I was hoping if anybody had a solution..I travel back and forth to Colombia with a Sprint Tour and use Tigo in Colombia with a prepaid sim chip. My SMS and Telephone service work but they also offer prepaid blackberry service via 1 day 7 days or 30 days...All you have to do is text the code and it will turn but your blackberry needs to register first before this can work...My tour will not register and running the diagnostic test it comes back abort on the blackberry data test. When I come back to Miami it automatically updates back to Sprint. Was wondering if anybody has issues or a solution when traveling abroad using the local sim chip and getting the blackberry service to register..

Regards
    Edward Boothman
    10-19-10 05:59 PM
    hi ... sprint uses CDMA and tigo colombia uses GSM. maybe thats the reason it wont register in the network
    03-17-11 12:38 AM
    hi ... sprint uses CDMA and tigo colombia uses GSM. maybe thats the reason it wont register in the network
    i believe the tour has GSM bands though...

@OP - so i'm assuming BIS/servicebooks/HRT doesn't even work, right?
    03-17-11 01:22 AM
    The Tour has the international GSM bands. I don't think it has the North America GSM bands. It might, though.
    03-17-11 08:53 AM
    It is a quad band GSM phone. It will support it.
    03-17-11 09:24 AM
    The Tour has the international GSM bands. I don't think it has the North America GSM bands. It might, though.
    As noted, it has the required bands.
    03-17-11 09:39 AM
    Did Sprint unlock the Tour for you so you can use another carrier's sim card?
    03-20-11 11:50 AM
    After about the first month, Sprint shipped ALL the Tours unlocked.
    03-20-11 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD