see here - h**p://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASApp/onlinestore/en/Action/DisplayPhones?phoneSKU=SP8330RIM

(replace * w/ t's - i can't post URLs till i have ten posts - grrr!)

they're really bringing their game!
    07-15-08 09:31 AM
    just a bit about how i found this out...

i was about to leave sprint last thursday, but the operator gave me the number to sprint retentions - and told me to just ask them what they can do for me

all told, i went from paying $140-160/mo to the SEP ($99 total no-matter-what - good deal!) - and a new curve for $179

then sunday i went online to read a little more about the curve and (!!!) there it was for $149

so... i called them back just this morning and asked the lady how she would like it if she bought a pair of shoes for $200 and the next day saw them on sale for $150, wouldn't she be just a little bit upset?

i got the money back!LOL
    07-15-08 09:32 AM
    i also noticed... sprint usually makes you mail-in a rebate (never understood that - probably counting on a certain percentage of the population forgetting to send it in, thus netting $100 each time they forget! NOT insignificant!

but... apparently they are bypassing that now - you get the discounted price w/o having to mail anything in

nice
    07-15-08 09:35 AM
    I contacted sprint the other day about the price change since I bought my Curve last week. They kindly refunded the difference.
    07-15-08 09:54 AM
    that's pretty funny considering you can't even get them in the store. They said there's a nationwide shortage and the stores only get about 2-3 in every now and then. I had to order mine online. It's sad that they are just now getting this phone when the rest of the world is talking about the bold, world, etc. Makes me feel like I wasted my money!!!!!

Not a good way to show customer appreciation!!
    07-15-08 11:45 AM
    Dang, everyone seems to be dropping their prices on the curve. Lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-08 02:00 PM
    wirefly.com has them for free. and the best part the best buy in my area will match the price. i got me a free one and my wife is getting hers friday
    by the way the pearls are free also
    07-15-08 02:45 PM
    I'm so calling Sprint! I bought mine last month (near the end). I hope they'll give me the difference.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-08 02:57 PM
    just checked that out - wirefly *does* have it for free for vzw

amazing
    07-17-08 01:15 AM
    i got ma ish 4 $50 with the at&t contract
    07-17-08 01:37 AM
    I bought my 8320 under TMobile at Costco. cost is $49 ($50, mail in rebate).

I initially bought the phone at AT&T earlier in the day, but after i went to costco, i returned it about an hour later.
    07-17-08 06:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD