Hey. I was wondering on how to speed up the torch 9800 which has been used for 2.5 years?

Posted via CB10 on my Z10.
    09-29-13 02:17 PM
    Hey. I was wondering on how to speed up the torch 9800 which has been used for 2.5 years?

Strap it on a rocket....

Posted via CB10
    cevag, GSM-S and Terser Nori like this.
    09-29-13 03:20 PM
    Strap it on a rocket....

Posted via CB10
    LOL, would be easier to replace it with a torch 9810, a much better device.
    09-29-13 03:26 PM
    Strap it on a rocket....

Posted via CB10
    Lol that would be nice.

But seriously, my brother's contract will be ending in a few months, and he will be getting a new phone (probably an iPhone or Samsung). In the meantime, he wants to speed up his device since it is lagging a bit. How can he speed up the torch?

09-30-13 11:32 PM
    Lol that would be nice.

But seriously, my brother's contract will be ending in a few months, and he will be getting a new phone (probably an iPhone or Samsung). In the meantime, he wants to speed up his device since it is lagging a bit. How can he speed up the torch?

Try wiping it completely, or deleting apps (if any)
    GSM-S likes this.
    09-30-13 11:37 PM
    Erm, try a few of this.

1. Delete facebook and twitter, and use Uber (the 2 in one for the two apps). Lesser apps that need to use push (because they are push notification activated, or use Internet from time to time, the better).
    2. Contrary to belief, keeping lean OS (those reduced version of OSes) does not mean a faster system. Generally, I always have better experience with a full wipe.
    3. Turn off some syncs. In these kind of cases, I actually don't install dropbox and evernote and stuffs like that. Its not like dropbox is bad (actually its still VERY good), but the reasons i uninstall them is because i don't use them. Same as the games inthe Torch, I uninstalled them because I don't use them.

For older OSes, I think its safe to go to the .648/.666 version (or at least .6xx, I forgot which one LOL).

Hybrids are the ones I'll stay away, since they're geared towards heavy duty perfomance, but not exactly smoothness. I hope with whatever little I wrote.
    GSM-S likes this.
    10-01-13 07:31 AM