Hello,

Are there any spy tools for the blackberry?
    I'm looking in specific for GPS position tracking that is covert on the phone. BrickHouseSecurity says they have one, but I was wondering if anything else is out there?
    Or any other spy tools too?

Thanks
    05-28-09 02:54 PM
    Without knowing what you wish to achieve there is no answer to your question. You need different products to track your kids, track your employees, or track a stolen phone.
    05-28-09 03:00 PM
    If you are looking to track your child, then your provider may have a solution for you, I know Verizon does, they call it chaperon. Also google has an app called latitude that serves a similar purpose. I'm not sure how covert these apps are thou. What are are you trying to do?
    05-28-09 03:05 PM
    "Spy" tools are generally frowned upon if you mean them in a true covert sense. There are laws and whatnot against such things.

You say GPS, but also looking for "other" tools as well. What are you trying to do?
    05-28-09 03:07 PM
    Spy tools like phone coversation, gps tracking, sms, email etc.

This is for a corporate use, so from a legal sense they are legit.in anyways I'll let the corp lawyer dep worry about that, that is no my job.
    05-28-09 03:43 PM
    Spy tools like phone coversation, gps tracking, sms, email etc.

This is for a corporate use, so from a legal sense they are legit.in anyways I'll let the corp lawyer dep worry about that, that is no my job.

BES the ultimate spytool! It won't log the actually phone conversations but it will log all the calls in addition to gps, sms, bbm, web sites etc...
    05-28-09 03:46 PM
    BES the ultimate spytool! It won't log the actually phone conversations but it will log all the calls in addition to gps, sms, bbm, web sites etc...
    Yep, that's the tool you need. As far as I know recording calls is not so easy and you actually need to inform the user before they connect. Kinda like the old "this call may be recorded for training purposes" thing you get sometimes. That makes it legal to record the call.
    05-28-09 03:56 PM
    LMAO @ ccannavo! Just what I was thinking!
    I must admit, tho, that I am stoked about SmrtGuard. I just hope they're charging a one-time (or per-use) fee and not trying to milk it as a subscription service. I already pay enough monthly for "services" that I very rarely use...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 04:16 PM
    So what program would you use to track your child's position?
    05-29-09 10:29 PM
    So what program would you use to track your child's position?
    Chaperone from Verizon - but it only works with dumb phones. You'll have to "prove" the person is your child.

A far cry from what you originally asked, Big Bro.
    05-30-09 12:32 AM
    Closing what should have been a short and informative discussion of available software. Instead it turned into the usual off-topic rant about legal and moral issues.
    05-30-09 09:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD