What is the speed difference between a USB cable and a BT wireless 2.0 usb adapter using it as a modem? I'm tired of the usb cord. I just bought a
    IOGEAR Enhanced Data Rate Bluetooth USB Adapter GBU221P Network adapter
    IOGEAR Enhanced Data Rate Bluetooth USB Adapter GBU221P Network adapter ( GBU221P ) - PCUniverse.com
    04-19-08 12:30 AM
    I don't know the numbers, but the USB cable will be faster, is what I have read around here.

Let us know your experience?
    04-19-08 12:50 AM
    USB is definitely faster... It's a direct connection while BT has to not only work on providing the connection, but stay connected wirelessly.

Some have said to notice the difference by a lot, but no better experience than first hand experience.
    04-19-08 01:01 AM
    USB is definitely faster... It's a direct connection while BT has to not only work on providing the connection, but stay connected wirelessly.

Some have said to notice the difference by a lot, but no better experience than first hand experience.
    So if I try to use this bluetooth to connect as a modem, it will slow me down considerably?

I haven't opened the box yet, so I may as well take it back as using a cable isn't that big of a deal.

Who else has used both cable & bluetooth and your opinion?
    04-19-08 12:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD