one now, or some such thing.)

-----
    06-03-08 12:27 AM
    Wow. You are brilliant. I have an unused Nokia phone from Verizon... will this really work?
    Brilliant,,,,naw..
    yes it will work.
    Enjoy your new curve.
    06-03-08 12:48 AM
    I have a pink Pearl 8130. Love, love, love this Blackberry. I had a PDA and cellphone that I tried carrying around for a few weeks and that did not work for me.

I have four kids, two with multiple medical issues and I keep our lives organized on my Pearl.

Why am I upset? This is so stupid! I seriously am obsessed with wanting a Curve instead of the Pearl. Mainly because I want the QWERTY keyboard. I've adjusted to SureType over the past five months, but I still long for a slightly larger keyboard with one letter per key. I also would like the bigger screen that the Curve has. That's it. Two reasons that nag at my brain at least once per day.

The reason I chose the Pearl is because of the smaller size. I think that having the QWERTY keyboard would make up for the larger size of the Curve.

I can't get an upgrade discount until September of 2009 and I've been checking out Curves on Ebay and they are at least $400. I'm wondering if $400 is worth getting rid of the aggravation I feel because I don't have the QWERTY keyboard and a larger screen.

I wish I could just get over this because it seems so trivial!
    Hello mini me!

I did the exact thing you are describing last month. Check out my posting history for a little thread called "Help talk me from the ledge".

I love my Curve, I miss my Pearl, but I love my Curve.
    06-03-08 02:14 AM
    Michelle, I had the same contract problem with Verizon as you. Verizon would not discount the Curve price at all.
    I ended up switching to AT&T. Got the AT&T Curve for $49.00 and ported my number over. Had to pay Verizon $140 early termination fee.

Bottom line the new Curve cost me $190 not the $496 Verizon wanted.

Bob
    06-03-08 04:23 AM
    I feel your pain. I love my Pearl, its never done anything wrong, but now that Bell offers the Curve I just don't love it as much as I used to. My plan is to just go to Bell, buy the Curve at full price (I'm not up for renewal), and try the Curve out. If I like it as much as I think I will, I will sell my Pearl to make up most of the expense. Good luck, let us know how it goes for you!
    06-03-08 06:27 AM
    I am looking into a Blackberry with ATT - I'm assuming that you are all saying its best to go with the Curve.

What features come with the Pearl that the Curve does not have.
    06-03-08 01:11 PM
    I am looking into a Blackberry with ATT - I'm assuming that you are all saying its best to go with the Curve.

What features come with the Pearl that the Curve does not have.
    Check here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/curv...n-specs-40249/
    06-03-08 01:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD