Got my BB Saturday, doesn't have insurance as I forgot to tell the guy at Bestbuy to do it (frankly he should have asked me, but he was nice and not an a-hole so no biggie). He showed me Bestbuy Geek Squad cell insurance for $10 a month. I know Sprint's is $7 a month. The differences was no deductible (Sprint $50 to $100), loaner phones(not on Sprint), transfer data for you (not on Sprint), 1 time battery replacement (not on Sprint), and unlimited claims (2 per year on Sprint). Frankly for $3 a month, Bestbuy is better, BUT I wanted to see if anybody else had this and how do they bill it? Why i still don't have insurance, thinking about it. Go to Bestbuy to add it or call Sprint, I need to do it and I will be this weekend or sooner, but I am wondering what to do. Thanks.
    06-24-09 10:46 AM
    You may want to take a look at SquareTrade as well. I think it's $4 per month:

SquareTrade - Cell Phone Insurance & Cell Phone Warranty
    06-24-09 11:08 AM
    Which ever you choose, I would not solely take what each rep tells you is covered, try to get it in print. I am a big fan of insurance and I pay for it on all the families devices. I was at the at&t store monday and overheard a rep say that liquid damage was even covered, I could be wrong but I haven't heard of insurance companies covering it. I will be returning to the store today to get that clarified and get (hopefully) it in print. In the past I submitted claims as lost, seems easier. Only draw back now is your bb goes on the list.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 11:13 AM
    I have Sprint's and I am happy with it. I have had to use it to replace my husband's phones more than once (TAKE YOUR DAMN PHONE OUTTA YOUR POCKET BEFORE YA THROW EM IN THE HALL!). It's been seamless.
    06-24-09 11:14 AM
    You may want to take a look at SquareTrade as well. I think it's $4 per month:

SquareTrade - Cell Phone Insurance & Cell Phone Warranty
    $50 deductible for accidental loss; first 30 days after sign up no coverage; $96 up front for 2 years; cancel any time for pro-rated refund; no loss or theft coverage at all...seems like a good 'piggy-back' insurance but maybe not the best 'solo' insurance.
    06-24-09 12:25 PM
    You could invest in a good case like the Otterbox to protect your blackberry, instead of insurance. Then depending on what sort of deal you got when you purchased your blackberry if you could not lose it within a year you would come out ahead money wise.
    06-24-09 12:36 PM
    Im surprised how many folks dont know this but:

https://indirect3.sprint.com/apps/ad...&FROM_SPRINT=Y

Ive replaced 6 phones since February. 3 Touch Pros, 3 Curves all on my number. I have yet to pay a deductible since I pay the $7/mo. insurance. All phones have been overnighted to me. Ive also exchanged my wifes palm at no charge.
    06-24-09 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD