Does anybody know of an application or website where I can sync my BBcalender with my favorite sports team's schedule? Maybe something that has an alert to tell me who and where they are playing, something that reminds me before the game starts?
    02-26-09 09:22 PM
    I used google sync to sync my Dodgers schedule to my Blackberry. It was a .csv file from the Dodgers MLB site and it worked with a little bit of editing. You could use outlook as well.

After import and sync I got the schedule on my BB with alerts for game times etc.....
    02-26-09 09:30 PM
    It looks like I have some work to do. Thanks!
    02-26-09 09:32 PM
    Roger That! No worries - enjoy. If ya use Google and get stuck with bad import message let me know I got the workaround fix, it all depends on what the csv file looks like - if you in fact get a csv file and not some other format...
    Last edited by Tremortality; 02-26-09 at 09:37 PM.
    02-26-09 09:33 PM
    thanks, man. it was a csv, google calendar was "temporarily down" so i used outlook via the desktop manager. it was actually pretty easy. now if i can get the celtics to win the rest of their games.....
    02-26-09 10:29 PM
    Yeah the standard message from google if its in the incorrect .csv format will say that. People try for weeks thinking the calendar is down hehehe. I had to tweak mine for it to work. I have Vista so that was my only option

Google will not accept them as they normally are START_DATE,START_TIME,START_TIME_ET,SUBJECT,LOCATI ON etc..... I just went in and took out all the underscores to fit their requirements.....instant success

Glad you are sorted out......good luck Celtics.
    02-26-09 10:34 PM
    I got the laker on my pc in outlook it makes me view the calendars in overlap mode to seem them but whe I snyc nothing on my BB any got any Ideas or am I explaing it wrong

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 12:51 AM
    I went to celtics.com, clicked on schedule, and the directions for outlook syncing were perfect. Then I used the DM to sync. Check out celtics.com and look at the directions. And while you're there, pay some respect to the CHAMPS.

02-27-09 12:57 AM
    This sounds awsome but i dont think i have outlook. Isnt that for Email? sorry newb
    02-27-09 01:07 AM
    Microsoft will let you download office trial free for 60 days. Either that or try google calender.

02-27-09 01:11 AM
    I imported the Cubs and White Sox schedules to Outlook and synced it to my BB via DM.
    02-27-09 01:14 AM
    This sounds awsome but i dont think i have outlook. Isnt that for Email? sorry newb
    Alan is correct and I would recommend Outlook over google simply because if you wanted to import the .csv it would more than likely have to be edited a little to work on google calendars import. Nothing hard, just extra work is all... Both work great and I love having my calendar set up for my teams. That along with my alerts keeps me always in the loop of the best team in baseball. That's right!! The Dodgers!!!!!!!
    02-27-09 01:17 AM
    haha yep i have the lakers on Windows calendar right now. But cant figure how to sync to the blacberry once i figure it out dodgers are next!
    02-27-09 01:42 AM
    Method if u do hit me up wit a pin msg

pin:3036835b tell me how

02-27-09 03:44 AM
    Havent messed around with it anymore but once i get back from work ill will try it again. I have in Microsoft Calendar and Windows calendar.
    02-27-09 09:45 AM
    Get office trial here if you dont have outlook:
    office
    next, download Lakers schedule and follow directions here:Lakers schedule
    Then follow directions here to load with Blackberry Desktop Manager
    sync with DM

Hope this helps. GO CELTICS!!!
    Last edited by alan.wine; 02-27-09 at 11:54 AM.
    02-27-09 11:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD