View Poll Results: Does your standby/mute button "click"?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

3 50.00%
  • No.

3 50.00%
  • I don't know.

0 0%
    I'm sorry if this is not the right place to put this post, but I recently got a Blackberry Curve 8320, and so did my roommate. Although it seems trivial, it just really bugs me endlessly the fact that my standby/mute button does not "click" when I push it. Is that normal?

My roommate's BB "clicks", as in you can feel a "click" when you push it, compared to mine where you can not tell if there's really an depression and you have to stare at the screen to make sure it's asleep, because sometimes I push it and think it's done, but it's not.

I've also compared my friend's BB pearls and one of them "clicks" and the other does what mine does. Sorry, this seems really trivial, but if there's any way you can help, THANK YOU. =]

Also, I was wondering, for the curve, is there a way to use something similar to the T9 function on other phones even though it has a keyboard?

Thanks again!
    Edit/Delete Message
    12-01-08 08:39 PM
    My curve is the same, no click. Works fine though!
    12-01-08 08:48 PM
    My Curve has no audible click but does have a definite sense of tactile feedback when depressed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 10:01 PM
    Both my Pearl and Curve have an audible and tactile click. The
    audible click is almost silent unless in a really quiet place. I never
    paid attention to it as it really only takes a second to see the phone
    go into standby.
    12-01-08 10:15 PM
    Mine does click, but my other curve didn't click. But they both operate fine.
    12-01-08 11:22 PM
    Mine clicks. I guess it doesn't really matter as long as it works, right? That is weird, though.
    12-02-08 12:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD