Hey guys,

I finally want to buy myself a BB but have a huge problem. I spend about half the year in the U.S. and the other in Germany. I want to figure out if there is a better option than to sign a 2-year BB data plan in both countries. I spent the entire last night looking into this, but I'm still really confused.

It seems that my best option would be to buy the BB without a contract in Germany, since they are cheaper over there and I could get it unlocked. (Please correct me if I'm wrong on this.)

But I have absolutely no clarity on what BB to get and if there is even an option to sign short term deals or go with a pre-paid option. Email/data is key here, everything else is secondary.

I really hope there is someone on this board who is also constantly travelling between North American and Europe and could maybe point me into the right direction.

Thanks in advance for helping out a clueless newbie! I hope I didnt make the wrong decision to join the BB family
    Last edited by fralax; 02-18-09 at 09:09 AM.
    02-18-09 09:03 AM
    You need an international voice and data plan for your BB. Make sure the BB is gsm and not a cdma BB. MY brother does a lot of international biz travel and has no problems with his BB on the international voice and data plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-09 10:14 AM
    Where can I get a good one? I just read that AT&T has one but will stop selling it on March 1st.
    02-18-09 10:21 AM
    *bump.........
    02-20-09 05:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD