From BoyGeniusReport

Yesterday, Sprint executive David Owens dropped a ton of great news for Sprint customers in a live chat. Some of the news isn’t groundbreaking, but it’s still good to know and get confirmation from Sprint directly. Read on for the list of items that were mentioned.▪ Google Android OS updates are coming for the HTC Hero and Samsung Moment. While he didn’t specify a version – 1.6 or 2.0 – HTC has previously confirmed that they’re working on an Android 2.0 update for the Hero.▪ Combination CDMA/GSM Android phones are also “a possibility but nothing this year.”▪ They’re considering an Android phone with a built-in MiFi-type router.▪ Android phones will get less expensive “as we see volume across the industry.”▪ Lots of HTC and BlackBerry phones coming next year. HTC phones “will be on the Android platform.”▪ Sprint will “add Wi-Fi to [the BlackBerry] Tour” and have other Wi-Fi BlackBerry smartphones going forward.▪ They’re testing Windows Mobile 6.5 updates for the HTC Touch Pro2 and other Windows phones; “plan for early 2010.”▪ They want Windows Mobile 7.0 “as soon as possible, but dependent on Microsoft.”▪ Expect WiMAX phones next year.▪ No tethering for phones that require Everything plans (such as all smartphones) from here on out. We already know about the updates coming to the Hero and Wi-Fi for the Tour, but it’s pretty cool to see that WiMAX phones are on the horizon. Hopefully that means a faster rollout of the 4G service. Owens also mentions more BlackBerry phones coming next year — could that mean that Sprint is also getting a 85xx series Curve just like Verizon? It could be the Wi-Fi BlackBerry he’s talking about when “going forward.” Lastly, for travelers, having more CDMA/GSM world phones with Android is pretty good news, even if we have to wait until next year.
    10-30-09 08:22 AM
    Yeah, he has to do any and everything to stop a sinking ship. 801k net loss of customers for a quarter and revenue down 9% isn't a good thing.......

Atleast it wasn't 870k that everyone expected to look at the upside
    10-30-09 08:26 AM
    Yeah, he has to do any and everything to stop a sinking ship. 801k net loss of customers for a quarter and revenue down 9% isn't a good thing.......

Atleast it wasn't 870k that everyone expected to look at the upside
    What is it with EVERY time something good is posted about Sprint, the VZW fanboys just can't let it go, or say hey, good job Sprint? Verizon loses customers, too. I'm one of them. Are you guys just jealous you pay twice as much for your service? Think that because you've got the "can you hear me now" guy and we've got, well, Dan that you're better? V for Vendetta works in movies, but this isn't the movies. I don't get it at all. Verizon doesn't care about you, so why go to such extremes to point out that Verizon is the strongest company of the big three? Nobody argues that point.
    10-30-09 10:02 AM
    im sorry but I got destracted laughing at jason0423's signature

Curve-->Storm-->Storm-->Storm-->Storm-->Curve-->Switch to Sprint, Curve-->Tour
    ^hilarious

storm is the biggest blackberry fail since the 8120 but I'm happy they hinted that theres more new blackberrys coming after the tour2 which means the "magnum/dakota" or Pluto

either way I got something to dream about.
    10-30-09 10:04 AM
    What is it with EVERY time something good is posted about Sprint, the VZW fanboys just can't let it go, or say hey, good job Sprint? Verizon loses customers, too. I'm one of them. Are you guys just jealous you pay twice as much for your service? Think that because you've got the "can you hear me now" guy and we've got, well, Dan that you're better? V for Vendetta works in movies, but this isn't the movies. I don't get it at all. Verizon doesn't care about you, so why go to such extremes to point out that Verizon is the strongest company of the big three? Nobody argues that point.
    Jealous? Faaaaaaaaaar from it. My first ever phone was with Sprint. Had sprint for 9 years actually and was witness to the service getting worse and worse. Just pointing out the obvious. You're right, VZW does lose customers. But I mean at least the net gain of customers every quarter is green rather than a looooonnnnggg red number. It's nothing personal I have towards any Sprint customers, it's the problem with Sprint. You can keep your Everything plan or whatever it is.

Sprint apparently loses customers two. My entire family and I were part of the loss. Jealous to pay twice the amount for service??? I'd rather pay that and know I have a reliable phone then pay less and can't even get service when I'm driving on the highway.....It couldn't have been the phone because I had the world edition with Sprint and got the same World edition with VZW and what a difference.

Just pointing out the obvious....
    10-30-09 10:33 AM
    I didn't take that post as being negative. It was saying Sprint needs to do something to turn around and this is a (possible) good step. But, it was a big mistake for Sprint to drop tethering on Smartphones going forward!
    10-30-09 11:48 AM
    I didn't take that post as being negative. It was saying Sprint needs to do something to turn around and this is a (possible) good step. But, it was a big mistake for Sprint to drop tethering on Smartphones going forward!
    Thank you. I wasn't being negative towards anyone who had Sprint. I'm just negative towards Sprint because of how my family and I were treated when we advised them of the situation and basically turn their back on us because at the time they were booming business. Everyone had Sprint in my area, the talks of the Instinct was huge in my area and everyone was happy. My family and I needed help with a couple of situations regarding service and wasn't getting any and they literally turned their back on us and once our contracts ended we turned their back and never looked back.

Stopping the tethering on smart phones is huge but it's saving money on their end as well. I must say one nice thing about Sprint though. The CEO is trying his hardest to turn things around.
    10-30-09 12:09 PM
    Yeah but we have that Verizon dude on commercials! There!
    10-30-09 01:55 PM
    everybody is a market analyst..
    10-30-09 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD