Do you have a recent backup file? You may be able to a selective restore of the starbucks app..

I just opened mine on the SE and seems good still..

Posted via CB10
    12-28-16 10:20 AM
    Thanks for the feedback guys, I really appreciate it.

Unfortunately I don't have a recent update, I'll try to run the apk through Cobalt's patching method to see if it makes any difference (I doubt it thought).

I guess MAKE will have to suffice for the time being.
    12-28-16 03:28 PM
    Even stranger u can get Starbucks to work via the website. Save it to your home screen and it does the trick.

Posted via CB10
    bh7171 likes this.
    12-28-16 03:38 PM
    I tried out the new Starbucks App on Passport. It does not work anymore. Originally, it worked the old app, but once it is launched, it ask for upgrade. So like the other forum user said, the work around is to use the browser for now.
    01-22-17 10:24 AM
    Seems that many websites are updating to HTML 5 with similar to same functionality. My local NBC news app is exactly the same as the Web, except the Web version loads faster via Web/browser. Compared the browser on my Passport, with the app on my Samsung Pro Tab, new Amazon Fire 8 and DTEK50.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    01-22-17 05:20 PM
    just wondering any one have work around of Starbucks apps for Passport or BB10 besides using the web browser??
    02-04-17 07:26 AM
    just wondering any one have work around of Starbucks apps for Passport or BB10 besides using the web browser??
    Read somewhere here that the Starbucks app now requires at least Android 4.4 (KitKat).
    BB10 is stuck with 4.3 runtime. Sooo... tough luck, I guess.
    02-04-17 07:57 AM
    What's wrong with using the browser and linking to your homepage? Just read yesterday Google is now pushing the development of Web Apps through the browser for Chrome users. Noting the ease of development and not having to develop for various OS. This is logical and negates having to use and "app" store to use a product or service. Further adoption of HTML5 is obviously helpful. It's illogical that an app store is not necessary on my desktop or laptop to render functionality, shop and or use but is perceived to be for mobile. (it's all about those app store profits and ads of course) I believe Google, Microsoft and companies will propagate and further integrate Web app development . I know that I like that our business website in HTML5 renders the same across desktop, laptop, tablet and mobile. While using my DTEK50 I only used Facebook through the Chrome browser and noted and found on Android sites that's what many were doing for memory and battery considerations. I had to chuckle when the whole Facebook "app" conversations hit on these forums. My wife and I had been using the browser on our BlackBerry 10 devices for a year or more prior. And it's actually more functional as one can still use Messenger inside the BlackBerry 10 browser. That is not presently possible on Chrome for Android. She has to use a Messenger resource hungry "app" on her DTEK50. Go figure.

Z10 on 10.3.2
    02-04-17 11:29 AM
    Interesting that I can't sign in on stock browser to starbucks website!!!!

What malarky!

Anyone have a trick?

Posted via CB10
    01-11-18 12:09 PM

What malarky!

Anyone have a trick?

Posted via CB10
    Trick probably not. Brick, is what BB10 devices are slowly becoming as tricks are becoming more scarce.
    01-11-18 12:17 PM
    Trick probably not. Brick, is what BB10 devices are slowly becoming as tricks are becoming more scarce.
    The trick is to wait for HTML5 to take over and replace those pesky platform apps.

Of course by that time, there probable won't be a browser compatible with 4.3.... as it's userbase will be where Gingerbread is now..... 0.4%
    01-11-18 01:16 PM

What malarky!

Anyone have a trick?

Posted via CB10

Slowly more and more website may not work on the BlackBerry 10 browser. Truthfully I think by the end of the year a lot more may not work properly either. It's a shame but it's a fact.

I can deal with the loss of apps as a lot of times the browser makes up for it but when the browser goes, it gets harder and harder.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-18 08:29 PM
    What's wrong with using the browser and linking to your homepage? Just read yesterday Google is now pushing the development of Web Apps through the browser for Chrome users. Noting the ease of development and not having to develop for various OS. This is logical and negates having to use and "app" store to use a product or service. Further adoption of HTML5 is obviously helpful. It's illogical that an app store is not necessary on my desktop or laptop to render functionality, shop and or use but is perceived to be for mobile. (it's all about those app store profits and ads of course) I believe Google, Microsoft and companies will propagate and further integrate Web app development . I know that I like that our business website in HTML5 renders the same across desktop, laptop, tablet and mobile. While using my DTEK50 I only used Facebook through the Chrome browser and noted and found on Android sites that's what many were doing for memory and battery considerations. I had to chuckle when the whole Facebook "app" conversations hit on these forums. My wife and I had been using the browser on our BlackBerry 10 devices for a year or more prior. And it's actually more functional as one can still use Messenger inside the BlackBerry 10 browser. That is not presently possible on Chrome for Android. She has to use a Messenger resource hungry "app" on her DTEK50. Go figure.

Z10 on 10.3.2
    Hopefully it will end some of the antitrust activity going on with apps. In addition to battery killing app activity.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    01-11-18 08:54 PM
88 ... 234