Is the Sprint GPS feature included on this plan as well? I believe TeleNav runs the GPS. (I know I could call but don't have the ability to do so right now at work and was wondering if anyone knew off-hand). I have the $99 plan as of now.
    06-20-08 01:34 PM
    Yeah, I have this plan and the GPS is included. Sprint Navigation is all you need for your mapping and GPS needs. I heard alot about Google maps, got it, and i still think the Sprint Navigation that comes with it is better, as far as getting directions goes...But to each his own....
    06-20-08 01:39 PM
    Cool, I know it's the $99 Unlimited Plan, but I'm always careful to not stumble across that one thing that's not included. I played with it a bit before and was pretty impressed. I was thinking about removing Blackberry Maps to free up some memory and just stick to Sprint GPS. Any opinions?
    06-20-08 01:41 PM
    Yeah, I think the only thing we are without is MMS
    06-20-08 01:41 PM
    What is MMS?
    06-20-08 01:44 PM
    Picture messaging. You can do it only through e-mail.... But you can receive them.
    06-20-08 01:45 PM
    Huh. Oh well, thanks man!
    06-20-08 01:50 PM
    Yeah, it's something that you learn to live without. I had it on all of my previous phones, and I found myself not taking too many pictures anyway, LOL.

No problem, this is what CB is all about
    06-20-08 01:55 PM
    Mike, I removed BB Maps in order to free up memory. The TeleNav GPS is great. Great little feature that I use is searching for the place with the least expensive gas.

Directory, Search Within Category, Gas By Price. It searches your current location, saves me about $0.10 per gallon.
    06-20-08 02:37 PM
    Picture messaging. You can do it only through e-mail.... But you can receive them.
    So SENDING via MMS is a no go with the BB, but you can RECEIVE one (pic/msg via MMS) if it's sent by someone else TO you?

Also: Does the BB (e.g., Curve or Pearl) on Sprint support SMS for messaging (plain text messaging without relying upon email), or is that nixed, too?
    06-20-08 02:42 PM
    Mike, I removed BB Maps in order to free up memory. The TeleNav GPS is great. Great little feature that I use is searching for the place with the least expensive gas.

Directory, Search Within Category, Gas By Price. It searches your current location, saves me about $0.10 per gallon.
    Wow! Very cool, thank you!
    06-20-08 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD