This has been one of the issues with BlackBerry's for some time now and Im bringing this up because it really affected me recently.

I was out for the day with my Q10 and i used it quite heavily so my battery was drained and my phone went off just as I arrived home. I was meant to meet a friend of mine right away so I plugged my phone in right away and waited for it to start up. Now BlackBerry's have never been known to start up very quickly. I patiently waited for my phone to start up now when it was eventually up and running, It was basically still useless. The hub was still taking time to start up and whilst this is happening, the call and contacts apps are basically redundant. You cannot do a thing with them. I literally had to sit and wait while my friend was waiting and didn't have a clue why I hadn't contacted her yet.

Never felt it was really a issue until this incident.
    04-14-14 12:28 PM
    Perhaps it's a bit long but for me my z30 boots faster than my new i7 3.4ghz 16gb ram pc. My phone never dies on me so it's never an issue.

The GIF Exchange C001B7B16?
    KDB84 likes this.
    04-14-14 12:41 PM
    Yeah the start-up isn't too out of line (not a lot of experience with boot times). But the whole having to re-index all the files takes way too long - at least when you are really needing something.
    04-14-14 12:41 PM
    The few times that I have had to restart my Z10, I've noticed the slow start up time as well. Hopefully this is one of the things that will be improved with the next generation of devices coming out.
    04-14-14 12:45 PM
    Perhaps it's a bit long but for me my z30 boots faster than my new i7 3.4ghz 16gb ram pc. My phone never dies on me so it's never an issue.

Playbookster, use a ssd to boot your windows. 10-15 sec to boot up.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 12:55 PM
    Yeah the start-up isn't too out of line (not a lot of experience with boot times). But the whole having to re-index all the files takes way too long - at least when you are really needing something.
    Yes If I didn't need to urgently use my phone it wouldn't have been an issue but at the point of urgency it can be frustrating especially in comparison to some of the other OS's
    04-14-14 12:59 PM
    Playbookster, use a ssd to boot your windows. 10-15 sec to boot up.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not buying a new hard drive to make my pc boot faster haha, it doesn't bother me

04-14-14 01:01 PM