Just got 2 'private messages' here on the forum, both from user blackberry3030 titled 'hey' & contents are "What's up? What is your pin?"

Can't find a 'contact us' section to tell the admin here about it, so thought I'd put it here....
    10-29-10 01:16 AM
    what? no spoof.
    10-29-10 01:17 AM
    Beg your pardon if it's wrong terminology! It is an attempt to solicit personal info.....
    10-29-10 02:43 AM
    It's fairly normal around here. It doesn't sound like they're trying to trick you into anything, as they asked for it outright.

If you don't want to give it out, simply don't. PIN is harmless though, there's nothing useful they can get from it to identify you, unless you use your real name for your BBM display name.
    10-29-10 03:09 AM
    Harmless, but potentially obnoxious. Got that from someone when I first arrived here. Someone soliciting for a CB competitive site. Just ignore them and they will go away.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-10 05:58 AM
    Yeah, thanks for that, pretty normal everywhere unfortunately, just wanted to bring attention...
    10-29-10 06:05 AM
    Nothing to "report to admin". No 'violation'.

Just ignore it if you don't want to correspond with the user.
    10-29-10 06:19 AM
    Or go to BabelFish, compose a gibberish reply in "broken English" (think NYC taxi driver or VZW tech support), translate your reply into the foreign language of your choice, then reply with that.

Waste as much of their time as they did yours.
    10-29-10 12:30 PM
    Or go to BabelFish, compose a gibberish reply in "broken English" (think NYC taxi driver or VZW tech support), translate your reply into the foreign language of your choice, then reply with that.

Waste as much of their time as they did yours.
    Good thinking.
    10-30-10 05:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD