Well I was looking at getting an Iphone, but I've seen from some of my friends with the newer bb's dont seem to be having the problems, that I've have had with my bb.. Anyways I'm currently paying like 130 a month for vzm. I can get sprint for 99 s month for unlimited everything... or At&T for
    Nation Unlimited at 69 + the 30 for the bb data plan.. How the att coverage compared to sprint in florida? in mainely the sw florida area..
    04-12-10 11:52 AM
    My Mum lives in Cutler Bay, but that's SE. She has AT&T and has no problems at all. She rarely drops, only sometimes in the Keys.
    04-12-10 11:55 AM
    Why do you want to switch from VERIZON they have the best coverage hands down.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    GingerSnapsBack likes this.
    04-12-10 12:08 PM
    so says you but do you live everywhere? sometimes verizon isnt the best choice.
    04-12-10 12:11 PM
    FWIW I have NEVER had a problem with AT&T and I have been a customer of theirs for a LONG time.

Actually, I was first with Worldcom which was bought by AT&T which was bought by Cingular which was then renamed AT&T so yeah. 4 different companies and I have never changed my contract.
    04-12-10 12:12 PM
    sprint has the 69.99 unlimited everything its called= EVERYTHING DATA, CALLS FROM MOBILE TO MOBILE UNLIMITED TEXT, PIC MAIL, EMAIL, GPS, AND ETC!!! VERIZON AND AT AND T ARE ONLY TALK!!!! GO WITH SPRINT
    04-12-10 12:16 PM
    sprint has the 69.99 unlimited everything its called= EVERYTHING DATA, CALLS FROM MOBILE TO MOBILE UNLIMITED TEXT, PIC MAIL, EMAIL, GPS, AND ETC!!! VERIZON AND AT AND T ARE ONLY TALK!!!! GO WITH SPRINT
    maybe my answer is a bit bias but i agree with VLAD. Sprint is the best bang for your buck. Unless you are talking to landlines non stop the unlimited mobile to mobile is the way to go, me and my wife have it and we have1500 minutes to split. we've never gone over 300 min, because most of our calls are to and from mobile phones, everything else is unlimted.(data mms sms) you CANNOT beat that with a stick.. i live in west palm beach and am regularly traveling to fort lauderdale and my coverage is fantastic... and if sprint coverage is bad you roam onto verizon's network.. so you will still have the same coverage as verizon if not better. If you make alot of landline calls go with the $99 unlimited everything.. In my opinion i just hate ATT i had them for 2 years and am glad to be rid of them.
    04-12-10 12:31 PM
    Sprint is cheaper. That said they have cheaper plans at Verizon now (I think 59 for unlimited text + 29 for BB).
    04-12-10 01:00 PM
    Sprint is cheaper, but often (at least in my area) for a reason. Around here, Sprint users have coverage on exactly one street. Beyond that, nope.

AT&T is the clear majority around here, and I like them just fine.
    04-12-10 07:19 PM
    Daughter in Tampa-St. Pete area on Verizon has no problems. Her roommate with Sprint experiences problems very often.
    04-12-10 07:51 PM
    x2. Sprint isn't $99.99 like the thread starter lists in the first post (I had to re-read the first post 5-6 times to even make sense of it. It's one giant poorly worded run-on sentence. Sprint has the best plans out there right now of any carrier. I just got rid of AT&T, thank god. I was an iPhone user. I loved my iPhone, but AT&T service is absolutely TERRIBLE (I'm in the Detroit area) and AT&T is VERY over priced (and so is Verizon).

With Sprint, at $69.99 per month, I get UNLIMITED calling to any mobile phone on any carrier in the united states (how often does anyone ever even call a landline phone anymore?? ) But IF you are one of the few that do, I have 450 minutes for that. I also have unlimited text, web, email, sprint tv, sprint navigation, etc. They don't have any $30 premium charge for having a blackberry (or any other smartphone for that matter, if you're considering a Pre, Pixi, Hero, etc.) like most other carriers have. You simply cannot have a smart phone with unlimited text, web, data, email, etc on any other US carrier for that cheap. (And check with your employer because TONS of people can get a discount through their job. I get 20% off every month)

With my iPhone thru AT&T I had to choose my minute plan, then they charged a mandatory $30 charge just for data, and that didn't even include text!! WTF.. so add another $20 for that. It was a friggen rip off!

I don't work for sprint so I don't have any reason to toot their horn, or do any type of promotion/advertising for them, I'm just a very satisfied customer. I have been with all 4 major cell providers here in the US (AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, and Verizon) and I can personally say that Sprint is by far the best in service and above all, their customer service is amazing, and now with their new unlimited plans (and no extra charges for having a blackberry/smartphone, like all other services have) they just so happen to have the best price on plans now.

If you go with Sprint, you will not be sorry... and if you decide you aren't happy with them, you have a 30 day trial period. So if you aren't 100% satisfied with your phone or your service, you can cancel it. Or if you get home and decide "aww shoot, I should have gotten XXX phone, not this one... you have 30 days to return it too (I think they charge you like $30 to swap out your phone for a new one.. but that's a great deal.)

I couldn't wait for the day I could get rid of AT&T. Their call quality sucks, every person I ever dealt with (whether it be over the phone or in a Corporate AT&T store) I was treated poorly, the CSR are just down right rude. They act as if I can't just go on down the road and get better cell service and phones for cheaper rates. I didn't even wait for my contract to expire with AT&T, I was so fed up with dropping calls and paying my outrageously overpriced bill, I HAPPILY paid my Early Termination Fee to get away from AT&T, and walked next door into the Sprint store and truly haven't been more satisfied with their service.
    04-12-10 10:13 PM
    Well, AT&T uses GSM. If you like messing around with unlocked phones (like I do), then you should go with them.
    04-12-10 10:58 PM
    Sprint. You can't beat the price with a stick. I had Sprint then switched to AT&T due to coverage in my store, inside the building. I wished I would have stayed with Sprint all along as my AT&T bill runs around $200. Sprint would be about $135 for more double the minutes and unlimited data on all lines. With the any mobile any time feature you will be hard pressed to use up half your minutes.
    04-12-10 11:08 PM
    To the OP, I would suggest asking your family, friends, neighbours, and co-workers how their coverage is. The carrier with the best coverage where you live, work and travel is the best one. It will not matter how much money you save if you get dropped calls and no data. First find out which carrier has the best coverage. If there are several carriers who offer the same coverage, then choose the one that is cheaper.
    04-12-10 11:13 PM
    thats a very good advice. I do think Sprint offer the best plans out there...
    04-13-10 11:45 AM
    AT&T is FL is great, my grandfather, grandmother, uncle, and cousin all have iPhones and they have no issues.
    04-13-10 11:49 AM
    ...snip...
    I'm amazed you have better luck with Sprint coverage than AT&T, in Michigan. Try not to travel North then. Up in Saginaw, we do not get Sprint at all, outside of the city itself. Horrible coverage for Sprint around here. AT&T on the other hand has good coverage here, recently got 3G. Well, i guess almost a year ago.

I have never had AT&T issues when I travel through the Detroit/Lansing area.

Sprint does have a good price, right now, and it seems they are getting some quality phones too. I almost wish I had good Sprint coverage around here. Although, I really just wish AT&T would drop their prices... I still don't understand why we pay for texting on top of voice and data.
    04-13-10 11:55 AM
    back in 06 i left at&t to go back to sprint (had nextel then went to att for 1 year) and when i was at the att store to pay my final bill the guy asked me why i was leaving i said att is to expensive and had crap coverage, i got a better deal and phone from sprint. he said "oh youll be back" guess what terminator....im not yet and never will be.

IF i leave sprint it would be for tmobile.
    04-13-10 11:58 AM
    Cool. Your post is about as vague as could be. Do you live in FL?
    04-13-10 12:18 PM
    Based on what others have told me, you get what you pay for with Sprint - spotty coverage. It's good if it works where you happen to be.
    GingerSnapsBack likes this.
    04-13-10 12:23 PM
    Just try both for 30 days, Sprint now even refunds you everything within the 30days if you're not satisfied. Every response you're getting here is subjective, and opinions. It isn't doing you any good as no one lives or walks in your shoes. Just try it out for yourself.
    04-13-10 12:29 PM
    Go with sprint.
    Im going to.
    04-13-10 12:43 PM

That depends on where you live.
    04-13-10 01:27 PM
    I have had Sprint on two different phones. The coverage was always pretty good and their plans are definitely the cheapest. The only two issues I had with them were:

1. Calls going straight to voicemail. Maybe it was just my area, but probably 20% of my calls didn't ring through

2. Their customer service is absolutely terrible. I know all of the carriers have their problems, but I was on the phone with them almost non-stop when I had my last phone due to assorted problems and, with the exception of one very helpful woman, they were infuriating to work with. I had a non-internet-capable phone that somehow racked up $30-40/month in mystery data charges and they were completely unable/unwilling to help me solve the problem (unless you count "just get a data plan" as a solution). I actually paid the ETF just to get away from them because it was still going to be cheaper in the long run than paying the data fees.

They may be cheaper, but I'm not their biggest fan
    04-13-10 01:48 PM

so says you but do you live everywhere? sometimes verizon isnt the best choice.
    FWIW I have NEVER had a problem with AT&T and I have been a customer of theirs for a LONG time.

Actually, I was first with Worldcom which was bought by AT&T which was bought by Cingular which was then renamed AT&T so yeah. 4 different companies and I have never changed my contract.
    Sprint is cheaper. That said they have cheaper plans at Verizon now (I think 59 for unlimited text + 29 for BB).

back in 06 i left at&t to go back to sprint (had nextel then went to att for 1 year) and when i was at the att store to pay my final bill the guy asked me why i was leaving i said att is to expensive and had crap coverage, i got a better deal and phone from sprint. he said "oh youll be back" guess what terminator....im not yet and never will be.

IF i leave sprint it would be for tmobile.
    Based on what others have told me, you get what you pay for with Sprint - spotty coverage. It's good if it works where you happen to be.
    That depends on where you live.
    Cool. Your post is about as vague as could be. Do you live in FL?
    youre kidding right?
    04-13-10 04:25 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD