For the PKB lovers, found this gem posted by NYTimes on my Instagram timeline. Spike Lee prefers to use his BlackBerry for typing it seems, here is a major Marketing plug for BlackBerry and the PKB!

Instagram post: https://www.instagram.com/p/ByfslUQn...d=6z0145qxxt7p

Article: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/31/n...edium=referral

Pretty cool to have someone like Spike Lee speak up about BlackBerry as he himself is a quirky yet incredibly talented and outspoken character. This is the sort of person Apple love to have in their Ads, and I am pretty sure they have had him a few times in their Ads, but here he is officially saying he prefers his BB for somethings.
    06-09-19 11:41 AM
    Awesome! Nice find 👍
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    06-09-19 11:47 AM
    Wonder if it’s an old BlackBerry or a new one.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    06-09-19 12:34 PM
    Wonder if it’s an old BlackBerry or a new one.
    Having done a bit of Googling around the subject, it turns out he has mentioned it a few times and is well known to love his BB, which is so bizarre, why nobody in tech, especially BB haven’t taken note of it

In terms of model, there does not seem to be ever any mention. You know what? I think it’s fine, even if it’s an old BlackBerry 9900 Bold, TCL/BB could play on the whole nostalgia aspect and maybe also have him create a mini-story from his BB that he then goes on to direct on his BB, communicate with the stars of his story, on his BB, handle family communication and shoot selfies court side at a BBall game on his BB.

Sort of sell people on how BB can do the slab stuff but also be the PKB device you love.

I’m sure the guys who like their PKBs could come up with something here
    06-09-19 01:45 PM
    06-09-19 01:59 PM
    Having done a bit of Googling around the subject, it turns out he has mentioned it a few times and is well known to love his BB, which is so bizarre, why nobody in tech, especially BB haven’t taken note of it
    I'm more surprised they haven't done any marketing with the Toronto Raptors, not even a simple "Go Raptors" on social media. BlackBerry Ltd did, they also had a blog/social media series on celebrities that use BlackBerry devices.
    06-10-19 10:12 AM
    I'm more surprised they haven't done any marketing with the Toronto Raptors, not even a simple "Go Raptors" on social media. BlackBerry Ltd did, they also had a blog/social media series on celebrities that use BlackBerry devices.
    I'm not saying it makes any sense, but I understand why this isn't a thing. BlackBerry Ltd has deals with Maple Leaf Entertainment, not BlackBerry Mobile. Masai Ujiri even uses a KEY2.
    06-10-19 12:13 PM
    I'm not saying it makes any sense, but I understand why this isn't a thing. BlackBerry Ltd has deals with Maple Leaf Entertainment, not BlackBerry Mobile. Masai Ujiri even uses a KEY2.
    Are the deals still in effect? I thought they expired after the last Passport ads aired.
    06-10-19 03:13 PM
    Are the deals still in effect? I thought they expired after the last Passport ads aired.
    At first I don't know why they would... BlackBerry isn't a consumer facing company. But then neither is IBM, and I still see their ads. In the end CEO, CFO, CTO... are all consumers too.
    06-10-19 03:19 PM
    BBMo has a limited marketing budget.... But sending a representative out to give Spike a limited edition Gold BlackBerry, not sure you could spend the money any better. People like this are active and would be proud to give BlackBerry a nod or two.

I bet there are a few hundred other example of celebrities of one type or another...
    06-10-19 03:23 PM
    BBMo has a limited marketing budget.... But sending a representative out to give Spike a limited edition Gold BlackBerry, not sure you could spend the money any better. People like this are active and would be proud to give BlackBerry a nod or two.

I bet there are a few hundred other example of celebrities of one type or another...
    BlackBerry Mobile sends out lots of devices. Problem is, from a marketing perspective, it's not a 'deal' or anything, it's just a nice gesture. If they get a mention or post in turn, cool. If not, meh. BlackBerry Ltd. did the same thing. Someone's job is to hand out devices.

Spike Lee prefers his BlackBerry for Typing!-screen-shot-2019-06-10-5.51.20-pm.png
    06-10-19 03:31 PM
    Probably wrapped now but they def. went beyond Passport. - https://crackberry.com/priv-official...oronto-raptors
    06-10-19 03:32 PM
    Probably wrapped now but they def. went beyond Passport. - https://crackberry.com/priv-official...oronto-raptors
    That's a shame, I'm sure they could have built a pretty fun campaign around "successful business trip".

Although BlackBerry Mobile is based out of California IIRC so they may not see it the same way.
    06-10-19 03:37 PM
    That's a shame, I'm sure they could have built a pretty fun campaign around "successful business trip".

Although BlackBerry Mobile is based out of California IIRC so they may not see it the same way.
    Ha! It would fit the facade anyway.. you think many of the Raptors actually LIVE in Canada. They just stay in Canada when they need to. But yeah, could be a loss for the 'home team'. Maybe that's why their social media accounts haven't said anything.. too biased!
    Invictus0 likes this.
    06-10-19 03:41 PM

Limited Edition Gold Key2? They'd be lucky to deliver a Red Key2. Heck, any Key2...
    the_boon likes this.
    06-10-19 04:01 PM
    Look up Drake and Blackberry if you really want to be impressed.
    06-10-19 07:43 PM
    Elvis Presley used BlackBerry devices exclusively.
    RCJ28 likes this.
    06-10-19 07:45 PM
    Elvis Presley used BlackBerry devices exclusively.
    I did too!
    06-10-19 08:05 PM
    I did too!
    But, do you have shoes made from blue suede? Do you compare yourself to a hound dog?
    06-11-19 05:43 AM
    But, do you have shoes made from blue suede? Do you compare yourself to a hound dog?
    I live in TN. Good enough?
    06-11-19 05:59 AM
    I live in TN. Good enough?
    I suppose unless you're in Chattanooga as that's just considered a really northwestern Atlanta, Georgia suburb.... NorthWest just relates you more to Kanye at that point..
    06-11-19 06:03 AM
    I suppose unless you're in Chattanooga as that's just considered a really northwestern Atlanta, Georgia suburb.... NorthWest just relates you more to Kanye at that point..
    Lol. Nashville ya'll
    06-11-19 06:06 AM
    For the PKB lovers, found this gem posted by NYTimes on my Instagram timeline. Spike Lee prefers to use his BlackBerry for typing it seems, here is a major Marketing plug for BlackBerry and the PKB!
    [IMG=945x2048]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190609/f8b3dedfb06fe2b633f8a0508d1e3e3d.jpg[/url]

Instagram post: https://www.instagram.com/p/ByfslUQn...d=6z0145qxxt7p

Article: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/31/n...edium=referral

Pretty cool to have someone like Spike Lee speak up about BlackBerry as he himself is a quirky yet incredibly talented and outspoken character. This is the sort of person Apple love to have in their Ads, and I am pretty sure they have had him a few times in their Ads, but here he is officially saying he prefers his BB for somethings.
    Nice but it would have been nice to see him with at least a KEYone in the hand lol
    06-12-19 04:12 PM