Hi folks, maybe you can answer my BOLD question, i had no takers in that forum, maybe the question is too boring or something, so maybe you could answer it anyway(please!). since RIM disabled the mute button(as per today's blog)how do we standby without the functionality of the mute button? I know we still have the holster but is there any other way besides the holster? I like to put my phone in standby when it has a full charge, and I am doing other things besides using the phone out of the holster? any fixes? thank you.
    03-11-10 11:37 PM
    you might check out the Addonis thread, particularly, the last few pages of it. It is in 3rd party software.
    03-11-10 11:54 PM
    Which 5.0 build are you using?? My bold running 464 still has standby. It has no keyboard lock. My 9700 on 405 has both, which is why I haven't upgraded it's OS. This prob didn't help, but I thought I would share. I hate it when no one answers my posts

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-10 11:55 PM
    the new 509 build. I really like the instant off aspect with the A key but after reading this morming 's blog on this subject I then realized I am NOT in standby,so I was hoping there was another way to standby without the holster, why did they do this?? F2 what is the Addonis thread?? sorry ,I don't know.
    03-12-10 12:01 AM
    im pretty sure the lock button is a lock and standby feature now. pushing it, does both.
    03-12-10 12:05 AM
    I was under the assumption when they took away the standby function with the mute button they went to lock only for the A and unlock for the mute button along with plain mute for the mute button, the phone seems to go off too fast to be standby so i was wondering if they moved the function or eliminated it and relegated it to holster only ,which is ok I guess but i liked the option ,but can't tell if the instant off is true standby of lock only.
    03-12-10 12:10 AM
    I was under the assumption when they took away the standby function with the mute button they went to lock only for the A and unlock for the mute button along with plain mute for the mute button, the phone seems to go off too fast to be standby so i was wondering if they moved the function or eliminated it and relegated it to holster only ,which is ok I guess but i liked the option ,but can't tell if the instant off is true standby of lock only.
    i would be willing to bet its both features into one. infact, it looks more like standby since the icons remain on the screen and freeze just like old standby did.
    03-12-10 12:14 AM
    Damn! just re-read the blog from this morning, I must have been half asleep, right there in print it say's that is gone, and Blaize said" it does not appear to be coming back anytime soon!". sorry to put you through the dumb questions, I will just use the holster, oh well, thanks for the input folks, this site rocks, even at 1am!!!!!!!!!
    03-12-10 12:19 AM
    yea its not coming back. that was already established before the blog today, once more than one OS had this feature changed. it was realized since the beginning of the .5xx OS's that this wasnt a bug since all OS's, no matter the device, had this new feature.
    03-12-10 12:52 AM
    To infifnity and beyond ! Guess the future is here, we got to go with the new flow ,I guess.

03-12-10 01:26 AM
    i thought i was gonna hate the new feature, but i actually dont mind it at all.
    03-12-10 01:30 AM
    If you go to the software thread, you can search for Addonis and there is info. They are restoring or trying to restore the standby function. It seems there are issues and each version of OS5 may react differently and then folks are installing hybrids, making things more complicated.

The keypad lock is not the same as the original standby. With keypad lock, a keypress re-lights the screen with the prompt the device is locked and the keys to press to unlock. Standby did not react to just any key-press. In addition, some of us don't want to have to press *-green to get our devices out of standby. Yes, I know that rim does what it wants but really...............
    03-12-10 09:47 AM
    In addition, some of us don't want to have to press *-green to get our devices out of standby. Yes, I know that rim does what it wants but really...............
    At least in .509, you can't make your phone unlock with *-green even if you wanted to. The A button and the mute button both put it in standby, and the mute button takes it out. The *-green used to show up when you would password lock the phone without a password set, but you can't physically do that anymore. If you don't have a password set, the option simply disappears.
    03-12-10 11:05 AM
    the new 509 build. I really like the instant off aspect with the A key but after reading this morming 's blog on this subject I then realized I am NOT in standby,so I was hoping there was another way to standby without the holster, why did they do this??
    Sorry, I just reread this whole thread and I don't think everyone is talking about the same thing. I believe what is going away and not coming back is the keyboard lock without having a password set (the lock that used to require *-green to unlock your phone). Standby/keyboard lock/whatever-they-are-calling-it-today that makes your phone screen blank and locks the keyboard until you press the mute button is still alive and well. They did change it so the screen goes instantly black instead of fading out. From what you are saying, I believe that you are indeed putting your phone in standby, they just changed the name of "standby."

The part that confuses me is that they also said that the mute button was not going to put your phone into standby anymore, but on .509 it still works like it always has (actually better because it doesn't pause your music like it used to). Are they just killing it in later versions?

It would probably be less confusing if we were all talking about the same thing, but the last 3 versions have all had different functionality and it has made it pretty hard to figure out what features do and don't exist.
    03-12-10 12:43 PM
    Very disappointed about this change. I wonder if AutoStandby is affected?
    03-12-10 02:15 PM
    What blog post are you all referring to? Where? A link would be appreciated.
    03-12-10 02:46 PM
    http://crackberry.com/crack-team/bla...lackberry-news

not sure if B got this right but it was one of yesterdays blogs here on cracknberry written by Blaize. it was written on this topic. sorry
    03-12-10 04:19 PM
    5.0.0.405 mute button still works for standby

03-12-10 04:26 PM
    the 5.0.509_it's a no-go.A is lock , mute is unlock and mute call only. standby is holster.
    Last edited by tcseacliff; 03-12-10 at 07:29 PM.
    03-12-10 07:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD