I have a strange problem with the BB Bold 9700, is connected to the WiFi router,has a network, can connect to internet, BUT, by a certain time, then neither Opera, nor acuuweather, nor Facebook can connect?!?Only BB browser is still working.After rebooting the phone, everything is OK ,and after 1-2 hours stop again...I use latest OS 9700M_PBr6.0.0_rel3106_PL6.6.0.248_A6.0.0.723_Pele phone.I dont have BIS/BES plan.
    02-09-12 02:16 AM
    You require a BIS data plan, simple as that.
    02-09-12 04:05 AM

Right. Circumvention conversation isn't welcomed around here either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com using Tapatalk
    02-09-12 04:52 AM
    I dont need it,have unlimited traffic on my regulat plan,why I have to pay 2 times for a same things?
    02-09-12 05:03 AM
    I dont need it,have unlimited traffic on my regulat plan,why I have to pay 2 times for a same things?
    Well, you'll have to only use things that work with wifi then. http://forums.crackberry.com/wifi-di...s-list-462539/ this'll help.

Edit: There is still no way around to get BIS. Pay up, or be without it, that is, wifi only.
    02-09-12 05:07 AM
    those apps ALL work under wifi. You guys are blindly talking. If you do not know what you are talking about then please keep your mouth shut. So much misinformation..

I also have a 9700 and have NO data plan. Through wifi, everything works for me, except for a select few apps that require data like vlingo etc. Other than that, opera works, facebook works, twitter works,everything works! I too have a problem with my 9700 dropping the connection with my gf router. It all works then just stops. Turning wifi off and on again resets my connection and im able to use wifi again. i do not have this problem at home, however.
    02-09-12 09:39 AM
    those apps ALL work under wifi. You guys are blindly talking. If you do not know what you are talking about then please keep your mouth shut. So much misinformation..

I also have a 9700 and have NO data plan. Through wifi, everything works for me, except for a select few apps that require data like vlingo etc. Other than that, opera works, facebook works, twitter works,everything works! I too have a problem with my 9700 dropping the connection with my gf router. It all works then just stops. Turning wifi off and on again resets my connection and im able to use wifi again. i do not have this problem at home, however.
    On OS6 you need a data plan plane and simple......
    02-09-12 09:53 AM
    Some people just don't get it do they. If you want your Berry to work correctly, you need a BIS or BES data plan. Period.
    02-09-12 10:25 AM
    Some people just don't get it do they. If you want your Berry to work correctly, you need a BIS or BES data plan. Period.
    Yea but the 'experts' know how to get passed that don't they and we should all shut up....
    02-09-12 10:30 AM
    I have OS6.. Ive got no problems using my phone through wifi. Yeah i cant use BBM and get email through NOC, but thats about it. So no, I do not know what you guys are talking about. Also, he clearly posted that the apps were working and then they stop. So clearly, they do work through wifi, and if its not working CORRECTLY, then maybe he has to configure some settings, but i have absolutely no problems with my 9700 on OS 6 using just wifi with no data plan. In fact this is being typed up through opera mini on my 9700. Are you telling me that I'm wrong? Cause I'm literally proving you wrong right now..
    Last edited by apengue1; 02-09-12 at 10:51 AM.
    veskop likes this.
    02-09-12 10:49 AM
    I have OS6.. Ive got no problems using my phone through wifi. Yeah i cant use BBM and get email through NOC, but thats about it. So no, I do not know what you guys are talking about. Also, he clearly posted that the apps were working and then they stop. So clearly, they do work through wifi, and if its not working CORRECTLY, then maybe he has to configure some settings, but i have absolutely no problems with my 9700 on OS 6 using just wifi with no data plan. In fact this is being typed up through opera mini on my 9700. Are you telling me that I'm wrong? Cause I'm literally proving you wrong right now..
    Lol

No need to get worked up.
    02-09-12 06:29 PM
    Lol no I'm sorry I got all ranty but there was just too much misinformation. Typing again from my 9700 btw
    02-09-12 07:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD