I am going to fall into the "silver" status come April 1, 2011 and will lose my upgrade until October 1, 2011. I currently use a BB Tour and love it, but want something with a better quality video camcorder. I don't want to jump ship to Android with the HTC Shift, but being with Sprint... I am limited to selection with BB's (bold maybe, style forget it).

I need some help/opinions from all of you:

1) should i just wait on the upgrade (6 more months) because RIM is releasing some slick devices later in the year around my upgrade period?

2) does anyone know (your hunches) which particular new CDMA devices Sprint will get?

3) does anyone else fall under this "PREMIER" change? and what are all you going to do with your upgrades... use or lose?

Thanks for your help and suggestions!
    old skool bb likes this.
    03-25-11 11:47 AM
    I agree that Sprint is very limited when it comes to BB selection, I can remember about 4-5 years ago they had more choices but now not so much. I've had my 8330 for over 3 years now and I love it more then any phone I've ever owned. But Sprint does need to step their game up though.

If it were me I would just wait it out for a few more months..
    03-25-11 11:52 AM
    I am going to fall into the "silver" status come April 1, 2011 and will lose my upgrade until October 1, 2011. I currently use a BB Tour and love it, but want something with a better quality video camcorder. I don't want to jump ship to Android with the HTC Shift, but being with Sprint... I am limited to selection with BB's (bold maybe, style forget it).

I need some help/opinions from all of you:

1) should i just wait on the upgrade (6 more months) because RIM is releasing some slick devices later in the year around my upgrade period?

2) does anyone know (your hunches) which particular new CDMA devices Sprint will get?

3) does anyone else fall under this "PREMIER" change? and what are all you going to do with your upgrades... use or lose?

Thanks for your help and suggestions!
    They have already released the CDMA list of BB's for the year already like 2 months ago. Sprint is suppose to get the BB Sedona but in late 3rd Quarter.

BlackBerry apollo/sedona - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

And ALL Sprint customers will fall into the changes for Premier customers, might as well take advantage before you lose it.
    03-25-11 12:19 PM
    I agree that Sprint is very limited when it comes to BB selection, I can remember about 4-5 years ago they had more choices but now not so much. I've had my 8330 for over 3 years now and I love it more then any phone I've ever owned. But Sprint does need to step their game up though.

If it were me I would just wait it out for a few more months..
    that's what i'm thinking, thanks
    03-25-11 12:30 PM
    They have already released the CDMA list of BB's for the year already like 2 months ago. Sprint is suppose to get the BB Sedona but in late 3rd Quarter.

BlackBerry apollo/sedona - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

And ALL Sprint customers will fall into the changes for Premier customers, might as well take advantage before you lose it.
    I have read the "Road Map" but didn't see a "provider" listed for each device, only noticed which antenna each device would have. Thanks!
    03-25-11 12:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD